league mechanic gives no currency?

"
Aynix wrote:
You can play CASUALLY (you people sure like to use this word) 2-3 hours a day, spend that time just running random maps with focusing on whatever mechanic you seem fun and get A LOT of moneey.

No disagreement with making some currency, or that your premise that you can make more with knowledge and experience. However, how much you make currency is irrelevant, unless getting currency itself brings you more fun, or you get better game play and more fun from that.

"
Aynix wrote:
You are wrong if you think you need to "focus on farming" to make currency in PoE.

My point is that if you feel you NEED to do anything (beyond the basics of advancing your character through the game) then it is no longer casual. Somebody could play 1 hour a day, 2 hours a week, or 5+ hours a day and be casual - so long as they enjoyed it and the game didn't feel like work.

People watch Videos/TV casually and spend a lot of time doing so. People generally don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out the most efficient way of watching videos, and then grind watching videos they don't like so they can get enough points to watch higher levels of videos that they do like.

" vast majority of the money is not in raw currency, its in "small drops" you collect and then sell in bulk once you collected enough."

That's easy enough for anyone with a currency tab to figure out.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

My point is that if you feel you NEED to do anything (beyond the basics of advancing your character through the game) then it is no longer casual. Somebody could play 1 hour a day, 2 hours a week, or 5+ hours a day and be casual - so long as they enjoyed it and the game didn't feel like work.

Fair. I agree that the moment you try to minmax something you are no longer doing it casually.
wtf people are sad about the league because its not zoom-zoom and no trillions of currency dropping every second map
also about "i have to read all that??"

LOL

Looking forward to this interesting league
"
shadowthedead wrote:
wtf people are sad about the league because its not zoom-zoom and no trillions of currency dropping every second map

LOL

Yes, they are upset because its not something they like. Imagine.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

LOL

Isn't it dull and boring, getting stuff with ease and no sweat?
Shouldn't it be challenging? With a taste of accomplishment?

I guess that's not for everyone
"
shadowthedead wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

LOL

They dont want another affliction where it gives so much loot people are actualle getting tired of looting. But vast majority of PoE players preffer leagues where you need to actually kill monsters and we didnt have that one in a while.
Affliction - nope (it just buffed existing ones)
ToTA - nope
Crucible - kinda, but not really.
Sanctum - nope
Kalandra - closest to what people look for, but we know how bad it was
People love killing monsters so leagues like Breach, Abyss, Legion, Expedition (ones that give a lot of extra monsters) are usually hte most popular.
"
shadowthedead wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

LOL

often times the challenge to reward ratio is very bad at the start of leagues
i was wondering about that too but... 2.5x drop of headhunters and magebloods from normal content? crazy
crafting mech? from what I saw it was... meh. they didnt even show the result of one of them i wonder why. they didnt say how often will it be possible to craft "good" items. is it after each zone? after each act?
it also takes forever to place them into the dirt and then selection etc. + animation.
since we wont be able to SKIP it we will probably see how good it is but week 1 patch will probably have "faster animation when crafting" and after 2-3 weeks the new UI will be presented too. as always

I wonder about party play too.

only tattoo I was interested in (life reservation) was changed so its just another currency for me. maybe % ES will be worth it.

league should be good though. League mechanics will probs be not so good before first patch.
What are you all talking about ? who says there arent corpses you can bury that drop currency , we dont know that .
"
damir21 wrote:
What are you all talking about ? who says there arent corpses you can bury that drop currency , we dont know that .

Why would they even add it? You need to kill enemy to get a corpse. Why bother adding extra step (or few steps) instead just making the enemy you kill drop the currency?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info