Are Paid leagues still incoming?

answers!
My league I've been thinking of... kind of a self found/ninja league.

Hardcore
Parties OK
Players may not trade
Players may not drop items on the ground from their inventory
Vendor Recipes produce double the normal contents

To clarify what another person said in this thread:

the custom/private leagues will all, by definition, be more difficult than anything in Default. This is because all custom/private leagues are temporary, and upon conclusion feed back into Default. So it wouldn't be fair to have, say, a 100% IIR/IIQ custom league for X days, load the fuck up on loot, then as the league expires, introduce a heap of currency and high end items into the Default league's economy. It'd be a strange sort of pay to win, really.

I am sure private leagues are still coming. Default league's purpose as a 'dumping ground' has yet to be realised, but it will be.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
That doesn't make any sense.

If I pay money for a league, it should be permanent. Why would I be paying for a temporary thing only to lose all my shit?
Precisely.

Unless it's ungodly cheap, and allows for me to create a neat little off-season race for friends, I would not under any circumstance spend money on a temporary league that just ends up in Default.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
Yeah, I'm probably not going to be playing anymore if that's the case. Literally, my whole excitement came from the idea that I could create a League with rules that fit me and my IRL friends and co-workers (about 120 of us). If that's not possible, I personally am no longer interested.
Or just wait for somebody to make a private server of this game and you will have lots of fun with drops.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I was hoping permanent leagues with more "relaxed" aspects like no XP loss, better drop rates, and more importantly a more relaxed crafting ratio (all aspects: socketting, fusing, coloring).

Can we have a GGG confirmation that this will never happen? That will save me a TON of time having to check back on these forums etc. Let us know so I can just go give all my gear away, and delete the game.

What Charan said comes directly from the page on the web site so that seems like "GGG confirmation":

"
Completion

There are a few permanent long term leagues including the default “standard” and “hardcore” leagues. All other leagues have a duration value and a parent league. When the duration is over, all characters in that league become part of the parent league.

Whenever any league ends, its characters are all converted back to its parent league. This way, no one loses the character they were leveling (it just ends up in a less restricted economy/ladder than the one it was initially being played in).

Game Modes

Leagues are able to apply a different set of game rules to their players. For example, increased monster difficulty, world PvP, permadeath or various "Ironman" rules.

We have many plans for interesting game modifiers that leagues can apply, but one rule is clear – they must only make the game harder. Because characters transfer back to the parent league when a league ends, it is important that the character’s journey to its current status was equivalent or more difficult than gameplay in the parent league.

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues

Anyone who thinks “the customer is always right” never worked in tech support.
Last edited by megachirops on Apr 22, 2013, 7:08:40 PM
You're forgetting this part - important part underlined.

"
Paid Leagues
In addition, we plan to allow guilds or groups of players to pay for the creation of their own league with a choice of game rule modifiers. Only players invited by the people who paid for the league can create characters in these private leagues. This option helps cater towards any groups of players who want to play online together but don’t want their playgroup to have access to items traded from external players.

This implies that a paid league is permanent.
I don't believe any paid league will ever be permanent. From a business point of view it wouldn't make sense. My guess is that they will charge more for longer duration leagues, with a maximum measured in months (probably with the option to extend for another fee). They also have to assume that people/groups will eventually tire of the game and there needs to be a way to fold those characters back into hardcore or default when their time expires. SO as the earlier paragraph said:

"There are a few permanent long term leagues including the default “standard” and “hardcore” leagues. All other leagues have a duration value and a parent league. When the duration is over, all characters in that league become part of the parent league."
Anyone who thinks “the customer is always right” never worked in tech support.
Last edited by megachirops on Apr 23, 2013, 10:06:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info