Transfigured gems in SSF

"
Heidern2880 wrote:

Transfigured gems are not loot, they dont drop.

Loot doesn't have to drop to be loot. You have to interact with a font (pretend its a curio case) to get them. Aka loot them

So yea they are loot.

"
Heidern2880 wrote:

There is no fucking point making gems nearly unavailable eary or mid game.

Previous leagues did the same exact thing with heist. They arent unavailable early or mid game if you play trade.

You know... the way the developers intend players to play the game?

Hardcore/Ruthless and ...

ding ding ding!!! SSF are not.

"
Heidern2880 wrote:

So many things u got wrong.

You listed one thing I said, and think loot just means thing's that drop on the ground. Which is wrong.

So much for "so many things".

Unrelated to responding to you.

I think this thread is also hilarious given how many people think that transfigured gems are "useless"
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
[/quote]

You listed one thing I said, and think loot just means thing's that drop on the ground. Which is wrong.

So much for "so many things".

Unrelated to responding to you.

I think this thread is also hilarious given how many people think that transfigured gems are "useless"
[/quote]

Ok dude, you better dont misinterprete stuff. Noone said they are uesless. The way to get them is useless.
If evertyhing is loot, well then make rewards and gems at vendors random too.
Then i guess its also SSF fault right?
"
Heidern2880 wrote:

Ok dude, you better dont misinterprete stuff. Noone said they are uesless. The way to get them is useless.

Again wasn't really responding to you or anyone here. Just the ... Oh I dont know 10+ threads at week 1 saying how bad and useless all the trans gems were.

"
Heidern2880 wrote:

If evertyhing is loot, well then make rewards and gems at vendors random too.
Then i guess its also SSF fault right?

No, never said everything is loot. For your example though,

I have to pay vendors for specific gear they always have at the same price at every point in the game. For Lily, I always get molten shell for 1 scroll of wisdom, or any other gem I want as they never change, nor does their price change. I can have her in my hideout next to my chest. So that is not loot.

The font though, will have randomized non-specific pieces of "____" that I first have to access a specialized area with an offering and beat a boss. I can then select my piece of "____" from the selection screen.

Choosing SSF is at fault if you expect rewards or "____" to be given specifically designed to be random pieces of "____".

Play trade if you want specific pieces of "____".
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
OP is not wrong, this is a badly designed system from GG. I'm so tired of running Lab and not getting what I'm looking for. For those that continue to defend it, if it's so awesome why don't we put ALL gems in the Lab? After all, trade fixes everything anyway so why even have skill gem vendors when we can just delegate the task to Izaro?

Certain people seem to conveniently forget that at the time of releasing the Transfigured gems, that GG also gutted a bunch of the regular gems too. Transfigured gems aren't just "more power", they are fundamentally different in how they perform and are virtually a new gem. Gating them behind a poor mechanism then adding randomness on top of that is simply bad design and totally unnecessary. Why not have one of the three options be a guaranteed version of the gem you put in every time?

Also, SSF is not Ruthless. I like SSF because it encourages you to play the game, not just buy your super powers like they don't matter. Ruthless is for the real masochists and already has history regarding gems being super difficult to obtain. Making the Transfigured gems more accessible isn't going to ruin anyone's day so I don't understand why some people are so set against it other than they delight in other people's misery.
another 5 hours of farming.. still dont have the gem, saw some other gems 4-5 times already though

pls change this next league
"
raVyoli wrote:
another 5 hours of farming.. still dont have the gem, saw some other gems 4-5 times already though

pls change this next league

Sure, sure, but please note that the game is not balanced around SSF and even if it was the old system with alternative quality gems in Heist you'd have to farm for a long time to find your specific gem.

Talking as someone who played a lot of SSF. You're not entitled to your drops
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
and even if it was the old system with alternative quality gems in Heist you'd have to farm for a long time to find your specific gem.
"This other thing that was removed is also bad in the same way" is entirely consistent with the idea that the current system should change.
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
and even if it was the old system with alternative quality gems in Heist you'd have to farm for a long time to find your specific gem.
"This other thing that was removed is also bad in the same way" is entirely consistent with the idea that the current system should change.

The underlying premise is that you want guarantees in SSF. You'll never have those. If you want guarantees, go play trade. It's already way more accessible than finding the correct kinda Grand Heist then the correct kinda gem and/or the corresponding Lense currency item and then hitting the correct alt quality

We'll see what they have planned for the next season, I'm 99% sure they won't leave lab as is anyway. I just reject the premise of balancing around SSF
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 12, 2024, 4:17:45 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

The underlying premise is that you want guarantees in SSF. You'll never have those.
Uh, this is just false. I can guarantee that my Templar will gain access to Ice Crash upon defeating Gravicius in Act 3 (or upon visiting my hideout in Act 1 if it's a second character). I can guarantee that I will be able to get a keystone granting "30% of damage taken from mana before life" if I want it. Etc.

The sky hasn't fallen. Guarantees haven't ruined the game, and they're not something I should be ashamed for wanting. The game sells itself on its incredible passive tree - that's a gigantic set of guarantees. Guarantees are what allows planning, and planning is, for me, part of the core appeal of this genre.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I just reject the premise of balancing around SSF
But you don't "just" do that. Not least because I'm not proposing "balancing around SSF". I'm proposing making an adjustment to this specific mechanic.

It's like when someone suggests, say, gender options, and fairly reliably, some gamer will wander in and respond "we don't want to turn the game into Diablo, go play that". They're not proposing turning the game into Diablo, they're proposing making that particular change to the current state of Path of Exile. This rhetorical technique of inflating the thing being said into something larger you can safely act dismissive of is childish.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Jan 12, 2024, 4:39:09 PM
My SSF Philosophy would be just play a solid starter and then go from there depending on what i find. Beggars can't be choosers.
Another option would be to build a lab runner that can respec into the desired trans gem and farm uber lab. Hard work yes, but farming one weekend for a desired item shoudn't be to much to ask in SSF compared to almost everything else in the game.
Otherwise don't play SSF. Play the fisher price league if you want the easy way like most players do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info