I deleted Path of exile for more reasons and i will never play this game again!

"
Sergrit wrote:
yes trading in this game sucks..

but account data is not shared across platforms?!
didn't know that..

Yup, they legit expect you to purchase everything over again if you want to switch platform even though buying all your tabs again is gonna run you somewhere between $100-300.

There is no reason for them to not already have cross-play. It is the standard now and GGG needs to grow the f up and get with the times! It isn't 2013 anymore.
"
eXi-1981 wrote:
1. This game is extremely supported by Streamer and their builds. You never have a chance as casual gamer.

And yet, here I am, a casual player with a L98 character... I've played for a long time, and has learned the game, but I'm still casual.

"
eXi-1981 wrote:
2. You really have to copy builds of someone to reperesent their OP builds. Casual no Chance.

No, you don't. You can make most builds work on your own if you understand some fairly basic concepts of damage multipliers and layered defences. They'll not be OP, but they'll get you through most content.

"
eXi-1981 wrote:
3. Stuff you need and want to buy to make a build stronger is meanwhile extreme expensive, everyone who own stashes to sell their stuff is extremly overrated.

No, it is not... Stuff you need to make your build stupidly OP is expensive, but you can make good builds cheaply.

"
eXi-1981 wrote:
4. You have to buy items to make you strenger, because you will not find anything for your build.

And yet, people complete L100 in SSF...

"
eXi-1981 wrote:
5. If you have the chance to sell a good item, especially the card "the doctor" you get spammed bmwith offers by criminal minds... you get spammed with offers... and they try to fool you with exalted instead of Devines!

Yes. Scamming exist. It exist in all games. That is why GGG has implemented the confirm button so you can validate that you're not getting scammed. Getting scammed today is your own fault.
"
Cyzax wrote:

And yet, here I am, a casual player with a L98 character... I've played for a long time, and has learned the game, but I'm still casual.

This is the problem, they sit and watch streamers yt etc all the time, see how much currency the 1% makes, how strong 2 mirror builds are and then dont enjoy the game.

Ive played very casual for years now, last time i bothered getting a HH was back in harbinger and legion. Game is so much more fun playing weird off meta crap stuff. This league is the hardest ive gone since heist came out. But only because im chasing a perfect voltaxic with shaper + tree.

In our small group ive said it for years, POB and all the streamer content is the worst thing for a game like this, POE was so much more fun in the early days when you grabbed a skill made a build, and if it failed around yellow maps, you tried another. Back when we played the game like that we used to look at gear from a different perspective, always wanting to try things, where nowdays you setup a filter and go through the motions. Meta is know, the potential of most builds are known, and there isn't much to discover and just try out any more.
I agree with the two above posts.

I think the streamer influx on games like this is very detrimental to the enjoyment and overall quality of such games. Not to mention that they also dictate game balance.

That is why I personally started playing SSF and right now it is a very viable option to do so. While still vulnerable to streamer induced balance changes its much less affected by the popular meta.

Its just sad how many people fall into the rat race of the streamer meta.
Yes, scamming DOES exist in all games. No other game, however, has a system that enables a whole slew of scams that are available ONLY in this game that would no longer be possible if GGG would wake tf up and add an auction house, including the one the OP complained about.
"
Blortad wrote:
Yes, scamming DOES exist in all games. No other game, however, has a system that enables a whole slew of scams that are available ONLY in this game that would no longer be possible if GGG would wake tf up and add an auction house, including the one the OP complained about.

aren't scamz even easier whith AH? i remember crashing the entire Gem market in d3 with only me and my friend in the same room.....
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Blortad wrote:

aren't scamz even easier whith AH? i remember crashing the entire Gem market in d3 with only me and my friend in the same room.....

guess it depends on the scam, ah systems vary.

In final fantasy 11 their AH listed the price of items that were actually sold but even their system could be somewhat cheesed but it cost you in taxes, Still the best time i've ever had with an AH but their entire world was also fashioned around competitive farming of bosses and other contents which required a lot of organized play as well all of it on cooldowns ticking away.

