Map Management Resource

Has anyone noticed that the Champions suffix seems to increase the overall horde size as well? Or have I been imagining things?
IGN: test_char_one
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
"
incinerate wrote:
First of all, let me thank you for your truly excellent map guide.

You should probably add that the spider forest boss also has a poison cloud and summons zombies on leap slam. The poison cloud has a nasty degen. My marauder has -36% Chaos resistance and 440 regen and my health was dropping rapidly.

Edit: I just played a Dunes map and it seems also that the blacksmith has summon zombies and the zombies have a poison cloud on death.

It's the same boss in both of those maps, just at different levels, obviously. The degen cloud from both comes from killing the minions. I've found kiting to be pretty much mandatory on him if he succeeds in getting even a single leap slam off, if you use any kind of aoe ability (the adds die ridiculously fast to any map capable character). Avoiding that can be harder than it sounds, because his repeated heavy strikes can knock you back to a range that he will leap to (it's closer than you would think).

Blacksmith is quite a piece of cake for CI, BTW. Poison cloud has no effect at all.
With boses like him, Weaver, etc, you start to value chaos immunity..

Yeah, I figured as much. CI should make a few of the more painful bosses (Blacksmith, Weaver, Bramblemist from the Wharf, etc.) ridiculously easy. That said, I have no personal experience with CI, as I am a poor and have yet to manage to put together the gear to run a decent CI setup.

"
Shabi wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the Champions suffix seems to increase the overall horde size as well? Or have I been imagining things?

I have noticed the opposite, most of the time. I've also had times where I've had a decent Champions roll (40+%) and still only had one or two small packs of them in an entire map.
Am I doing something wrong?

Highest map I have ever got is 72. One time I got about 5 of them, run them and then I have been just coming down and down in map lvls..

I just did my last 67+ map. Thats right, I only have 67 maps now. I even started alching my 67+ maps.

Running maps like this:

I did about 5 maps and only got 2x 68 maps wich both didnt drop any maps. Not even 66's.

Is it even possible to sustain 67+ map pool or does everyone drop to this without buying maps?
Last edited by Kullevi on Jan 22, 2014, 4:08:51 PM
"
Kullevi wrote:
Am I doing something wrong?

Highest map I have ever got is 72. One time I got about 5 of them, run them and then I have been just coming down and down in map lvls..

I just did my last 67+ map. Thats right, I only have 67 maps now. I even started alching my 67+ maps.

Running maps like this:

I did about 5 maps and only got 2x 68 maps wich both didnt drop any maps. Not even 66's.

Is it even possible to sustain 67+ map pool or does everyone drop to this without buying maps?
with all maps being huge size nowadays, I think a good strategy is to run highest maps you have. they are also more likely to drop maps within a certain rage.

magic monsters or pack size is great affixes to enhance both exp and map drops. double boss also good for drops, this time with item drops. problem is with 72 maps as cheap as 2 chaos nowadays you pretty much alch them and go.
Anyone know what Academy boss is?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"

The guy from the library. He casts physical spells, so if you are EV, you're gonna have a bad time. Also multicurses
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"

The guy from the library. He casts physical spells, so if you are EV, you're gonna have a bad time. Also multicurses

Ouch. I remember him not being so bad; I guess his damage is ramped up in a 76 map... :/
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
"
morbo wrote:
"

Ouch. I remember him not being so bad; I guess his damage is ramped up in a 76 map... :/

He makes far more tornadoes.
animals = bad prefix due to goat men and huge devouers. packs are sparse in general.
ign TheBlackMambaTemplar
Bump for justice!!

This info is pretty epic
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info