Map Management Resource

"
Kirielis wrote:
Would you consider putting unique maps in their own section? I feel that it would work better that way.

Please, please add a note to Vaults that says Rogue Exiles may spawn in here as well!

Beating the Asylum is my next project, by the way. Preferably solo. I've got some ideas.

Thank you! I've added the note on Vaults. I'll consider putting unique maps in their own section if more people want them. Please do let me know if you agree.

All the best on your project! Looking forward to fruitful results.
Last edited by Lyralei on Oct 13, 2013, 12:08:16 PM
I can consistently beat the asylum, but only with my cold snap witch. I friggin love this map... I always get a ton of maps and uniques out of it.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Hi,

Thanks for this resource. I reference it constantly.

I used SunnyRay's tool to evaluate this

map. It "suggested" that I should reroll this map, given that I had the currency to do so. Do you agree with the tool's assessment?

Thanks.
"
brewin_bob wrote:
Hi,

map. It "suggested" that I should reroll this map, given that I had the currency to do so. Do you agree with the tool's assessment?

Thanks.

you should not be spending chaos orbs rerolling 68 maps considering level 72 maps are 4 chaos a pop.

Honestly, maps under level 71 have no place in the game anymore due to the cost of rolling vs cost of purchase.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 14, 2013, 1:07:56 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
brewin_bob wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

you should not be spending chaos orbs rerolling 68 maps considering level 72 maps are 4 chaos a pop.

Honestly, maps under level 71 have no place in the game anymore due to the cost of rolling vs cost of purchase.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to get on stable ground, so to speak, regarding running maps. I've been running mostly 66s and 67s where I can afford the alt orbs to reroll in my favor. Regarding 68s and 69s, I thought that one should consider rerolling if it had low rolls and/or was to dangerous to do. I've "wasted" one Springs map where I got facerolled by incr pack size of Goatmen and those leaping maw things ... with 3 rares leading them ... incr atk spd, incr crit, incr dmg, phys reflect, ele reflect, life regen ... no fun and quite a bit of lost XP.

So, in the situations in which the map mods are unfavorable (68s, 69s, 70s), should I just sell them? Or wait until I get 3 of the same type and vendor for the next tier map?

Thanks.
"
brewin_bob wrote:

The number in the tool doesn't mean "reroll if you can afford spending 12.6 chaos orbs".
It means "reroll if you can't buy another Spider Lair Map for less than 12.6 chaos orbs".

If you don't like trading maps, read it as "reroll if a white Spider Lair Map is worth more than 12.6 chaos orbs to you". I need a better wording than "Minimum Map Cost in Chaos to Reroll".

Since Spider Lair Map can be bought for 1 chaos orb, you shouldn't ever use a chaos orb on it unless you play self-found and it's the only map you have. The same is true for all maps under 71. Save chaos orbs, you will need a lot of them to roll higher maps. Another option is to buy better gear or higher maps. If maps you run seem too difficult, buy gear, if too easy, buy maps.

The tool assumes you can clear any map regardless of its difficulty. If there is a considerable amount or rolls you can't play, the tool's answer is wrong. More so because high rolls are usually more difficult than low ones.

Also, I would strongly advise against using the tool blindly in its current state. It can provide additional information to consider, though.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 14, 2013, 4:25:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification, SunnyRay. Would it be safe to assume that your tool is more geared towards 73-77 maps since only those are worth more than 1 or 2 chaos? I assure you that I'm not using the tool alone. I've mostly been running or rerolling lower level maps based on this thread and my level of comfort with the mods rolled. I've done a couple of 68s, but mostly 66s and 67s. All of y'alls feedback has been very helpful. Thanks.
Feels like it's geared more toward mid-level maps and the borderline rolls on higher maps. For 70- maps, just alc and run, or even trans/aug/alt and run. 71-73 is right where the cost of chaos rerolling the map for better mods is in the same order of magnitude as the cost of a map. For 74+ maps, you always chaos it to a good roll, and the tool is meant to help you put a price on the roll for really borderline cases. I'd still rather go with the instincts of a high level map group than the math on a spreadsheet, though. No offense intended.

For example. Would you reroll this map?

The tool suggested 50.1 as minimum cost to reroll. For a 75 map in SC, the price is 30-50 chaos equivalent for a white map, 50 being on the very high end of prices. Therefore, the map should be run.

Two different groups also said they'd run it as-is. I did, and got 0 maps out of it. RNG at its finest.

And SunnyRay, could you add a key for the inhabit affixes, so we know which numbers correspond to which inhabits? -20 is probably sea witches, and what about the rest?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Oct 14, 2013, 9:26:33 PM
"
Lyralei wrote:
Except Underground Sea. Fuck that map and Labyrinthine doing nothing for it.

Maybe because it can't roll it? -_-

Casually casual.

"
Kirielis wrote:
And SunnyRay, could you add a key for the inhabit affixes, so we know which numbers correspond to which inhabits? -20 is probably sea witches, and what about the rest?

-20 - goats
+15 - undead/skeletal
+20 - bandits
0 - everything else including sea witches

Note that flat IIQ bonus is applied separately (goats add 14%, but sea witches add nothing).

In some future update there will hopefully be a table with all values listed and an option to enter your own.

PS. Added to a sheet.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Oct 15, 2013, 2:32:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info