Do we know if anything From Affliction will carry over to base game?

We can pretty much guarantee whisps won't carry over, at least not like how they are implimented.

But I'm curious if the Charms, ascendancies and unique will carry over.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2024, 9:09:39 AM
I doubt anything but the uniques will carry over. I come to this conclusion because they made the That Which Was Taken jewel which acts basically as 2 charms with a total of 4x t1 mods. This can easily transition over though without the wildwood, and the rest cannot.

Even if nothing but the uniques come over the impact all of these t0 uniques, and mega rich people will have on the STD economy will be significant.

This is the first time IIRC, that GGG has given us as system in a league that results in a new, separate skill tree. Not like tattoos, or cluster jewels, but new socket-able ascendancies with a distinct and separate tree and pseudo-jewels. All this effort to keep it in a completely separate vacuum makes me think it was to cut the cord in 3.24.

This is also why I'm hesitant to buy the "additional projectile" charms. If I find some then woohoo for sure, but my savings will go elsewhere for now.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Feb 1, 2024, 3:28:30 PM
the unique jewel.
Honestly the little baggy is amazing for all the small things you want to bring with you for swapping, or applying in map, your scrolls. Would be an amazing addition to core.

Would like to see the corpses, made a thread about it pleaded my case.

Who knows we will see.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
"
hmcg020 wrote:

Even if nothing but the uniques come over the impact all of these t0 uniques, and mega rich people will have on the STD economy will be significant.

Not like standard isn't already more than flooded anyways with t0 unique items and riches even without the current league hoho
It's a dead storage unite place or the testing playground for some players, so the impact on a dead economy will be close to non existent.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Feb 1, 2024, 6:22:55 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:

Not like standard isn't already more than flooded anyways with t0 unique items and riches even without the current league hoho
It's a dead storage unite place or the testing playground for some players, so the impact on a dead economy will be close to non existent.

I wholeheartedly disagree. You can make a mirror in a week of farming in league. Some people can do it much faster, some people much slower, but I think it's reasonable to say that's a not too generous, or conservative middle ground. This is from raw drops building up. Thousands of people are about to enter a standard with more currency than the overwhelming majority of players in std have ever seen.

And regarding t0s:

Squire STD vs Aff
- 912 listed as far back as a year ago in STD https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/v49e0pjSE
- 3774 listed as far back as 2 months ago in Aff
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/v49e0pjSE

Headhunter
- 6480 in std
- 3758 in aff within 2 months, league's over half way to duplicating the supply in std.

Mageblood
- 1924 in STD
- 2915 in AFF, roughly 50% more 2 months into league vs all of standard.

You get the picture. Or you don't. Doesn't matter. What comes from this league, will massively influence the prices of chase items in std, and add many more.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:

You get the picture. Or you don't. Doesn't matter. What comes from this league, will massively influence the prices of chase items in std, and add many more.

It'll just pile up with all the unwanted items of every other past league cause everyone playing standard has no real desire to these items as the market is already pretty much oversaturated with them. Most of all players had their hh or mb during one or another league, didn't gambled them away and therefore have said item accessible in standard at any giving time.
You also forgot the point that most of all players don't care about standard, so their wealth, items and whatnot becomes meaningless as it's just another remove only tab in the universe of the database. And the 0.1% of players who do care about standard causes they continue their shady rmt business there amd carry over lots of stuff into it every league, not just this league. So it doesn't really matter cause most of all items land just in another remove only tab and never even get to see the light of the standard market.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Feb 1, 2024, 10:42:05 PM
"
gryphon79 wrote:
We can pretty much guarantee whisps won't carry over, at least not like how they are implimented.

But I'm curious if the Charms, ascendancies and unique will carry over.

You won't know until GGG tells you in the announcements, everything you see atm is a guess at best.
Just keep in mind that ANYTHING that goes core is drastically nerfed from the rate at which you encounter them to the benefits you would gain.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 2, 2024, 4:24:06 AM
I hope it goes into the void.
If it comes back, they will completely gut it to where the average schmuck like myself won't see the big benefits from it. Only the full group players will reap the rewards from it.
Considering the Charms are a rehashed Tattoo system, I think so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info