0.10.7 Patch Notes

So is "increased pick-up range" next?

I don't get this new light affix. It's unneeded, unwanted, and not a solution for the light reduction of low-life builds.
nvm
ign thisiseplaner

Last edited by eplaner on Apr 18, 2013, 1:39:58 PM
"
Wavestrike wrote:
Thanks for this patch. Thanks a LOT for waiting until people hit 80+ in hardcore to nerf their entire multistrike builds, GGG. You finally made melee/physical damage SOMEWHAT viable, and now it's not even worth using the new gems. Why the fuck isn't freezing pulse hitting the same target 5x with GMP nerfed yet, or rain of arrows with point blank? Fix things that need fixed, or leave them be. If anything multistrike made new options, but now it's pointless because of the massive 40% damage loss, so enemy armor is more effective against it..

Now my level 82 hardcore duelist is completely fucking useless. Won't even be able to sustain living because of doing less damage = less life leech. Bad enough that end-game progression is absurdly based on RNG. And that physical builds completely suck compared to elemental.

I was about to buy the demon king horns too, glad I didn't. Why would I feed a company that does this to it's players any more money? Glad to see you're taking the route of D3 and giving in to complainers about unique drop chance and chance to unique %. What next? Making bosses easier? Give me a break.

You're killing this game. You guys have been a great company up until recently. It's a shame; this game really had potential.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've read on this forum. Go back to whatever Blizzard game you were playing - you are a detriment to this community and Chris Wilson must have the patience of a saint for giving a reasoned reply to this terrible post.

Multistrike was not affecting LS projectiles - almost the whole community viewed this as a bug and not normal behaviour. The fact is that you made a build around a bugged combination of skills and are now angry about it, even though it's your fault. The difference with GGG is that they respond quickly to things like this, instead of letting them drag on for weeks or months. Why would you not give money to a developer like this? Because you're acting like a little child.

It's been several months since release and we've seen almost no changes to monster difficulty - something rare in popular ARPGs these days - and for that I commend GGG.
"
Chris wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Saw ebony weapon effect on youtube and came to see if patch notes were up, and they are! :D

All in all lovely changes. Curious as to what "summon elemental resist" is, haha.

It increases the elemental resistances of your minions. Maybe it should have been called "Minion" Elemental Resist. Hmm.

It should definitely be called Minion Elemental Resistance. All of the gems with Summon in the name are skill gems, all the support gems have Minion in the name. Just for consistency purposes, and it makes more sense.
IGN: Cimos_Baller
I love "increased unique drops" and hate the chance to craft uniques becoming more difficult.

This is a bummer since I gave GGG tons of praise making the unatainable ubtainable by players that sleep, work, do other things other than POE. I put 200 hours into d3 and have ok gear, I have 0 chance of getting an item that is now 200,000,000,000 gold.

However with POE I have almost no chance of ever getting kaom's plate dropped BUT i do have a chance to spend the 60 chance orbs i have been saving for the last few months to get kaom's plate by crafting 200 times or so. What will the rate be now, 300,500, 20000?

That is going to make me not want to play POE anymore which is a bummer.

The problem with making uniques even more rare is the blackmarket exists for these items which also defeats many game design goals of GGG.

Uniques should be less rare (the drop change) and chances should be more fun. RARES should be rare with the many mods they can have, therefore the 20+ exalt items. Uniques shouldn't be "unfindable" or "non-existent" but "unique" that "stick out" which make them valuable. I agree that many of us get turned off if the equipment becomes impossible to obtain. This game is gear dependent for some builds like my rightous fire build.

Better trading methods mentioned on various news sites with interviews to GGG should help reduce ineffective trading methods and blackmarket trading. Search in the forums is difficult to use for trading along with the chat in game, I don't have their article but their new ideas are great for increasing the amount of trade which would lower inflated prices of junk.

Simply increasing the amount of orbs drops will cause inflation. The only way to deflate prices is to make uniques craftable and findable from drops. Hopefully we are all over reacting and this is a net-gain for the playerbase.

The concerns users have with op items like kaom's are going to go away over time, they have 200 more uniques to release over the course of a year!

Act4 will ease crafting woes since gear that is map dependent would no longer be so. However crafting the uniques will be a waste of time unless you use the black market WHICH is not the vision we should be encouraging.

Last edited by jerger on Apr 18, 2013, 1:45:22 PM
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Added new Item Mods - "of the Worthy" and "of the Apt": Reduced attribute requirements to equip an item.[/li]
[li]Added new Item Mods - "of Shining", "of Light" and "of Radiance": Increased accuracy and light radius.[/li]

Played since CB and never felt the need to complain til now.

Crafting even more expensive and frustrating. Drops all just got worse.

Would love to see some explanation for this from the devs. Do they consider gearing up to be too easy? Stop watching streamers that walk around in 80 exalts plus worth of gear.
Last edited by kymera6 on Apr 18, 2013, 1:51:40 PM
And when will be the Aura sh** will be fixed?

Or does this rly works as intended? Was it the plan, that you can cast Auras over Blood with a unique that grant you BM, than take off the Item and the Auras still work?

Why does this work when you already dont have the item that grants this bonus on you char?

Sad things:

- Gettin Kaoms (or other Uniques that other players chanced like crazy) will be a rly hard thing to do. The price for this items will raise up like crazy.

- Enemys charging at you from off screen will never be fixed?

- Crafting will ever be gamling?

- Crabby skill will not be improved but other skill get implemented.

Good things:

- working on the TCP thing for better connection
"Skills bound to the middle and right mouse buttons can now be bound to a key instead.
The middle mouse button, right mouse button and two additional buttons (mouse4/5) can now be bound to various functions like skills, flasks, item highlighting or opening the inventory.
More keys are now available to be bound: insert, home, end, delete and the arrow keys. Keybindings for international keys are still being developed.
We have standardised the TCP port that the game uses for instance server connections to one that is less likely to be affected by packet shaping. This may improve network performance with some ISPs."

<3 Thank you so much for the skill binding ! My mouse's middle mouse button doesn't work 100% of the time any more ;_;.
Obviously the server stability improvement is pretty huge aswell, amazing patch guys ! :)
"
Chris wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Saw ebony weapon effect on youtube and came to see if patch notes were up, and they are! :D

All in all lovely changes. Curious as to what "summon elemental resist" is, haha.

It increases the elemental resistances of your minions. Maybe it should have been called "Minion" Elemental Resist. Hmm.

Maybe it doesn't because minions are specifically minions whereas "summons" could apply to totems too?
I am loving the increased drop rate of uniques mod. Am also really loving that the Orb of Chance can now roll more uniques (even if they are more common uniques, that's still amazing because I've been stockpiling Orbs of Chance).

Might have to try some of the new button layouts.

In any case, love the new patch ideas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info