Current Map drop is a Joke

so just did 15 71 maps. you know what i got? 2x 72 rest nothing. seriously? this is a joke!

every map got rolled with nice mods and high IIQ so whats the matter? GGG did you change something about map drops? for what do i spend currency on maps when i dont even get anything? before 1.0.0 patch i got so much maps that i could not even do them all now i barely get 1 or 2 maps in 5-8 map runs. so tell me how to sustain your mappool now if you dont drop anything?

yesterday i did around 20 maps all with maze suffix and high IIQ and all i got was 5 low level maps and 3 maps with maplevel +1. are you kidding me? i spend much currency on these maps and all i got back is 3 maps in the same levelarea? wtf

so please GGG what ever you did to mapping system make it as it was before 1.0.0! i dont want to spend my time on grinding lv66-68 areas i want to do maps. im sure everyone is experiencing this because i got many friends who did maps with me before and complain aswell about the low map drops.
Last edited by AluCarD1911 on Oct 31, 2013, 7:34:15 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Small Sample Size

May still just be RNG, you may have just gotten unlucky.

I dno't remember them making any changes making maps drop less, although now its IIR instead of IIQ which may change things slightly
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
Small Sample Size

May still just be RNG, you may have just gotten unlucky.

I dno't remember them making any changes making maps drop less, although now its IIR instead of IIQ which may change things slightly

i dont think that i got unlucky because my friends experiencing it too plus there is a suspect on this in the map management resource:

"

I just ran 6 level 69 maps in a row with no map drops other than a single 66. I came here to complain.

You are not alone. People suspect current low map drops are related with decreased mob IIQ, which somehow affects maps.

that cant be unlucky if other ppl experiencing it aswell. im not alone
Last edited by AluCarD1911 on Oct 31, 2013, 7:48:45 PM
IIQ has no effect on map drops.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

i know that IIR and IIQ on equip dont affect map drops. but i meant the IIQ on the map itself. how can it be possible that i do 15-20 maps with 80-100 IIQ on it + 20%Quality and get only 2-3 maps back? if i have to do 20 maps for 2-3 maps in the same levelarea i will run out of maps soon and everyone else too. so what to do then ? grinding lvl66 lunaris with lv 87? lol nice. i thought mapping should be endgame so how to go there if maps are not dropping anymore ? as told i got plenty of maps before 1.0.0 now i get barely 2 maps in 6-10 runs thats a joke. they changed the overall IIQ to avoid exessive white drops but somehow it affects on maps aswell.
Last edited by AluCarD1911 on Oct 31, 2013, 8:27:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjCOsXJq6c

around the three minute mark is the response for maps...you won't like it.

"
AluCarD1911 wrote:
they changed the overall IIQ to avoid exessive white drops but somehow it affects on maps aswell.

Standard and HC have not had any changes to IIQ/IIR other than reducing the diminishing returns slightly.

The change to avoid excessive white items is only in Nemesis and Domination atm and that was to remove IIQ baring unique items and putting it all on IIR
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 31, 2013, 8:50:13 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
the map pool is designed that it is difficult to sustain

with that and the other things he said in my mind now i immediately stop spending any currency on maps because its pure wasted. if i spend 10 chaos + ex to reroll 10 maps in rolls of my favor and chiseling them and dont get a SINGLE HIGH MAP back because they want it so its just a pure waste of currency.

GGG should really think about it because the map system is the only thing that highlevel players get in this game. its meant for highlevel for endgame restricting it will just result in rage of players.

also in this video chris is always talking about 77 maps funny thing is you dont even get there if you dont get any map drops from 72-75 so whats the matter about talking on 77 maps ? you get NO choice with that system now to reach the 77 mappool ever. if you want that make lv77 maps dropping harder and let ppl get more 70-76 drops!

keep in mind what will happen when players run out of maps because they are not dropping? you think they go grinding lv66 lunaris then? never they will just quit because they are angry of this policy
Last edited by AluCarD1911 on Oct 31, 2013, 10:40:33 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Interesting. Did you notice that he talks explicitly about "the highest level maps" when he says that people should only be able to run them occasionally? In fact he emphasizes stuff like high level, level 77 and so on quiet often in his response. This is something I can agree with, however, it makes me wonder why there have to be people who are struggling to sustain level ~70 maps.
"
AluCarD1911 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

i know that IIR and IIQ on equip dont affect map drops. but i meant the IIQ on the map itself. how can it be possible that i do 15-20 maps with 80-100 IIQ on it + 20%Quality and get only 2-3 maps back? if i have to do 20 maps for 2-3 maps in the same levelarea i will run out of maps soon and everyone else too. so what to do then ? grinding lvl66 lunaris with lv 87? lol nice. i thought mapping should be endgame so how to go there if maps are not dropping anymore ? as told i got plenty of maps before 1.0.0 now i get barely 2 maps in 6-10 runs thats a joke. they changed the overall IIQ to avoid exessive white drops but somehow it affects on maps aswell.

The enemy drop rate for maps are a different IIQ than those for items. Meaning, if they adjust one, it doesnt affect the other.
"
AluCarD1911 wrote:
so just did 15 71 maps. you know what i got? 2x 72 rest nothing. seriously? this is a joke!

every map got rolled with nice mods and high IIQ so whats the matter? GGG did you change something about map drops? for what do i spend currency on maps when i dont even get anything? before 1.0.0 patch i got so much maps that i could not even do them all now i barely get 1 or 2 maps in 5-8 map runs. so tell me how to sustain your mappool now if you dont drop anything?

yesterday i did around 20 maps all with maze suffix and high IIQ and all i got was 5 low level maps and 3 maps with maplevel +1. are you kidding me? i spend much currency on these maps and all i got back is 3 maps in the same levelarea? wtf

so please GGG what ever you did to mapping system make it as it was before 1.0.0! i dont want to spend my time on grinding lv66-68 areas i want to do maps. im sure everyone is experiencing this because i got many friends who did maps with me before and complain aswell about the low map drops.

Wow that's the biggest BS I've read on here in a while. Maps need higher drop rates but they definitely haven't been reduced lately, they've just always been bad.
Last edited by Telzen on Oct 31, 2013, 10:51:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info