(June 9/10) Hardcore ladder race

Wont be gaining another amulet this time. Hope next week works out.
RIP Bolto
"
I'll give this one a go, only participated in one other race before this.

One thing I never could figure out though, is how is it possible for people to gain levels so fast? I play through as quickly as possible, killing everything, and I see people at the top of the ladder 20+ level ahead of me in the same timeframe, lol

At a guess, killing everything isn't an optimal strategy. The top players have played enough to know which areas are best for levelling, and so try to get there as quickly as possible by sprinting past everything else (within reason, it's hardcore after all). But don't take my word for it, I'm also a slow leveller.
18 hours perfect hour!
Last edited by wiima on Jun 8, 2012, 9:15:31 AM
"
Jarchan wrote:
"
I'll give this one a go, only participated in one other race before this.

One thing I never could figure out though, is how is it possible for people to gain levels so fast? I play through as quickly as possible, killing everything, and I see people at the top of the ladder 20+ level ahead of me in the same timeframe, lol

At a guess, killing everything isn't an optimal strategy. The top players have played enough to know which areas are best for levelling, and so try to get there as quickly as possible by sprinting past everything else (within reason, it's hardcore after all). But don't take my word for it, I'm also a slow leveller.

Yes. While I'm not the fastest, this holds true. If you've played diablo II you're familiar with this:
rush rush Baal-run Baal-run Baal-run Baal-run . . . rush rush.

Heck, it's true for every leveling game. Killing lvl1 rats is rarely effective. In the races I just try to run as fast as I can through the levels and still being able to live and fight(which is the hard thing to optimize), only killing the biggest packs or bosses. :)
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
"
Bulkathos wrote:
Chris, i know i get boring with asking about cut-throat and pvp ,but can we have another event of it ,pls ?

Yes!
I usually NEVER play PVP in any online game, but the cut throat league sounds so exciting, that now I actually crave for it.
I would very much like to try this out.
I've never been good at converting time zone differences, what is the time for American EST? I know it mentioned 2pm PST but then I got to wondering how big the time difference was if the event was going to be Sunday morning at 9am for NZ time but Saturday afternoon for west coast America?

Not trolling just trying to understand it so I know what time to be online, I enjoy participating in these every week.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
I've never been good at converting time zone differences, what is the time for American EST? I know it mentioned 2pm PST but then I got to wondering how big the time difference was if the event was going to be Sunday morning at 9am for NZ time but Saturday afternoon for west coast America?

Not trolling just trying to understand it so I know what time to be online, I enjoy participating in these every week.

5pm-8pm EST
IGN @dime
Everyone FRAPS your speed run and post it to youtube!
There are 2 gateways: NA & Euro.
Now tell me, is it so hard and bad for EU players to play at normal hours and not at midnight?
Simply do 2 races oor swap time every weak so it would be more balanced for everyone.
there are 2 server gateways, yes - but there is no restriction on access in any way, and there's no parting between the chars on both. (not like in D2, where your chars are fixed at the server you created them: you can use every char on both/all(later) available gateways/servers)

actually, hosting the races is a task, demading some kind of presence by dev's - to be able to react on crashes etc, to trace bugs etc and to do all the things related to the result of the race.
At least when this gets mote stable and automated, multiple races will happen - and then also with more timzone diversity, I expect.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jun 9, 2012, 6:23:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info