(June 9/10) Hardcore ladder race

Good game, as every week ^^

"
golem09 wrote:
So where can we check the stats about this event?

Ladder --> "June 10 3h HC Race Ladder"
The Unofficial Fan Art Thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/729
"
dime wrote:
Was playing as MartinLuther and had an incredible first half of the race with siffin and Metronomy. Lost one party member before Merveil, then another immediately after, so went into act 2 alone.

Decided not to grind anywhere, and pushed hard to take out Weaver, with many disconnects and runs all the way back from Dark Forest WP. Rushed Sins and had no problem getting through Vaal. In Pools & Streams I started playing the "no mana, no flask charges, no portals" game and made it to Waterfall, but fell flat with too much mana consumption and couldn't make it work. Several disconnects later something hit me with DOT in Pools and Streams and that was it.

I find it really difficult to tell when you are hit with DOT, and if you are not geared properly like me, it is extremely punishing.

Your misfortune got me first place and my first demigods (and first place overall which is quite sad considering my slow pace at some parts of the event...)!

I had it pretty much the opposite way - worst dropluck ever until end act1 and then 2 cold res rings right before mmerveil & a full round of high level flasks act 2.
Well at least now I know how bad having only blue/white weapons for most of the run feels...

Singleplayer all along btw, is it really helpful to play in a group?

Note for the next time: the bandit quest is necessary to get into cruel difficulty...

Edit: Ye I totally managed to post it with the wrong account, bummssacke here...
Last edited by Victolol on Jun 9, 2012, 8:12:51 PM
10 Coldet Makethla Templar 20 1021008

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Joined a Public party from the start. By Merveil there was just two of us left (RoedeOurm BoomBoomBaDaBoom)and in pops Tranx (BeFunF. So we wasted Merveil and sailed through to Felshrine for the leveling. Unfortunately much time was wasted doing Fairgraves. But I did ask the party to skip it :)

No really this was mega fun and I did enjoy the public party.

Goody Goodie :)
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
I'm BACK :)
Last edited by Coldet on Jun 9, 2012, 8:26:54 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Victolol wrote:

Your misfortune got me first place and my first demigods (and first place overall which is quite sad considering my slow pace at some parts of the event...)!

I had it pretty much the opposite way - worst dropluck ever until end act1 and then 2 cold res rings right before mmerveil & a full round of high level flasks act 2.
Well at least now I know how bad having only blue/white weapons for most of the run feels...

Note for the next time: the bandit quest is necessary to get into cruel difficulty...

Edit: Ye I totally managed to post it with the wrong account, bummssacke here...
Dime was the last member of our party left. Unfortunately he had to solo beginning start of act 2, and parties are really helpful for act 2..
hmmm... maybe I should play next event with a party too ;)
The Unofficial Fan Art Thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/729
"
Victolol wrote:

For portal sharing, and for act 2 quest sharing, absolutely. Good job on winning the whole thing, you already had me beat though a good half hour before I died.

Sorry FFSSSSSS for not replying to you in-game, could not spell your name and afaik no /reply function.

Congrats to siffin/Metronomy for ranking so high even after multiple deaths.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Jun 9, 2012, 8:23:34 PM
"
Metronomy wrote:
Dime was the last member of our party left. Unfortunately he had to solo beginning start of act 2, and parties are really helpful for act 2..

Having members die in HC is one of the reasons why I never even attempted to play in a group yet, but I might consider it for the next event - but I am still not totally sold for that since I really like to play in my own pace and therefore would need to find people who are about as fast (or slow.. ;) )as me.

Edit: Ah yes sorry from me as well FS, I tend to ignore chat on races, didn't mean it in a bad way.
Last edited by Victo on Jun 9, 2012, 8:23:59 PM
Prizes have been awarded!

I think we'll probably be changing the prize structure for next week's event to encourage more casual players to enter.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Prizes have been awarded!

I think we'll probably be changing the prize structure for next week's event to encourage more casual players to enter.

I think that would be a great idea.
I'm BACK :)
Did anyone even make it to cruel? Think I was 1.5 hours in beginning act 2, much slower pace compared to previous game versions.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Jun 9, 2012, 8:29:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info