yea, so d4 isnt something that poe has to worry about

"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

If a streamer said it then it must be true.

Um it is? It's d3 you can't accept it's a reskinned diablo 3 LMAO boring AF
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

If a streamer said it then it must be true.

Um it is? It's d3 you can't accept it's a reskinned diablo 3 LMAO boring AF

I can accept things that are true...not things that people whom force themselves to believe try to make me believe.

Also there is something true, POE has nothing to worry about, they didn't have a big audience as it was so the 20k players still playing 3 weeks into the league are safe.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jun 4, 2023, 5:13:49 PM
I don't really get this whole "reskinned D3" stuff. I mean... Of course it is? It's the same IP. D3 was a massive success, it goes without saying that they want to capitalize on parts of that success. If you like(ed) D3, you're going to like D4. It has a LOT of things in common. Neither D3 or D4 were/are trying to appeal to players longing for deep customization and build freedom. They both have very "set" build options, carefully structured - with clear and hard "boundaries"/caps. Your playing their builds, not your builds, which is probably a positive for 'most' people.

For me, building/planning and itemization are both equally as important as gameplay, so I'll probably stay here. In my eyes, PoE is superior there.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I agree it is an improved D3, specially the items system. Now I see why bliz kind of dodged the questions about it.

Looking forward to poe 2, i wanna get back to this genre.
Bought early access D4. Didn't see any greatness in the game. It's polished but feels such shallow remake especially when have heard only bad about endgame (was probably released 6months-2years too early)
Last edited by Possu81 on Jun 4, 2023, 5:53:15 PM
why crying?

D4 is a masterpiece..

you play your like game ... dont worry about D4
Last edited by xDarkillx on Jun 4, 2023, 6:44:51 PM
"
vampirekid13 wrote:

poe is king as always.

Yet here we are reading these threads about D4 in the general PoE forum( Why not use off-topic forum where the discussion belongs? This really says a lot).

PoE has a lot to worry, one because it is no longer the number one (in terms of popular) online arpg on the market, D4 is the new King. Current PoE is too technically obsolete to compete with D4 even if the endgame content is more evolved and greater hence why PoE2 is required( btw , let's see how D4 fares in a few years of content updates through the live service monetization model it has).

The bulk of players will be playing and enjoying D4 because honestly, it plays and feels better (on several levels, graphics, sound, atmosphere, innovation open world etc) than other current isometric online arpg's available on the market.

Once PoE2 lands (which does look pretty nice) it will depend on several things, by then D4 will have had several content updates. The greatest strength of PoE2 is the free to play nature of the game, that means the bulk could try it out without really losing anything.

"
Phrazz wrote:
I don't really get this whole "reskinned D3" stuff. I mean... Of course it is? It's the same IP. D3 was a massive success, it goes without saying that they want to capitalize on parts of that success. If you like(ed) D3, you're going to like D4.

This argument i will never understand, D4 in terms of gameplay feels similar to D3 when it comes to the combat and itemization although it is quite different and improved upon( no D3 sets with ridiculous multipliers, we may see runes and runewords D2 style added to the game in the future according to dev commentary).

Other content does not feel D3 at all, skill tree is back from D2 days, the basic customization of the character is there unlike D3 and this becomes more obvious in the later game, large open world map requires mount to traverse the landscapes plays like an isometric Elder Scrolls game. Atmosphere overall feels more like the old Blizz North games.

Last edited by wierdzodi on Jun 4, 2023, 8:17:56 PM
What PoE has to worry about is that D4 transmog system made PoE supporter packs obsolete.

Your char in D4 will look amazing without any mtx.

Yes, I'm aware PoE is free and D4 is 70$ but still, it's something that you cannot wonder about.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 4, 2023, 9:17:56 PM
I think they did a decent job for what it is sofar. What they do with seasons will define the game though. ARPG fans should hope they do well. The genre needs more competition. It pushes the other companies into doing better. I can see myself playing half and half until POE2 comes out. Hopefully that'll be a good experience too xD
hoho deja vu.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info