Map Management Resource

"
Kemikalkadet wrote:
RE: the Orchard boss. He seems to always hit when he resurfaces after a submerge, it's his lowest damaging attack but being hit by that followed by a fireball will kill most people just starting maps. Also he has two fireball attacks: 1 slow moving large ball, and 3 fast moving ones which deal slightly less damage but are harder to miss.

It's possible to stand at un-augmented spectral throw range and dodge every projectile by circling round him, you'll still get hit by his resurfacing attack though.

Interestingly enough, I did not get hit by the resurfacing attack at all due to my Acrobatics/Evasion combination and constant movement. The projectiles however, cannot miss - or at least the slow one can not.

Unfortunately, the hit check occurs when he unburrows and as such, should you have not moved at that time, you will get hit which is why many report getting hit by it.

N.B: For obvious reasons, please avoid Temporal Chains, Fleet, Deadly and Overlord's on this map.
Last edited by Lyralei on Oct 30, 2013, 12:39:25 PM
"
Lyralei wrote:
Unfortunately, the hit check occurs when he unburrows and as such, should you have not moved at that time, you will get hit which is why many report getting hit by it.

The hit check for devourers always occurs no matter how far away you are when they submerge and then re-emerge. This means they always hit you with their first post-emerging melee attack, subject to avoidance, of course. It does NOT occur on the first emerging, only on subsequent emerges. This is what my experience with devourers suggests.
"
torturo wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
I just ran 6 level 69 maps in a row with no map drops other than a single 66. I came here to complain.
You are not alone. People suspect current low map drops are related with decreased mob IIQ, which somehow affects maps.

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCOsXJq6c at around 3min in time chris talks about sustaining mappools

also i started a thread here about this new problem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/568236
Last edited by AluCarD1911 on Oct 31, 2013, 10:33:52 PM
best thread in this forum
IGN: againtrap
great information, thank you very much!
IGN: Farmerino
Villa boss is caliga + fire and bear traps.

FUCK. THAT. SHIT.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
great resource ! I was able to land in a few lvl 75 maps now by being solo.
"
AluCarD1911 wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"
BRavich wrote:
I just ran 6 level 69 maps in a row with no map drops other than a single 66. I came here to complain.
You are not alone. People suspect current low map drops are related with decreased mob IIQ, which somehow affects maps.

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCOsXJq6c at around 3min in time chris talks about sustaining mappools

also i started a thread here about this new problem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/568236

Today I ran 10x 73-75 maps with a buddy that were well chiseled and chaosed appropriately. Out of these maps, we received 1x 74 map and 1x 68 map, ONLY. That's it. During open beta, we would at least receive 1-2 maps per well rolled map. Now we don't even get shitty low level maps. The overall drop rate has noticeably decreased.
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
It seems like the layout of Arsenal has been changed a bit, regular sized one is mostly a giant courtyard surrounded by buildings now so your not constantly ducking and diving through corridors.

I'm having a much easier time on it with my summoner now.

*edit*

what are low level maps worth these days btw? I saw a few pages back what 70+ maps are worth, and I've been using a fair few alts/augs etc on 66-68 maps when it looks like I probably should just trans+run instead.
Last edited by Asmosis on Nov 3, 2013, 8:39:52 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
It seems like the layout of Arsenal has been changed a bit, regular sized one is mostly a giant courtyard surrounded by buildings now so your not constantly ducking and diving through corridors.

I'm having a much easier time on it with my summoner now.

*edit*

what are low level maps worth these days btw? I saw a few pages back what 70+ maps are worth, and I've been using a fair few alts/augs etc on 66-68 maps when it looks like I probably should just trans+run instead.

For the 66-68 maps it really depends on the maps you get/run and what currency you have. For example, if you have a white Vaal Pyramid map, you should at the bare minimum Transmute -> Alt/Aug until you get 'Maze' because it's just that good for that map. Pack size is a bonus for sure, but Maze is pretty much what you want on that map. For something else like say...Mountain Ledge or Wharf, at the very least try to get a 'Pack Size Increase' mod on those. Most others you can just Transmute -> Run, but of course be mindful of what you get, especially if you try Orchard, or perhaps have trouble with either physical/elemental reflect. Then consider burning a few Alts/Augs to get something more manageable and not as likely to kill you and you lose exp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info