league mechanic gives no currency?

"
Xyel wrote:

Yes, it disqualifies you from the casual tag :)

Casual with 40/40 gave me a good chuckle.

Which is great, because I am mightily disappointed by the stream. Unskippable crafting-oriented league where I have to read shit and click on stuff and I don't even get currency for doing it sounds terrible. No, I will not get into crafting.

I'll confess that I considered myself pretty casual in spite of quite a few 40/40 leagues in large part because I didn't play a ton of hours a day and it took me months to finish the 40/40; I even finished one league on the very last day. I figured being good at the game because of a decade of playing allowed efficient use of time played; and I viewed less time played per day as the definition of casual.

My definition has shifted though based upon commentary around here. Although I still disagree with the characterization that casual means bad, or not able to experience the entire game.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 21, 2024, 5:39:43 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

Yes, it disqualifies you from the casual tag :)

Casual with 40/40 gave me a good chuckle.

Which is great, because I am mightily disappointed by the stream. Unskippable crafting-oriented league where I have to read shit and click on stuff and I don't even get currency for doing it sounds terrible. No, I will not get into crafting.

I'll confess that I considered myself pretty casual in spite of quite a few 40/40 leagues in large part because I didn't play a ton of hours a day and it took me months to finish the 40/40; I even finished one league on the very last day. I figured being good at the game because of a decade of playing allowed efficient use of time played; and I viewed less time played per day as the definition of casual.

My definition has shifted though based upon commentary around here. Although I still disagree with the characterization that casual means bad, or not able to experience the entire game.

It's also the total number of hours and general investment (personal, not meaning money), as casual typically refers to a player that plays a few hours here and there, and that's it. Just that you're on the forums should already disqualify you from the casual tag, because that's a level of personal investment a casual player doesn't have.

The word I've heard lately is midcore, which I believe would fit players like us, and which also happens to be about the largest population of every game.
Last edited by Xyel on Mar 21, 2024, 6:14:26 PM
"
Silverpelt wrote:
I didn't see any option to pick the base in the stream? If there no way to select a base, what the point of this crafting system?

Whats the point? YOu clikc the button, you close the eye and you pray to RNGesus. Like Chrin Wilson intended.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Thank fucking god. Was about time we get a good crafting league again. It has been so long.

What makes you ASS/U/ME this is going to be a "Good" crafting league? That video yesterday seemed like you will craft 99.99% garbage predominantly. Add in the fact that league mechanic doesn't drop currency either.....
Gonna be a fire league. I was hoping for something completely different from last league that is more skill + knowledge oriented. This is what Path of Exile is and what makes it the best ARPG of all time.
"
TempestMind wrote:
Gonna be a fire league. I was hoping for something completely different from last league that is more skill + knowledge oriented. This is what Path of Exile is and what makes it the best ARPG of all time.

More like RNG oriented. Like always with crafting.
"
vio wrote:
to me, as a average player, affliction didn't give me more curency than previous leagues.

but yes, to those who ran multi mirror builds: a death is needed to be reborn :)

lol i am casual , few hours a day and i made over 500 divs 2 magebloods and every item i ever wanted for standard ....inc nimis , kalandras touch

you were doing it wrong mate , there was plenty of guides on how to farm casually
"
Mindsmog wrote:
"
vio wrote:
to me, as a average player, affliction didn't give me more curency than previous leagues.

but yes, to those who ran multi mirror builds: a death is needed to be reborn :)

lol i am casual , few hours a day and i made over 500 divs 2 magebloods and every item i ever wanted for standard ....inc nimis , kalandras touch

you were doing it wrong mate , there was plenty of guides on how to farm casually

People tend to use "casual" when in fact they should call themselves "newbies". I can play casually 2-3h a day and still have enough currency to spend 100 divines on a build and think its not that much.
Now lets take newbie, person who barely has any knowledge about the game and, most of the time, refuse to look for that knowledge. He can play 15h a day and not achieve even fraction what I can get in that "casual play of 2-3h a day"
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 1:09:25 PM
Crafting leagues have always been my least favorite. But that's because I'm not much of a crafter and leave item creation up to those willing to put in the time. These leagues always add something to the longevity of the game even if the league is a mess when it is introduced.

As long as there is a way for me to farm things to sell people who are going to craft these items it'll be fine. Farmers feed crafters and all is well.

Haven't read the details on the mechanic enough to figure out if that is the case. If not, this league will turn a lot of people off .
Man you guys talking about "casual" is nuts.

2-3 hours A DAY is NOT casual. That is an insane amount of time investment in a freaking game lol. Casual is more like 2-3 hours a WEEK, potentially even less. Geez.....Where the heck do you even find the time to "casually" devote 2-3 hours a day to a game??

Think about a sports practice, a musician's practice session, etc. These are PROS at what they do....and they are doing about 2-3 hours a day (except in extreme circumstances).

You need to seriously reconsider your time magnitudes when talking about this lol....

"I'm casual, play 2-3 hours a day, 5+ years, thousands of hours total invested". lmao.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 22, 2024, 1:34:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info