0.10.7 Patch Notes

"
An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

400+ chances on Glorious Plate - 0 Kaom's Heart
250+ chances on Gold Ring - 0 Andvarius
150+ chances on Sapphire Ring - 0 Dream Fragments

How much more "unlikely" does this need to be?

Chance orbs rendered effectively worthless.

Kaom's effectively doubled in price.

Yay!
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
I saw the first gem and thought they finally added in a big hitting summon. Guess not :(

However, the new flask mods are the best part of this patch imo.
HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
"
Chris wrote:
It increases the elemental resistances of your minions. Maybe it should have been called "Minion" Elemental Resist. Hmm.

I was really hoping the name meant it would work with totems.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
The increased Burning damage will be jsut as broken as kaoms heart...

Does GGG not know how OP burning stacking with elemental proliferation is? 1 shotting map bosses with firetrap..

NERF KAOMS would be the greatest balance patch the game ever saw.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
ShaeG wrote:

Does GGG not know how OP burning stacking with elemental proliferation is? 1 shotting map bosses with firetrap..

If you nerf Kaoms, you can start to nerf every ES build too, before you call it "balance".
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Apr 19, 2013, 12:22:00 PM
"
Aura89 wrote:
"
ShaeG wrote:

If you nerf Kaoms, you can start to nerf every ES build too, before you call it "balance".
Clueless people are so common, so sad.

If you don't think kaoms is OP you are dumb or in denial because you use one. It is takes a fragment of logic to see it's imbalance. Argue to make the game balanced and fair not to suit your own wants and needs.

ES Builds have Practically none to zero armor. They may have tons of ES but they take it like an Amsterdam whore.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
Filousov wrote:
"

Extreme exaggeration: give all the nice uniques for free (or very easy to achive) to everyone will kill the game very quickly.

Like that happened with D3. Everyone has the best uniques. Just some with worse stats. It all became just stat hunt and that's not right.
Constantly pouring new uniques + making the real good uniques very rare is much better solution.

I really disagree with these sentiments. If all the nice uniques were easy to achieve I'd actually be more interested in the game. Uniques that define builds and alter gameplay are like toys in a toybox. The more I have, the longer I can play. It's the depth and breadth in character and gear customization that supports multiple iterations of many distinct builds and drives my gameplay. If I run out of things to play with (i.e. if I have no gear to make new builds with or if I can't find specific build enabling gear) before getting bored with what I already have, then I'm much more likely to take a break from the game.

Great build defining uniques were quite common in d2 and it felt great to play that game. Getting a new item set that enabled the creation of a new build is what sustained my interest.

D3 failed to sustain my interest because they misdiagnosed the genre as an endless item hunt. It's not the "hunt" IMO, it's playing with the fun stuff that makes the game, and they really dropped the ball there. Items were not build defining or gameplay altering, and there was no compelling reason to make multiples of the same class.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
i love what u guys r doing with the music n sounds of the game, i will really like to se what these changes to art n sounds are, so i can enjoy it every patch, but only if it is possible, anyway nice woork im loving it patch to patch =D
"
ShaeG wrote:
"
Aura89 wrote:
"
ShaeG wrote:

Clueless people are so common, so sad.

If you don't think kaoms is OP you are dumb or in denial because you use one. It is takes a fragment of logic to see it's imbalance. Argue to make the game balanced and fair not to suit your own wants and needs.

ES Builds have Practically none to zero armor. They may have tons of ES but they take it like an Amsterdam whore.

Wait just a minute there. You're telling me a Unique, very hard to acquire item is one of the best in the game? NO WAY, ABSURD!
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
"
Chris wrote:
This should be deployed tomorrow - Friday, NZ time.

Version 0.10.7
Content:
  • Added a new Intelligence/Strength Support Gem - Summon Elemental Resistance. This is first offered to the Witch and Templar in Act Two of Normal difficulty, the Shadow and Marauder in Act Three of Normal difficulty and to Rangers and Duelists in Act One of Cruel difficulty.
  • Added a new Strenth/Intelligence Support Gem - Increased Burning Damage.
    [li]Added new Item Mods - "of the Worthy" and "of the Apt": Reduced attribute requirements to equip an item.
  • Added new Item Mods - "of Shining", "of Light" and "of Radiance": Increased accuracy and light radius.
  • The following Unique items now have custom 3D art: Atziri's Mirror, Matua Tupuna, Prism Guardian, Crest of Perandus, Rise of the Phoenix, Lioneye's Remorse, Rathpith Globe and Daresso's Courage.
  • The following alternate art Unique items that were given out as prizes for Race Season One now have custom 3D art: Facebreaker, Wanderlust, Goldrim, Atziri's Mirror and Demigod's Triumph.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.

yay cool things here and i think its awesome that unique items get also unique art that is just frikkin cool

"

skills bound to mouse can be bound to a key instead

a thousand times THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING for yes i know a small change but wicked cool man
Last edited by agbudar on Apr 18, 2013, 12:42:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info