yea, so d4 isnt something that poe has to worry about

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Valkaneer wrote:
Everyone wants to compare D4 with a 10 - 20 year old polished game and think there is going to be as much content. Vanilla Wow is considered the best MMORPG ever made, yet, if Vanilla came out today as it was released in 2004 everyone would say, "Lack of content, no epic mounts, no flying, no end game raids besides UBRS, tons of bugs" ETC.

Diablo II was pretty meh until the Lord of Destruction expansion was released. LoD is what made Diablo II legendary, before it was just ok. D3 was also crap before the Xpac, no paragon system rifts, ETC.

If you are going to be fair compare D4 to when PoE had only 3 acts.

I have my doubts they'll ever be comparable in terms of content, even if POE paused new content right this moment. D3 and POE released at the same time (ish). Other than the initial release and shortly afterward, the comparison in terms of content was never really close. And then D3 went into life support development and that was the end of it. It's hard to imagine D4 doing something dramatically different than D3 since D5 (D Next) will always represent a huge monetary benefit to them. It's always about the money.

Which game is not about the money? Last I hard Tencent owns the vast majority of PoE. How did they acquire PoE if it wasn't about the money? Either PoE was going to collapse so they had to sell, or it was about the money.

I tell you I had more fun doing Cow King level a million times than I did anything in PoE. It would not take much for Blizzard to lay down the gauntlet and steal a huge swath of GGG customers. From what I have heard the balance in D4 is terrible and even worse than PoE, but all Blizzard has to do is make a balanced game, and that will be enough to pull I think 15-20% of PoE's customer base. People want to play melee but GGG has some vendetta against melee and it's the worse game I have ever played for melee. If you look at any mmo almost always the warrior type are #1 in population, unless the game is imbalanced.

In all this time you would think PoE could have made melee comparable to DII's barb and paladin, but no, when it comes to melee a game 25 years old just blows them out of the water.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Jun 5, 2023, 1:24:56 PM
yeah crucible league a kid was level 10 within 24 hrs, sanctum league there was a level 100 is 56 mins. SAVE IT!
"
Valkaneer wrote:

Which game is not about the money? Last I hard Tencent owns the vast majority of PoE. How did they acquire PoE if it wasn't about the money? Either PoE was going to collapse so they had to sell, or it was about the money.

I tell you I had more fun doing Cow King level a million times than I did anything in PoE. It would not take much for Blizzard to lay down the gauntlet and steal a huge swath of GGG customers. From what I have heard the balance in D4 is terrible and even worse than PoE, but all Blizzard has to do is make a balanced game, and that will be enough to pull I think 15-20% of PoE's customer base. People want to play melee but GGG has some vendetta against melee and it's the worse game I have ever played for melee. If you look at any mmo almost always the warrior type are #1 in population, unless the game is imbalanced.

In all this time you would think PoE could have made melee comparable to DII's barb and paladin, but no, when it comes to melee a game 25 years old just blows them out of the water.

I wasn't specific about who was all about the money, because they both are (mostly). Obviously, Diablo targets a much larger group of players with their more casual tones and relatively simplistic gameplay, and I believe that is driven by wanting a large market share for the money. GGG does seem to stubbornly stick to development principles that go in direct contradiction to making more money.

But GGG is all about the money to a point as well. They need to pay their employees, keep the servers on, pay the bills, etc. If I had to pick which company is more about the money with regard to Diablo vs. POE, then absolutely Diablo because of how they develop their game and their deviation from D2 to be more broadly appealing.

Although Tencent is clearly a part of the equation, if they've had impact on how to develop their game, it's strangely counterproductive to making money. I believe they stick to the chinese client largely and that's why POE in China is a huge money grab when compared to the international version.

Either way, they are both about the money, just at different magnitudes.
Ironically enough, PoE isn't something that D4 has to worry about either. Different games, different audiences. Constantly comparing itself to something that isn't even trying to be the same thing is just a pathetic attempt to inflate PoE's alredy inflated ego.

And since it doesn't seem you play PoE it's even more ridiculous and pointless to make these threads that add nothing of value to the discussion.
"
vampirekid13 wrote:
yea, i havent played this game in a long time.

TLDR
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jun 5, 2023, 3:40:01 PM
"
vampirekid13 wrote:
yea, i havent played this game in a long time.

its by far the best arpg on the market at the moment, i havent played because its overwhelming to deal with the skill tree.

i often open the game, and the skill tree and instantly get overwhelmed by how much stuff i need to learn to even be average at the game.

thats says something about me, not really the game, maybe there is a better way to do talent trees in this game. maybe this is the best way, i dont know, but i did play this game, and i spent quite a bit of money on it.

and ultimately, if you are one of the people that play this game actively and were wondering about d4, the answer is dont. its a single player arpg with no way to trade or group. its not good right now, and this game is infinitely better than that. even though it wasnt able to retain me particularly because i am not a hardcore enough gamer to decipher the skill tree.

Easy to group in D4, no idea how the hell you can say it is hard.
If you haven't the mental capacity to understand the skill tree in POE then i suggest you follow 1 of the many 100's of build guides.
Starting off with your own skill tree should only be done if you are an experienced player which you do not appear to be.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"poe is king" but you dont even play poe? in 10 years your highest char is lvl 71

"I'm going to attempt to undermine your statement by pointing at your character tab. All while I keep my character tab hidden".

I find it hard to take people who hide their character tabs seriously.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"poe is king" but you dont even play poe? in 10 years your highest char is lvl 71

"I'm going to attempt to undermine your statement by pointing at your character tab. All while I keep my character tab hidden".

I find it hard to take people who hide their character tabs seriously.

so what if my chars are private? what does that have to do with anything?
OP praises poe but clearly doesnt even play it. all i did was point this out and you're the second guy who attacks me over it.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 5, 2023, 8:47:36 PM
GGG has everything to worry about, competition is competition, and this is the Diablo franchise you're talking about. Blizz made billions already from the D4 presales. I bought the ultimate edition and it was worth every penny, despite the moderately boring campaign and slow gameplay (granted this is expected with low level gear). Experiencing a brand new Diablo world from Thur through the weekend was worth the price of admission alone. Happy to have had the opportunity to partake in early access, what a memorable event, launch performance was smooth as butter, zero issues, ranks at the top imho. Amazing graphics, amazing music (feels like D1), amazing times. They did an amazing job to lay out the groundwork, it can only get better going forward.

Also looking forward to PoE2, really excited. Great times for ARPG fans.

TLDR: Buy D4 or a mid-tier PoE supporter pack?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jun 6, 2023, 1:49:12 AM
D4 will likely help PoE. Blizz's marketing budget and reach is beyond compare. They're going to sell a LOT of copies, no question. A lot of those people will be completely new to AARPGs. They'll play D4, have fun, and some will look for similar games and discover PoE. Those that are wanting a deeper experience will likely stay.

Oh, and make no mistake, people that are serious about PoE will likely return. Just like D3, D4 is a fun game, but it is absolutely a more casual experience. Which is great! There's plenty of room for both types of games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info