Map Management Resource

1week done,

done a sample of maps BUT

i think i didn't see the "Splitting" and "Chaining" affix in combination. Any confirmation or denial?

€dit
will verify soon :)
Last edited by Syrtis on Apr 27, 2013, 1:32:42 AM
The main characters I'm running atm are in their early 70s. How hard should I roll 66 and 67 maps for particular affix combinations? Like, I pretty much won't accept a grotto if it's not labrynthine, but on most maps I throw back pack size, more rares, and more magics unless the other mod is also decent. Am I going too hard?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
if you throw back all magic/champ mods dont expect to see as many next level maps... i got kinda chewed out for wastin currency on laby rolls - i started taking just some of the better rolls i saw and good rolls with champ and have been keepin my map pool and able to progress decently, as they argued to me - 66 maps arent worth wasting to much currency on and it definately turned out to be true..

Id like to know why you suggest to do cowards trial with friends, is it just cause of the boss mechanic or is it due to qty/drop related stuff?
Last edited by Obbes on Apr 27, 2013, 12:31:14 PM
I did a maelstrom of chaos solo. I got like 2 inventories of rares and no uniques.

Watched guy a multibox it on Youtube and he got 100+ rares and a full inventory of uniques. He got more loot off the first 2 blue packs than I did the entire instance.

I'm also truly convinced now it's retarded to alch your 69 maps and ignoring rares is clearly a mistake. I followed my own guide up until 69 maps and was owning it up, not having any trouble. Now I alched like 50x 69 maps aiming for high quantity and I have barely any maps left, even running low on 68s after running 40 of those 69s.

Solo mapping could have been summed up to:

Roll area size, maze, more magics, more rares with alts and run it regardless of whatever else spawns as long as it's doable.

After getting frustrated after using so many alchs and barely any maps I decided to run a lvl 69 43% magic mob blue map with like 21% quantity after using a transmute on it. Got a level 71, 70 and a rare 68 map from it.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Apr 27, 2013, 4:07:24 PM
I think villainous of champions is the best mods for any map (for items or map drops). I dont think Ive ever not gained a map doing this combo and normally get multiple.

Ive seen far far too many 100%+ iiq maps rolled (even mazed temple with boss killed) and zero maps drop to realize its just not worth putting all that currency in (well except alterations).
Simply amazing work here. I eagerly await flavor text/bios for the 77 maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 27, 2013, 7:28:30 PM
"
Xenthian wrote:
I think villainous of champions is the best mods for any map (for items or map drops). I dont think Ive ever not gained a map doing this combo and normally get multiple.

Ive seen far far too many 100%+ iiq maps rolled (even mazed temple with boss killed) and zero maps drop to realize its just not worth putting all that currency in (well except alterations).

Just did this 117% Bazaar and out came

i know that this one is also very lucky, but in the end it's worth it! you need to be fully aware that from time to time it can even occur that you come out empty
Last edited by Syrtis on Apr 27, 2013, 7:53:09 PM
"
Syrtis wrote:
i know that this one is also very lucky, but in the end it's worth it! you need to be fully aware that from time to time it can even occur that you come out empty

When Im running a high quantity I expect to come out with nothing (and do^^) against my better judgement I alc'd one and got 70%ish with bandits and magic so...high hopes for that one (edit: - ....yeah zero map drops).

Im sure its just bad RNG, one day I may have some good rng (maybe)
Last edited by Xenthian on Apr 29, 2013, 2:43:03 AM
Man, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks for the extensive and easy to understand guide. I just got my first map last night (level 66 white dungeon) and was completely lost as to what to do. I didn't know if I could do it (I'm level 62 and can easily clear merci docks with my dual totem spork witch) and I had no idea what to expect on the inside. I think I may try to trade it for another level 66 map because I'd rather not have a super hard map for my first one. Thanks again, I bookmarked this thread for further use, I'm sure I will be back here daily, thanks!
Flashback IGN: Exalsted
You can easily do Dungeon as a 62. Its rated as highly difficult because certain mods make Brutus dangerous but otherwise its no different from any other Brutus fight. If you're confident and have access to Summon Skeletons on a Spell Totem then you can do it with relative ease.

As usual, expect to see some updates this week since I've completed all my assignments and the rest of my time will be dedicated to some preparation for exams amongst other things. Not a huge fan of studying.

With regards to the Commanders affix, I have plans to gather more empirical data before reinstating it in future revisions of the resource. For now, it remains (to me) inconclusive as to how well it contributes towards drop potential so run it as you please.
Last edited by Lyralei on Apr 28, 2013, 10:16:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info