(June 9/10) Hardcore ladder race

"
dime wrote:
Did anyone even make it to cruel? Think I was 1.5 hours in beginning act 2, much slower pace compared to previous game versions.

i don't think so, there is no one mentioned for killing hillock on cruel.
IGN:
Rampage:
_ces
Last edited by shora on Jun 9, 2012, 8:40:22 PM
No,nobody did - i could have if i had not forgotten alira :-)
Went bow templar, found elemental hit at lvl3, had shortbow/icequiver ready for lvl5 and thought id have to die not to win...

Then got zero useful drops for the rest of the event (except for 2 alchs in the last 5 mins, thanks rng ~_~). Faced merveil with 27cr and reached lvl20 with less than 1/4 the dps id usually have. Amazing i managed the result i did considering how slowly i had to progress not to get swarmed.

The recent difficulty increase was very noticable, and probably a good part of why no one made it to cruel. Certainly made the event more interesting!

Desync was an issue, and tbh it wasnt like this in most previous events. The last couple have had serious issues with melee monsters hitting from half a screen away with no attack animations, periods where my shots were visibly landing but not doing damage 50% of the time even though my acc was 85-90% etc. Latency, framerate etc are also normal when the desync occurs.

Good event overall, hoping to see a much higher frequency of them in the future.
IGN: KoTao
Seems like a very small turnout. No one made it to cruel??? Pretty average.
RIP Bolto
I had to work as usually, maybe next time. Fingers crossed.
I just love this game!
"
Prizes have been awarded!

I think we'll probably be changing the prize structure for next week's event to encourage more casual players to enter.

What about another time? I'm from Europe and I'd love to participate in those races, especially in hardcore races, and I'm sure many other players from Europe would too.

But for us this time means playing in the middle of the night.
Well, it's always going to be the wrong time for some people. Consider that the Americas are -6 to -10 hours from CET, and SEA is +6 to +10, it just doesn't fit.

As PoE grows, I could see the possibility of doing more than one round though. Having one early and one late round should give most of the world a chance to have one session at a decent time. Eg. Early round around noon CET, and late round same time as now. Players would be able to participate in both rounds should they wish.

Then you can compile the two league rounds together for overall winners and prizes, and maybe have some smaller prizes for each round.

(Euro player btw)
Does GGG have anyone based in the European time-zone?
I know that Brian is in the US and he might run events at european-friendly times, but EU does have 6 to 9 hours on the US, which can be significant.
I have read that Erik is a Swede by birth. Is he still stationed in my neighbouring country? :)
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
Chris wrote:
Top Prizes:

The top three players of each class by experience will receive prizes.
Duelists:
  • ToE_DiedTwice (siffin)
  • OutspreadGayety (grimhoradrim)
  • (list end)

Am I right with this, that only two Duelists have seen the checkered flag? o_O
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jun 10, 2012, 8:16:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type