Are Paid leagues still incoming?

there should be a probation for people that necro year old threads.
"
Kechop wrote:
there should be a probation for people that necro year old threads.
It's my thread...
"
I would go with something like:
- Beyond (boss spawn chance 90% less but beyond bosses deal 50% more damage)
- Perandus
- Nemesis
- Enemies fire 2 extra projectiles
- Enemies have increase attack and cast speed
- Players are immune to temp chains
- Map boss always drops a white copy of the current map up to T12
- +25% packsize
- Players are immune to reflect
- Enemies T1 to 12 deal 30% and in all acts deal extra damage
- Master areas have +20 level and Master mobs (like tora's) deal 100% increased damage
- Exalt droprate increased by 300% and mirror droprate by 1000%
- Player chaos resistance caps at -25
- Chances to link items increased by 50%

and various tweaks like adding an xp bonus to bad layout maps to balance them.

This sounds AWESOME! I miss Diablo 2 modding - was actually part of the Eastern Sun stuff. Good times.
New expansion - any news?
"
Larias wrote:
New expansion - any news?

GGG should just put you out of your misery and just tell you the hard truth that most of us already presume...

The realities of the cost of a private league has likely eclipsed the hopes of this becoming a reality early in their GGG days. It would easily be more than most people would consider reasonable, and even then would have to have a recurring monthly charge that is also quite high.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Community is divided enough between temp league and standard. Between hardcore and soft. Between SSF and non. Custom leagues might have sounded like a great idea back during CB when we all expected to be playing relatively isolated from the larger community but once temporary leagues proved themselves to be the 'optimal' way to experience the latest and greatest iteration of PoE, I'd say the custom league idea was dead in the water.

Add to that the fact that there's precisely zero guild functionality beyond shared storage and a private chat room and you can probably see just how far down the list of priorities this sort of fracturing really is.

And this is coming from someone who strongly, *strongly* supported custom league ideas back in Closed Beta. Hell, I had dozens of people lining up ready for me to run/host a roleplay/lore-driven league.

The PoE that was dreamed of custom leagues; the PoE that is has no time or room for them.

I cant understand why it can't Co- exist.

If anything SSF leagues proved to not really divide anyone.Whoever wanted that playstyle,one could join them.It's why standard league exist even if for me leagues makes it obsolete.

If anything, I see it as GGG's trump card when all other things onto monetisation will fail.A custom league but with certain rules could work since it would be an independed thing.
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Community is divided enough between temp league and standard. Between hardcore and soft. Between SSF and non. Custom leagues might have sounded like a great idea back during CB when we all expected to be playing relatively isolated from the larger community but once temporary leagues proved themselves to be the 'optimal' way to experience the latest and greatest iteration of PoE, I'd say the custom league idea was dead in the water.

Add to that the fact that there's precisely zero guild functionality beyond shared storage and a private chat room and you can probably see just how far down the list of priorities this sort of fracturing really is.

And this is coming from someone who strongly, *strongly* supported custom league ideas back in Closed Beta. Hell, I had dozens of people lining up ready for me to run/host a roleplay/lore-driven league.

The PoE that was dreamed of custom leagues; the PoE that is has no time or room for them.

I cant understand why it can't Co- exist.

If anything SSF leagues proved to not really divide anyone.Whoever wanted that playstyle,one could join them.It's why standard league exist even if for me leagues makes it obsolete.

If anything, I see it as GGG's trump card when all other things onto monetisation will fail.A custom league but with certain rules could work since it would be an independed thing.

This is my thought as well. A self-contained league for me and a bunch of my friends doesn't affect anyone else. Losing out on 30 or whatever people in a challenge league doesn't really affect anyone else and it's a good monetary benefit for GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info