Map Management Resource

"
Flapdrol wrote:
It depends more on whether you can run all mods. If so, just alch everything. If there are common mods that you have problems with (reflect, chaos damage), use blues. If you only have problems with some rare modes (blood magic, no-regen) use yellows.
If you do roll a map with impossible mods, save it until you have three and vendor, or try to trade it for a white map.

Moneywise, you should get enough additional stuff from the average yellow map as compared to the average blue map to cover the cost difference between an alch and some blues.

I agree.

3 alchs are 1 chaos on standard last time i played. 15 alt orbs are 1 chaos as well.
So 5 alt orbs are equal to 1 alch. Therefore wether you should use an alch orb or a trans orb depends on what mods you can do just like Flapdrol explains.

"
Raph55 wrote:
Did you try Olmec's Sanctum (74 Maze Map)?

Bring a ton of elemental resist (all flasks) and especially chaos resist. First big thing you will encounter is not the boss, neither is the second, third or fourth, so try to save up your portals.. :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 17, 2014, 6:35:40 PM
Should I reroll this?

IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Finished 71s. Will work on 73s soon.
What about 72s?
I finished them last week. Apparently I forgot about 71s so I updated them.
Alright. Thanks. You have done a great job for the community here.
Thanks for maintaining this thread. Really helped maintain my map/currency pool. Used to chisel my 66 maps cos I didn't know better.

Haven't done many 68+ maps, though I guess I'm currently content to mindlessly burn through my low level maps

Personally I find Arsenal easier to navigate than Arcade. Clean cut open areas, corridors, rooms and not much clutter. Arcade.. Pillars, hidden corners, debris strewn all over the place.. Real pain to navigate finding the last 10-20 mobs. Though it seems there's better mob density in Arcade. Even so, if only for the annoying-to-run factor, I choose to vendor my Arcades or at least leave them as my last resort.
Recently (last couple weekends) started getting back into the SC mapping game. The affix pool is harder now. I mean, I'll still do phys ref + vuln + shocking maps with extra damage, but all told it's harder. And that's before considering the voidbearer change.

=\
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
A few comments on different maps:

Dunes: this hasn't been updated but the boss now spawns zombie wherever he used leap slam. These zombie have little life but spread a cloud of poison upon dying. Non CI players should be cautious when dealing with the zombies especially in "cursed with vulnerability" maps. It's often better to stay in melee range and be ready to use granite flasks, this will prevent the boss from using leap slam.

Spider Forest: same here, obviously stronger.

Waste Pool: alchemists seem to be the signature monsters in this map therefore non CI players should be wary as they can deal a lot of damage when there are the affixes gmp and/or vulnerability

Labyrinthe: when you first engage the boss he "only" has around 75% hp. You should focus him and ignore the champion pack (you may not even aggro it) and the devourers that spawn. If you have enough dps there shouldn't be more than 2-3 of these. Both devourers and champions will die upon defeating the boss (champions won't drop any items if killed this way).

Dark Forest: signature monsters... Devourers, enough said, be wary of champions/rares.

Residence: the boss is Dominus with his chilling totems, his lightning beam (Topaz highly recommended) and lighning punch. He also summons miscreation that explode on you dealing high fire damage. As for the lvl68 Dominus players should stand clear from the boss when he teleports, he often uses his punch just after.

Academy: the boss is a copy of the unique in the Library. He cast tornadoes that deal huge physical (and cold? need confirmation here) as such granite flasks are a must. He also throws books in front of him that deal tremendous damage (physical again), this ability benefits from lmp/gmp making it deadly. Players with spell block will have an easier time here.

Courtyard: Avian Retcher are signature monsters, be careful if you have the lmp/gmp affix, I've seen an entire party wiped out in the first 30s by some of those.
The boss is the trio of Blackguard at the beginning of the Dominus fight. Just kite them, if you can't kite then you should have high (spell)block. Unless you have really nasty affixes they are quite managable.

Palace: Dominus itself, as in the sceptre of God, just stronger. Only do the boss if there aren't any damage modifiers or unless you're very confident. The Twinned affix is obviously not recommended, you may however manage to pull one boss at a time (you may also pull the second one when dealing with the first one in its true form, lots of fun!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info