(June 9/10) Hardcore ladder race

as someone said already, there should be random prices as well to motivate casual players like me a bit to participate. i normally reach the first camp when the first guy already solved the medicine chest quest.

"
cronus wrote:
as someone said already, there should be random prices as well to motivate casual players like me a bit to participate. i normally reach the first camp when the first guy already solved the medicine chest quest.

They already have these, they are called...
"
Spot Prizes:
We'll also distribute some spot prizes randomly after the event to people who reached certain level thresholds. You can be eligible for multiple tiers of spot prizes. Winners of other categories can still win spot prizes.

Level 27+: 5 random currency items (1 person receives this)
Level 23+: 4 random currency items (5 people receive this)
Level 18+: 3 random currency items (5 people receive this)
Level 13+: 2 random currency items (5 people receive this)
They just dont include all the low levels so people cant spam characters to try and get more of the random prizes. You should be able to make 2 lvl 13 characters in 3 hours with ease, though it would be easier to make 1 lvl 18 character (to receive better chances for prizes) rather than than 2 level 13's.
Well.. I gave it a shot. I was #1 shadow and then I died.. and then I was #1 shadow again and then I died. The lag is just too much in this game especially now with the updated graphics and new monster skills. Fetid Pool? Forget about it. It was impossible for me before the new update, now it's even worse. Not to mention how incredibly unfriendly it is for someone who is colorblind! Multiple Ground Fires from exploding hellions? Forget about it, instant lag--instant death. Graphics settings at the lowest or the highest, makes no difference it's the same lag and it's only PoE.

O well, good luck people.

I had my shot as well, but then I died in the prison with my witch.
Well, after one hour I think another try is way too late, so I'll focus on Dead Space 2 now :D
Last edited by golem09 on Jun 9, 2012, 6:02:03 PM
I still dont get why brutus could one shot me. I could easily tank 4-5 of his hits before he killed me and I was at full health when he hit me. It must have been this annoying rubberbanding that occurs since patch 0.9.10. I'm so pissed off right now because even after my first death i was top 20 or so. But still good luck to all the people who play to the end of the event...
Well, he nearly one shot me too with a crit, but besides that he was manageable. Of course, I died retardedly to some random mobs a few areas later.

Still, good fun while it lasted.
Was playing as MartinLuther and had an incredible first half of the race with siffin and Metronomy. Lost one party member before Merveil, then another immediately after, so went into act 2 alone.

Decided not to grind anywhere, and pushed hard to take out Weaver, with many disconnects and runs all the way back from Dark Forest WP. Rushed Sins and had no problem getting through Vaal. In Pools & Streams I started playing the "no mana, no flask charges, no portals" game and made it to Waterfall, but fell flat with too much mana consumption and couldn't make it work. Several disconnects later something hit me with DOT in Pools and Streams and that was it.

I find it really difficult to tell when you are hit with DOT, and if you are not geared properly like me, it is extremely punishing.
IGN @dime
Was pretty fun, I need to be more careful. A group of blue monkeys surrounded me so I couldnt run =)

Was #2 Ranger, Overall 18th.
Lol badluck MartinLutherdead.

FFSSSSSSSS CLEANING UP, 26 Orbs without random spot and a demi! COME AT ME
i go hard on my nintendo
So where can we check the stats about this event?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info