yea, so d4 isnt something that poe has to worry about

"Bought early access D4. Didn't see any greatness in the game. It's polished but feels such shallow remake especially when have heard only bad about endgame"

Yeah see, these fanboy reviews arent gonna change anyone's mind. The game isnt even released yet and you think you know what endgame will look like, lol.

Enjoy PoE.
"
barrybondsmvp wrote:
The game isnt even released yet and you think you know what endgame will look like

It is released already and people have already hit lv 100.
Hitting max level this early should only be possible in years old titles.
Holy hell OP hasn't even played poe in years. But by golly, it's gotta be the best arpg because D4 doesn't have a good chat atm.
[/quote]

I can accept things that are true...not things that people whom force themselves to believe try to make me believe.

Also there is something true, POE has nothing to worry about, they didn't have a big audience as it was so the 20k players still playing 3 weeks into the league are safe.[/quote]

More like
5k players active
5k players dnd
And 10k trade bots

Poe gets real quiet month 2 of a league.
Everyone wants to compare D4 with a 10 - 20 year old polished game and think there is going to be as much content. Vanilla Wow is considered the best MMORPG ever made, yet, if Vanilla came out today as it was released in 2004 everyone would say, "Lack of content, no epic mounts, no flying, no end game raids besides UBRS, tons of bugs" ETC.

Diablo II was pretty meh until the Lord of Destruction expansion was released. LoD is what made Diablo II legendary, before it was just ok. D3 was also crap before the Xpac, no paragon system rifts, ETC.

If you are going to be fair compare D4 to when PoE had only 3 acts.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Jun 5, 2023, 10:35:05 AM
"
Valkaneer wrote:
Everyone wants to compare D4 with a 10 - 20 year old polished game and think there is going to be as much content. Vanilla Wow is considered the best MMORPG ever made, yet, if Vanilla came out today as it was released in 2004 everyone would say, "Lack of content, no epic mounts, no flying, no end game raids besides UBRS, tons of bugs" ETC.

Diablo II was pretty meh until the Lord of Destruction expansion was released. LoD is what made Diablo II legendary, before it was just ok. D3 was also crap before the Xpac, no paragon system rifts, ETC.

If you are going to be fair compare D4 to when PoE had only 3 acts.

I have my doubts they'll ever be comparable in terms of content, even if POE paused new content right this moment. D3 and POE released at the same time (ish). Other than the initial release and shortly afterward, the comparison in terms of content was never really close. And then D3 went into life support development and that was the end of it. It's hard to imagine D4 doing something dramatically different than D3 since D5 (D Next) will always represent a huge monetary benefit to them. It's always about the money.
d4 doesn't need to worry about PoE either
"
hasatt0 wrote:
d4 doesn't need to worry about PoE either

It never did...this attention seekers on the forums tend to make a war about any game that could scratch the precious waste of time and empty oasis poe is...

And I am calling an empty oasis because if you log in now you w/ 50-60 players until you find one that could sell you a starting item...The only real action you have after 3 weeks in a poe league is sitting afk selling your mirror tier gear or developing videos to bait people into buying your full stash of x thing, and that's not for the average 2-3 hour player.

People do not really understand that fun is not farming day and night chaoses to buy some sort of build enabling item, and by the time you do that you are already burnt out...The only people who think poe is king because you farm to farm and farm to farm another farming strategy are the ones posting this kind of threads and have never done story exarch by now...they are pretty much stuck in white maps killing mobs and picking alteration orbs.

Poe is fine, this mindless ghouls will never leave this illusion as it is.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jun 5, 2023, 11:57:00 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
I don't really get this whole "reskinned D3" stuff. I mean... Of course it is? It's the same IP. D3 was a massive success, it goes without saying that they want to capitalize on parts of that success. If you like(ed) D3, you're going to like D4. It has a LOT of things in common. Neither D3 or D4 were/are trying to appeal to players longing for deep customization and build freedom. They both have very "set" build options, carefully structured - with clear and hard "boundaries"/caps. Your playing their builds, not your builds, which is probably a positive for 'most' people.

For me, building/planning and itemization are both equally as important as gameplay, so I'll probably stay here. In my eyes, PoE is superior there.

Which is precisely why I never had any interest in D4 at all, despite playing all of the previous games to death. The Blizzard that we all knew and loved has been dead for quite some time, unfortunately.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
I don't really get this whole "reskinned D3" stuff. I mean... Of course it is? It's the same IP. D3 was a massive success, it goes without saying that they want to capitalize on parts of that success. If you like(ed) D3, you're going to like D4. It has a LOT of things in common. Neither D3 or D4 were/are trying to appeal to players longing for deep customization and build freedom. They both have very "set" build options, carefully structured - with clear and hard "boundaries"/caps. Your playing their builds, not your builds, which is probably a positive for 'most' people.

For me, building/planning and itemization are both equally as important as gameplay, so I'll probably stay here. In my eyes, PoE is superior there.

Which is precisely why I never had any interest in D4 at all, despite playing all of the previous games to death. The Blizzard that we all knew and loved has been dead for quite some time, unfortunately.

They are...Blizzard is dead...but it's the only real competition it is left between the waste of time POE is and the souless thing d4 is right now. D4 will get better though, while POE had the time and proved everyone it can only get worse not better...I put this on the lack of development skill Chris and the other people that started POE have...Their vision was good when no competition was there, now it's just repetitive and a waste of time...

Clearly POE has lived his time, time to hang the flag or bring people who actually live in this generation and not some old epoch were endless Kurast docks and baals were considered end game.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Jun 5, 2023, 12:00:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info