Transfigured gems in SSF

i agree with op.

i think theres very few areas where its ok to have an items availability be hard gated by trade, and most items in this game, i believe, are fine for ssf. its ok to have some super exclusive uniques from uber pin bosses that are crazy rare in order to maintain their market value.

a skill gem should be at the complete other end of that scale. im ok with the idea of running normal lab 1-4 times to get the gem i want. once you go beyond running it 4 times thats just a farce imo, right now its kind of insane. i think a skill gem is such a core function of playing the game, thats the last thing you want to be gated behind trading or unreasonable grinds.

according to the devs most people dont trade, i think its wrong to just look at ssf mode as a niche option and say the minority who tick that box have brought it on themselves. i think most of the people who are in the trade league also dont rly trade, the devs have told us that, the game should function playing self found and most game balance should be in favour of self found.

players who trade open up a whole other metagame for themselves, by entering this often competitive community activity this new vector of having better gear than other players gives traders their own little game within the game they can play. if other forms of game balance go to shit for them they still have the trading game to play. self found players need the game itself to function for them and feel balanced because thats all they have, i think you should always balance the vast majority of the game for self found.
The whole "you chose ssf" argument is dumb. Last Epoch does it great by giving SSF increased drop rate, at the cost of never being able to trade the item or use the item if you can trade. That should of been how it is on POE but its not.

Its never too late to reconsider.
Last edited by Ayxera on Mar 19, 2024, 1:49:11 AM
I mean just ignore the "but you play ssf" people, This is classic internet subpar logic. You see this everywhere and it's not even an argument.

A: I suggest these changes
B: Your suggestions are stupid because the game does not have those changes in it
A: That's why I suggest them
B: You are playing it without your suggestions so you can't suggest them

Alt quality gems is great game design. The way you get them is terrible game design. Having to farm for the skill you want to play in a game like this is just awful. I think plenty of those gems look fun as hell but I'm not spending potentially days, farming for the skill I want to play.

SSF is the only mode I play and SSF should gate a lot of things, there is an undeniable charm to having a self made character who isn't wearing things other people found, but the skills themselves? That's not the way to go.
"
raVyoli wrote:
I dont usually complain or give negative feedback but farming transfigured gems in SSF is probably the most boring thing i have ever experienced.
The most important part of any build shouldnt be locked behind some boring RNG grind.
I dont want to run more labs.
Low level lab is not only boring but Izaro's animations are also so slow, it take me 3 1/2 minutes to run 1 lab and half the time is loading screens and waiting for izaro to finish whatever he is doing.

Im extremely frustrated with this new mechanic, i really hope this get changed for next league because i dont want this to be the norm to spend multiple days a league spamming normal labs just to get a couple of gems to play.
Give us a guaranteed gem in uber lab or add them to the library quest or something... PLEASE

i feel the same way

all the no lifers dont care and all the trade shills just like to talk shit
its not fun having skill gems locked behind boring unrewarding content at least make labs more rewarding if im going to have to run hundreds of them, i dont mind grinding but make it worth my time
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
raVyoli wrote:
I dont usually complain or give negative feedback but farming transfigured gems in SSF is probably the most boring thing i have ever experienced.
The most important part of any build shouldnt be locked behind some boring RNG grind.
I dont want to run more labs.
Low level lab is not only boring but Izaro's animations are also so slow, it take me 3 1/2 minutes to run 1 lab and half the time is loading screens and waiting for izaro to finish whatever he is doing.

Im extremely frustrated with this new mechanic, i really hope this get changed for next league because i dont want this to be the norm to spend multiple days a league spamming normal labs just to get a couple of gems to play.
Give us a guaranteed gem in uber lab or add them to the library quest or something... PLEASE

this is easy to fix, ggg just needs to up how often the transmute a gem to it's transmuted versions craft comes up.
Unfortunately nothing has been done in this regard, it even got worse; with the addition of more transfigured gems the pool got more diluted.
bump because still relevant
At least in the last two labs there is sometimes the option to change a normal gem directly into its transfigured version. So this reduces the number of lab runs you have to attempst (don't forget to always have the "normal" version of your gem in your stash).

Nevertheless I agree that it is too difficult in SSF. I already got 3 gems in SSF that I wanted, but only in standard by using another character for lab farming.
When will they finally turn off these stupid annoying Goblin sounds?
I got the two transfigured gems that I wanted in less than 10 labs runs, took 2 hours or so in SSF.

I did it in the 3rd lab iteration as I was preparing to go from campaign to maps before Kitava and replaced the time I would have normally spent in Foothills, leveling and gearing up in preparation for maps.

It’s really no bigger time sink in SSF than any other farming that may be necessary for a build.

SSF is for those of us that like the extra grind and it feels great when one finds that piece or craft that has been worked for. It is not an instant gratification mode like trade.
Playing SSF with build in mind was always bad idea. It's game mod in which you usually don't get what you want. Deal with it or play trade.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info