3.24 Torstein's GodSlayer - Molten Strike - Melee Unhinged

can I wear mageblood with this build?
"
Dassort wrote:
can I wear mageblood with this build?

People in thread have experimented with Mageblood but then determined it simply is not as good as Chains of Emancipation belt. The up time of Rage is very very good with that belt.
Huge build guide, tyvm was looking for a starter for the next league. hope ggg won't break it :D
New to the game btw..

Reached about 170m dps using this build on PoB..

I feel something is missing defensively with my build as sometimes I still get one shotted by a juiced up essence mob (double essence mob with 5+ different essences). Is this a common thing in general with the game? Cos I've beaten ubers and almost never get one shotted but juiced up essence mob sometimes just one shot me..

PoB is linked below.
https://pobb.in/w60BZG4rFI2w

DPS wise I'm happy with it, but defensive wise is there any possibility to add another layer of defensives?

Current Layers:
- Elemental Ailments Immunity
- Curse Immunities
- Stun Immunites
- Bleed + Corrupt Blood Immunities
- Reflect Immunities
- Extra damage from critical strikes immunities
Last edited by agnusuwu on Jan 28, 2024, 7:41:49 AM
"
agnusuwu wrote:
New to the game btw..

I feel something is missing defensively with my build as sometimes I still get one shotted by a juiced up essence mob (double essence mob with 5+ different essences). Is this a common thing in general with the game? Cos I've beaten ubers and almost never get one shotted but juiced up essence mob sometimes just one shot me..

PoB is linked below.

DPS wise I'm happy with it, but defensive wise is there any possibility to add another layer of defensives?

Current Layers:
- Curse Immunities
- Stun Immunites
- Reflect Immunities

I and others in the thread have also experienced some issues with Essences.

I do not think you have any problems with your defensive layers. You did not list fortify but I double checked to see that you do have it on your armor so you are good there.

I think the issue you may be dealing with possibly is that many of our defensive layers are conditional. When they are all up, we are very very tanky but depending on your play style, there may be times that you stop to corrupt an essence and maybe by the time you wake them up, some of your conditional defensive layers are gone. If by chance then that the essence monster hits you first before you can raise all the conditional layers, you could get one shot.

Before I wake up an essence now, if I see any of my layers are down, I simply go find the closest pack, kill them to raise everything and come back immediately to wake the essence.

A big difference between an essence and an uber is an essence will try and hit you instantly when waking up. With the ubers, you have far more time to hit them first to raise the defensive layers.

=======

I know you were not concerned about your DPS but it is even better than you showed in your POB. If you want to compare DPS apples to apples with other POB's, you should turn on Rage=30 and Enemy at Close Range in your config. This will put you close to 190m.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 28, 2024, 11:11:43 AM
"
IdoA wrote:
Huge build guide, tyvm was looking for a starter for the next league. hope ggg won't break it :D

I don't think there is anything in the build that GGG will go out of its way to nerf, but like almost all 3.23 builds, the Charms carry a TON of power for this build, both offensively and defensively.

I don't expect charms are going core, so some aspects of this build will need retooling come 3.24.
"
Yalpe wrote:
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Any advice on crafting the cluster ?

Great guide torstein

Respect

They are hell to make just buy em.

Im on psn they bot exist made :D
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
While I am still working on upgrades, I too have been having trouble with juiced essence mobs. The essence that is proving to be the most dangerous for me is mobs that have an essence of Contempt. The untargetable mobs they spawn hit hard enough to break through my defenses.
"
agnusuwu wrote:
New to the game btw..

PoB is linked below.

Current Layers:
- Curse Immunities
- Stun Immunites
- Reflect Immunities

Everything looks ok. Do you activate Berserk before you break the Essence?
I never had issues with them. They evaporate pretty much instantly.
"
xkuzanx wrote:
While I am still working on upgrades, I too have been having trouble with juiced essence mobs. The essence that is proving to be the most dangerous for me is mobs that have an essence of Contempt. The untargetable mobs they spawn hit hard enough to break through my defenses.

You're a bit short on life. Don't forget to use Berserk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info