Map Management Resource

I don't think it's worth dropping the commanders prefix for low level maps. I know rng is rng but here's some data:

I ran about 60x 67 maps and had about 12-15x 69 maps. During this run I valued commander's and ran it most of the time even with low'ish quantity rolls on the map.

Now I ran about 60x 68 maps and only have 5x 70 maps but I avoided commander's and only ran it if I was at 30%ish. So either 70 maps are much much much rarer to drop or commander's has something to do with it.

There's a big difference between 5 and 15, that's triple the amount but 2 sets of 60 maps isn't a big enough sample size to determine anything but it's a start at least.
Shipyard- [Difficulty: ♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦ ]

Shrine - [Difficulty: ♦♦♦♦♦ | Potential: ♦♦♦ | Clear Speed: ♦♦♦ ]

GOD DAMNNIT I AM SO HUNGRY TO SEE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
MasterCard wrote:

Sorry its taking so long. My final papers are due Monday and I'll have to leg it for the week after due to my exams. As a plus, being a business undergrad, I only have two papers. Ha!
It's almost like kripp read my mind. His latest video goes over the optimal levels at which you should be doing specific map levels. I guess for him it stemmed from the week race.

Here's the Youtube vid explaining it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-c87vptlUU

Here's the gist of it in chart form:

66: Player level 74
67: Player level 75
68: Player level 76
69: Player level 77
70: Player level 78
71: Player level 80
72: Player level 81
73: Player level 82
74: Player level 83
75: Player level 84
76: Player level 85
77: Player level 86

That is the point at which you're +1 level above the EXP penalty which yields 98% of the EXP gained. As you get higher up you lose more and more EXP. At about +5 levels every next level results in 75% EXP vs the previous level.

Now to partly answer my question from before with kripp's data. You need to find a balance to optimize EXP vs wealth. If you want to gain more currency then you could level to even +15 levels above the map (ie. L81 in a 66 map). That will hurt your EXP but you'll gain a ton of maps/currency while still leveling every few days. This strategy won't cut it for racing but in the perma. league it seems reasonable.

I've done the +15 level gap up to 69s so far. I feel like +15 is the upper bound where you gain about 1% per map starting from 67 maps to maximize wealth and you would need a lot of discipline to go further up. If I were to level another character I'd probably go somewhere in between, maybe closer to +9 or +10.
Last edited by antelopesalad on Apr 26, 2013, 10:38:16 AM
Lyralei you sir/madam are a GOD/GODDESS. Thank you for this, I am just beginning maps now and this guide will be invaluable.

Also....why the hell isn't this stickied? I know GGG feel there are too many stickies already but come on!
IGN~Dyspeptic or Praecantarix
Would it be a bother to ask for the prefixes to be alphabetized? I like to cross-check my affixes with this thread, but they're out of order. :(
This topic is great !

STICKY REQUIRED!
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
SinisteRing wrote:
Would it be a bother to ask for the prefixes to be alphabetized? I like to cross-check my affixes with this thread, but they're out of order. :(

I can make this change.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
MasterCard wrote:

Sorry its taking so long. My final papers are due Monday and I'll have to leg it for the week after due to my exams. As a plus, being a business undergrad, I only have two papers. Ha!

No worries my man. Goodluck with your exams. They're far more important than PoE.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
NCPereira wrote:
This topic is great !

STICKY REQUIRED!

+1, a valued resource.
Thread killer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info