3.24 Torstein's GodSlayer - Molten Strike - Melee Unhinged

"
rappwb wrote:
Shouldn't ele reflect be negated by level 5 awakened ele damage gem?

The gem only negates reflect from molten strike, whirling blades is not negated and also if you are very low mana a default attack will kill you.

"
rappwb wrote:
At what point does this build excel at T17s and whatnot. What should I focus on upgrading next. I know Nimis would be helpful, but super expensive. Also trying to get a Dying Sun.

As Drachan said this build can run T17s but you have to be careful with the map mods. Linking Automaton to Berserk was also very helpful for me when I farmed T17s.
Last edited by Duannie on Apr 20, 2024, 4:45:10 AM
"
Ad1s wrote:
Can someone explain this math for me? 19 = 17? dafuq?

"Formula for damage calculation that you will use to check your char
(ball base number x 0.6) + (ball base number + Sniper's mark)

So in case of the finished build it will go like this
(9x0.6) + (9+3) = 19.4 = 17 balls"

ahahahhaa sorry my bad

Guide is extensive so few mistakes slipped.
This is the right calculation

Formula for damage calculation that you will use to check your char
(ball base number x 0.6) + (ball base number + Sniper's mark with 16% increased mark effect from Tattoos)

(9x0.6) + (9+2) = 16.4 = 16 balls
"
Drachan wrote:
I don't find that this build "excels" at t17s. They are manageable, but my experience has not been that they are a cake walk and I have my build, after testing many variants, compiled almost exactly to the specs of this guide.
https://pobb.in/521nQPTvj9QQ

It's an incredibly fun build and it is powerful, but it isn't going to run over everything and you have to be aware of the map modifiers, specifically I have run into trouble against; Chance to Reflect Elemental (obv), poison, high crit strike enemies, and it's generally quite vulnerable any time you are not smashing the faces of enemies. Looting is probably the most dangerous thing you can do on this build, I mostly wait until I full clear the map to even attempt to pick up loot.

Here's something i've been working on in the meantime.
This update for the build should be next to unkillable. I've tested it in late Affliction league without Cloak of Flame. Here's video.

https://youtu.be/hLQ_v8Cmd7M

With Cloak of Flame phys max hit damage taken from the char in the video is doubled.

PoB: https://pobb.in/3GxK9ah8Ddqy

Defensive layers:

100% spell suppression

Fortify

Arctic Armour

Triple elemental flasks (Ruby, Sapphire, Topaz)

85% Physical damage from hits taken as Elemental (40% phys DoT taken as ele)

Bloodnotch

Defiance of Destiny (combo of BN and DoD makes you unkillable in T16 100% deli map afk, i have video proof)

Curse Immunity while having above 25 Rage (pretty much always except on Temp Chains map mod, then you have to wait for Rage to build up)

Elemental Ailment Immunity for Molten Strike

CB and Bleed immunity via flask suffix

Elusive

Auto Steelskin

Berserk

Full reflect immunity

10% reduced damage taken while leeching (Slayer ascendancy)

Slayer overleech (buffers DoT's very well)

Super high Life gain on Hit

Blind & Maim immune
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 20, 2024, 5:07:44 AM
After lots of playing and min/maxing this build of yours I have finally found it a proper setup strictly for juiced cemetery/sanctuary t17 farming. It is still perfectly well with bossing as well.

I have managed to get it to, 100% avoid ailments + Stun + Spell suppress + 80% evasion with 24% Block. It has become an undisputed tank, even without the HH stacks, HH just adds a hole other level to this for farming maps and T17s get real nutty. I didn't notice a huge difference without the elemental damage reduction as I am stacking resistances the other way with +2 max on chest and +2 light on helm paired with all the flasks. My lethal pride is a decent roll with 2X double damage and 2X fire resist with a crit multi and a life % node. Im still working on getting my crit multi up to 650% but the claw crafts got spendy for t1s so in due time ill get it there. The third mod watchers eye including 15% suppression for skills while running grace is huge, it allowed some fun with the passive tree.

All in all, I will forever love this build and your foundation layed out for me to play with and appreciate your post. I've noticed some comments in regards to squishy t17s and farming and I just wanted to say that if you guys want this build to excel in that area you may consider something like this to help with defensive layers.

https://poe.ninja/pob/1CWE

the pob is fresh so the gems are wonky but yeah. Let me know if you guys see anything strange but I think I've got it dialed in.

/ just seen tors post above, funny how we both tried to find defensive layers haha - will be checking out your variation. Let me know what you think of mine tho I am curious on anyones input
All things Melee~
Last edited by Devil320 on Apr 20, 2024, 1:03:27 PM
"
"
Ad1s wrote:
Can someone explain this math for me? 19 = 17? dafuq?

