yea, so d4 isnt something that poe has to worry about

"
vampirekid13 wrote:
yea, i havent played this game in a long time.

its by far the best arpg on the market at the moment, i havent played because its overwhelming to deal with the skill tree.

i often open the game, and the skill tree and instantly get overwhelmed by how much stuff i need to learn to even be average at the game.

thats says something about me, not really the game, maybe there is a better way to do talent trees in this game. maybe this is the best way, i dont know, but i did play this game, and i spent quite a bit of money on it.

and ultimately, if you are one of the people that play this game actively and were wondering about d4, the answer is dont. its a single player arpg with no way to trade or group. its not good right now, and this game is infinitely better than that. even though it wasnt able to retain me particularly because i am not a hardcore enough gamer to decipher the skill tree.

This is understandeble. But my advice would be. Take it one node at a time. If you need resist, go for resist. If you need damage. Go for damage. If you need life, go for life. The game is perfectly viable to play in a reactive way rather than proactive.
"
TheBagman wrote:
D4 will likely help PoE. Blizz's marketing budget and reach is beyond compare. They're going to sell a LOT of copies, no question. A lot of those people will be completely new to AARPGs. They'll play D4, have fun, and some will look for similar games and discover PoE. Those that are wanting a deeper experience will likely stay.

Oh, and make no mistake, people that are serious about PoE will likely return. Just like D3, D4 is a fun game, but it is absolutely a more casual experience. Which is great! There's plenty of room for both types of games.

I think that's the best take. PoE numbers may be somewhat depressed, especially peak numbers, if D4 sees as large an uptake as seems to be the case; but in the longer term it will probably grow the market. And if just 10% of those try PoE, and 10% of those like the deeper experience which PoE undeniably offers, that's potentially a large boost.

As a guide, D2R sold 5 million copies in its first year, and that's a very old game with minimal change. I think at the lower end D4 will sell at least 10M copies within the year (probably much faster!) which might reasonably bring 1M new players who try PoE, of whom 100K might stay. Numbers are obviously guesswork but probably not reasonable.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

If a streamer said it then it must be true.

What this streamer said is true.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

If a streamer said it then it must be true.

What this streamer said is true.

Yep pretty much. Both games have the same poor itemization, same strict limitation of what builds blizzard tells you to play, typical diablo generator/spender combat with a few buttons to click on cd.

It's just diablo 3 revamp in a diablo themed lost ark like open world.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 6, 2023, 8:45:58 PM
"
Pashid wrote:

Yep pretty much. Both games have the same poor itemization, same strict limitation of what builds blizzard tells you to play, typical diablo generator/spender combat with a few buttons to click on cd.

It's just diablo 3 revamp in a diablo themed lost ark like open world.

Also rework level scaling in D4. Instead to be all time passive scaling make it only work when in groups or near world bosses.

Would be a win win for both parts of the player base that either like easy drop-in or the traditional challenge when facing harder enemies with fixed levels.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 6, 2023, 9:17:34 PM
I can do world events with other people without joining groups. This is cross platform play... so xbox playstaytion and pc all together and from all around the world. Shit is seemless. None of that in d3 or poe just for the uninformed.
"
Malice4201 wrote:
I can do world events with other people without joining groups. This is cross platform play... so xbox playstaytion and pc all together and from all around the world. Shit is seemless. None of that in d3 or poe just for the uninformed.

If you want a MMO there are better options out there. No wonder people are calling it Lost Arkablo.
"
Malice4201 wrote:

And grouping up with friends to run content is fantastic in D4. Group play is absolute garbage in PoE, but it works so well and is *actually* fun in a Diablo game. Just spent a couple straight hours with some buds running NM dungeon keys, doing some whisper quests, a world boss popped up so we ran over there, and ended on an almost full helltide run.

And that's actively grouping with friends. It's actually a lot of fun to be mounting up somewhere, come across an event and someone not in your party happens to be running by as well. Wham bam, we take out the event, maybe emote at each other and ride on.

Yall thinking D4 will be forgotten soon and players will want to come back to PoE are nuts. I used to say before playing D4 that hey, maybe PoE2 can change a bit, maybe I'll play that each league then when I'm bored some D4. Naw dog, not anymore. PoE won't even be the game I play in between. Too many other better games to look forward to. Why on planet earth would I elect to play a game that tries so hard to work against the player?
"
Malice4201 wrote:

Cause neither of the two games had ever the interest to get out of the arpg hack&slay genre just to become a wannabe open world mmorpg. Lost ark for sure had some influence on D4, quite a shame that blizzard did the same mistake as smilegate by placing too many elements of different genres into a single game.
End result is a mess of everything and nothing has any details or depths at all because they only slapped as all the different things from other genres into the game and completely forgot that they wanted to create a arpg game and not a hybrid mess of everything.

There are better options for games for said genre and activities. GW2, FFXIG, WoW just to name the larger popular mmorpg.

All that glitters is not gold, even if it has a blizzard logo on it.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jun 7, 2023, 11:47:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info