Do we know if anything From Affliction will carry over to base game?

"
Jradlot21 wrote:

What planet are you living on? Hundreds of new skill gems, 3 new ascendancies on top of existing, and the best MF league ever. Your entitled to your opinion, but I think a lot of people feel as I do. It's one of the best leagues ever.

Also, what on earth are you rambling about? Play a few weeks and be gone? Make game boring and bad? Bro wtf are you talking about chill out. Take care.

I agree that affliction was a huge loot pinata league. Probably top 3 all time if not the #1 in terms of loot silliness.

I also think it's healthy to have the pendulum swing back to avoid huge creep in terms of power and drops. Leagues that are relatively deserts searching for an oasis have their own charm as well and create appreciation for the loot pinata leagues.

I'm not saying next league should be Ruthless because that's too far by a long shot in my opinion, but certainly scaled back.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 1, 2024, 12:40:47 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:

I agree that affliction was a huge loot pinata league. Probably top 3 all time if not the #1 in terms of loot silliness.

I also think it's healthy to have the pendulum swing back to avoid huge creep in terms of power and drops. Leagues that are relatively deserts searching for an oasis have their own charm as well and create appreciation for the loot pinata leagues.

I'm not saying next league should be Ruthless because that's too far by a long shot in my opinion, but certainly scaled back.

yeah i agree with this.

for me this league took the lootplosion way too far, but that aside its ok to have some level of loot insanity for a league.

this league was good as a league, most of us had a great time, but this would be bad as a core game feature.

while harvest was in the game during the league they made it core the only thing in the entire game really worth doing was speed farming t8 atol maps looking for harvests. that behaviour provided probably 100x more reward than any other behaviour in the game that wasnt spamming for harvests.

in the game right now this mechanic is doing the same thing.

just farming abysses with mf on to make money in order to... keep farming abysses with mf like you are already doing. one source of rewards being so ridiculously out of line with all others is not good for the game, theres no way people can make a reasonable argument that its a good thing imo. a mechanic like this would just take over the entire game. for a league thats completely fine, its the worst thing you could add as a main game feature tho.
If anything, wisps have a fair chance to make it to the core.
Think about it: loot goblins were an actual idea from GGG; they really wanted that in the game. People crying over it forced them to take those back and think about it.

In the meantime, MF was really weak (if you compare it even with 3.17), so this fixes multiple issues:
* The reverse powercreep of MF
* A good implementation of Loot Goblins: if you juice too much, you are going to get your ass handed on a plate.
* Stabilization of the economy: ever since 3.19, a lot of mid/good strats were really bad due to the massive amount of people that moved from MF to other things. Due to the heavy amount of supply, prices dropped hard, making some strats unprofitable unless you were really good at it.

Right now, wisps are actually really balanced. I have never since I started playing had a stronger MF character, and yet I have to play really well, otherwise mobs will break my ass in 2
If there is anything that "needs improvement" (aka, making people stop complaining), it's the low-tier strats. While low-tier strats should be totally good and acceptable, there should be a motivation to make players keep ramping up difficulty; maybe making wisp density scale with map tier too could solve this. There are already a lot of downsides to the low tier strat, such as no altars (no dupe, which is big), no good fractures, no valdos, T0 ilvl restrictions, etc., which I think are enough. At least personally, I wouldn't return to the low tier without any doubt; the income difference is too big.

To round it up, I get that a lot of people can't imagine having decent amounts of loot going, but it would be really good for the game in the long run, not only for the current playerbase but, more importantly, for new players.

If it stays in, it will be mandatory for each character to do the triads and the king much like doing lab. If the RNG stays this will be an issue.

But I can't imagine they want league mechanics with such a heavy impact on generic build power to remain, or in the end all we'd have is mandatory chores of different types.

Then again, affliction is very good content and it would be weird, also given its success, to not want to reuse it.

The game needs an increase in difficulty if it stays and stacks on top of a new mechanic that ups player power through the next roof. Rhoas in Mudflats will have wings and lasers at some point.
Did you try turning it off and on again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info