"Formula for damage calculation that you will use to check your char
(ball base number x 0.6) + (ball base number + Sniper's mark)

(9x0.6) + (9+3) = 19.4 = 17 balls"

ahahahhaa sorry my bad

Guide is extensive so few mistakes slipped.
This is the right calculation

Formula for damage calculation that you will use to check your char
(ball base number x 0.6) + (ball base number + Sniper's mark with 16% increased mark effect from Tattoos)

(9x0.6) + (9+2) = 16.4 = 16 balls

haha no problem! your guide is awesome! keep it up! :) so the first part 9x0.6 comes from the returning projectiles right?
Last edited by Ad1s on Apr 20, 2024, 6:40:31 PM
Hey, quick note -

Your crafting steps (ofc I only noticed AFTER I finished my craft) are not what your chest in the items section shows.

IDK if you meant to have a different chest or if you changed something about your chest and forgot to update the guide. Yours has evasion on it instead of % incr mana, which I don't know how I could have gotten as I am a casual and not great at crafting, which is why I followed your guide as written. I keep trying to understand craftofexile, but still fail at it.

EDIT "for as much resistances as possible." in guide, which is why I stopped at three t1 ele, instead of fishing for two t1 and a t1 chaos res :(

Reddit Guy is saying what I should have made instead, but I'm okay with it for now, just pointing out that the crafting guide is not what it should say to get what you have as your actual chest.
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Apr 20, 2024, 4:28:45 PM
"
The gem only negates reflect from molten strike, whirling blades is not negated and also if you are very low mana a default attack will kill you.

This explains why I fell over in an ele reflect map. WB'd my way into a pack of mobs and encountered The Blappening lol
"
Laeortia wrote:
Hey, quick note -

Your crafting steps (ofc I only noticed AFTER I finished my craft) are not what your chest in the items section shows. IDK if you meant to have a different chest or if you changed something about your chest and forgot to update the guide. Yours has evasion instead of % incr mana

I'm happy with what I have, but now I'm not sure if I messed up what was intended here.

Note: I am a casual and not great at crafting, which is why I followed your guide as written. I keep trying to understand craftofexile, but still fail at it.

No no your chest is fantastic. GJ on crafting!

If you want to experiment, check out my update on the build few posts above.

Keep rockin'
"
Devil320 wrote:
After lots of playing and min/maxing this build of yours I have finally found it a proper setup strictly for juiced cemetery/sanctuary t17 farming. It is still perfectly well with bossing as well.

I have managed to get it to, 100% avoid ailments + Stun + Spell suppress + 80% evasion with 24% Block. It has become an undisputed tank, even without the HH stacks, HH just adds a hole other level to this for farming maps and T17s get real nutty. I didn't notice a huge difference without the elemental damage reduction as I am stacking resistances the other way with +2 max on chest and +2 light on helm paired with all the flasks. My lethal pride is a decent roll with 2X double damage and 2X fire resist with a crit multi and a life % node. Im still working on getting my crit multi up to 650% but the claw crafts got spendy for t1s so in due time ill get it there. The third mod watchers eye including 15% suppression for skills while running grace is huge, it allowed some fun with the passive tree.

All in all, I will forever love this build and your foundation layed out for me to play with and appreciate your post. I've noticed some comments in regards to squishy t17s and farming and I just wanted to say that if you guys want this build to excel in that area you may consider something like this to help with defensive layers.

https://poe.ninja/pob/1CWE

the pob is fresh so the gems are wonky but yeah. Let me know if you guys see anything strange but I think I've got it dialed in.

/ just seen tors post above, funny how we both tried to find defensive layers haha - will be checking out your variation. Let me know what you think of mine tho I am curious on anyones input

I can't see everything what you have done, your skills section in PoB is all messed up.

If you want to experiment more, try my updated version. It's tanky af.
"
"
Laeortia wrote:
Hey, quick note -

Your crafting steps (ofc I only noticed AFTER I finished my craft) are not what your chest in the items section shows. IDK if you meant to have a different chest or if you changed something about your chest and forgot to update the guide. Yours has evasion instead of % incr mana

I'm happy with what I have, but now I'm not sure if I messed up what was intended here.

Note: I am a casual and not great at crafting, which is why I followed your guide as written. I keep trying to understand craftofexile, but still fail at it.

No no your chest is fantastic. GJ on crafting!

If you want to experiment, check out my update on the build few posts above.

Keep rockin'

I'm stoked about it! I shrieked and laughed and tried to explain to husband, who does not play, what I just did with the fossil craft, but he has zero understanding of it so said "I'm happy for you! I don't understand! But good for you!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info