Map Management Resource

"
Kirielis wrote:
JV was recently changed and the guide hasn't caught up yet.

The unique boss? I'll fix it tonight.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Rolled this ridiculous maze map and it dropped one 70 map!

maze map
------------------
maze
40 pack size
40 magic pack
40 rare pack

Rare and Magic usually cancel each other out in a negative way. Pack + Magic is so money though.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I just wanted to say thank you so much to the person who made and keeps up this thread. I can't tell you how many times I've used it and referred to it. In my opinion, this thread should be cannon (read Ready Player One, everyone) for all players.

Thank you!!!
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

maze map
------------------
maze
40 pack size
40 magic pack
40 rare pack

Rare and Magic usually cancel each other out in a negative way. Pack + Magic is so money though.

Are you sure about this?

ign TheBlackMambaTemplar
"
technie_noob wrote:
"
MasterCard wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

maze map
------------------
maze
40 pack size
40 magic pack
40 rare pack

Are you sure about this?

I am fairly certain based on my experience of mapping my Marauder up to level 94. However, that map is still going to be pretty savage with the Larger + Pack combo.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Updated Jungle Valley. Please drop me a message if there are any inconsistencies.
"
Lyralei wrote:
Extra Damage as X affixes only function on attacks and not spells (confirmed by Neonspyder).

I believe those prefixes works with any physical damage. There are not many physical spells, but the example can be Vaal's smash.

"
Lyralei wrote:
Suffering (18%) ★★★★ - Easy suffix for anyone prepared (and CI characters). Problematic for hybrid characters as it disables ES regeneration.

Constant chaos damage disables ES recharge, not ES regeneration.

"
Lyralei wrote:
Stasis (30%) ★★★★★ - (...) As a plus, this does NOT affect Energy Shields, so users with Zealot's Oath will still regenerate theirs.

I am preety sure ES regeneration from Zealot's Oath don't work in stasis maps. Energy shield regen from Shavronne's Revelation ring works, becouse it isn't converted from HP regen. And finally - ES recharge is also not affected by this mod.
Last edited by SteKrz on Sep 22, 2013, 12:31:08 PM
"
Antnee wrote:
I do wonder why "slithering" isn't rated as high as bandits. Sea hags spawn in gi-fucking-gantic groups and are slow and easy to kill... OP, thoughts on this?

though i quit about 2 month ago, i still have THIS thread bookmarked.

Thus, if there were no changes regarding sea witches, yes, they come in big packs, but the white spawns generally drop very few and the witches come just in very small numbers. In order to get lots of loot, you need to be lucky and have lots of magic packs of the spawns, what does not occur too often.
"
SteKrz wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:
Extra Damage as X affixes only function on attacks and not spells (confirmed by Neonspyder).

I believe those prefixes works with any physical damage. There are not many physical spells, but the example can be Vaal's smash.

"
Lyralei wrote:
Suffering (18%) ★★★★ - Easy suffix for anyone prepared (and CI characters). Problematic for hybrid characters as it disables ES regeneration.

Constant chaos damage disables ES recharge, not ES regeneration.

"
Lyralei wrote:
Stasis (30%) ★★★★★ - (...) As a plus, this does NOT affect Energy Shields, so users with Zealot's Oath will still regenerate theirs.

I am preety sure ES regeneration from Zealot's Oath don't work in stasis maps. Energy shield regen from Shavronne's Revelation ring works, becouse it isn't converted from HP regen. And finally - ES recharge is also not affected by this mod.

Thanks. Will fix them tonight.
"
Syrtis wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
I do wonder why "slithering" isn't rated as high as bandits. Sea hags spawn in gi-fucking-gantic groups and are slow and easy to kill... OP, thoughts on this?

though i quit about 2 month ago, i still have THIS thread bookmarked.

Thus, if there were no changes regarding sea witches, yes, they come in big packs, but the white spawns generally drop very few and the witches come just in very small numbers. In order to get lots of loot, you need to be lucky and have lots of magic packs of the spawns, what does not occur too often.

I came back to this thread just to report that I think the sea witch mod is underrated by the guide. It's an amazing guide overall but the fairly "meh" report on the slithering prefix doesn't seem right. In my experience sea witches are at least as good as bandits, possibly better if you want to move up in map tiers.

I realize I have a very low sample size (maybe 10 slithering maps out of 100's of total maps) but every time I ran one with 50+ quantity I came away with multiple maps equal to or greater than the map level. It's *such* a huge difference from most of my maps that I think there's some significance even w/the low sample size.

While the smaller "squids" don't drop as much normal loot, I can't help but wonder if the chance to drop a map is unrelated to this. Would be interested to hear the opinions of some of the veterans on this. While intuitively it shouldn't be separate, the map drop chance *is* separate from factors that normally increase item quantity (except map quantity of course) so there is at least the possibility that normal loot quantity is a poor indicator of the chance to drop a map.
IGN: Jihokinetic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info