You could spend 6 hours trying to locate a rare monster that once you kill it and take its drops won't come back for another 3 days and then you have to go back within that spawn window and camp it again.

PoE with its excessive amounts of items perhaps Ruthless exists because of this very problem even if it too will ultimately suffer the same fate as everything else given enough time.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 1, 2023, 8:58:13 PM
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Blortad wrote:

Things you cant do with an AH system...

1. Put the wrong currency in the trade window to rip someone off because the sprites look similar (cant buy for the wrong currency in an AH, thats only possible with interaction based trade)

2. list an item at half its value and ignore all offers until people who actually respond to offers put items up at that price, enabling you to buy them from those players to rip them off (if you list an item for half its value in a real AH system it sells and the only one you ripped off is yourself)

3. ignoring a persons first 3 offers to buy then gouging the price on the 4th, pretending to have been afk the whole time (even though the game never said you were afk even once) and u just so happened to adjust price right then (again, if you list an item for a set price and someone wants to buy it, they do, no opportunity to price gouge)

4. changing the items in the trade window at the last second to rip someone off (again, cant buy for the wrong currency in a real AH system)

5. putting a low roll version of an item in the trade window when the buyer wanted the max roll version of the same item (if you click buy on the max roll version of an item in a real AH, you get the max roll version, no opportunity for bait and switch)

Meanwhile, every market manipulation tactic that can be done with an auction house (ie buying all of a given niche item and relisting at a higher price) still works exactly the same in this system, you can do every scam with this system that you can do with an AH system, plus numerous additional scams only possible under this system, plus this system lacking the safeguards a typical AH system has, such as trade tax, expiring listings, and limited listing count, make the typical standard AH system scams even easier to do on this system then they would be with a real AH system

This system prevents nothing and enables everything while also being a MASSIVE waste of everyones time, if you were told that an AH enables scamming you've been had, the reason most MMOs use an AH for player trade is because it goes a long way to reduce the opportunity for scamming by a TON and can easily be implemented in a way that both functions as an economic balance in the form of a currency sink and has limiting factors that can prevent most market manipulation

Not only that, but D3 is not a valid comparison as their AH had built in RMT, which was the real culprit behind the dark side of the D3 AH as it allowed whales to open their wallets a little wider whenever they wanted control over the value of any given item, if you're already dumping $1000 into MTX currency you might as well exploit the RMT AH to buy up every instance of a given item and turn that $1000 worth of MTX currency into $1500 before you buy what you actually want
"
Blortad wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Blortad wrote:

Things you cant do with an AH system...

1. Put the wrong currency in the trade window to rip someone off because the sprites look similar (cant buy for the wrong currency in an AH, thats only possible with interaction based trade)

2. list an item at half its value and ignore all offers until people who actually respond to offers put items up at that price, enabling you to buy them from those players to rip them off (if you list an item for half its value in a real AH system it sells and the only one you ripped off is yourself)

3. ignoring a persons first 3 offers to buy then gouging the price on the 4th, pretending to have been afk the whole time (even though the game never said you were afk even once) and u just so happened to adjust price right then (again, if you list an item for a set price and someone wants to buy it, they do, no opportunity to price gouge)

4. changing the items in the trade window at the last second to rip someone off (again, cant buy for the wrong currency in a real AH system)

5. putting a low roll version of an item in the trade window when the buyer wanted the max roll version of the same item (if you click buy on the max roll version of an item in a real AH, you get the max roll version, no opportunity for bait and switch)

Meanwhile, every market manipulation tactic that can be done with an auction house (ie buying all of a given niche item and relisting at a higher price) still works exactly the same in this system, you can do every scam with this system that you can do with an AH system, plus numerous additional scams only possible under this system, plus this system lacking the safeguards a typical AH system has, such as trade tax, expiring listings, and limited listing count, make the typical standard AH system scams even easier to do on this system then they would be with a real AH system

This system prevents nothing and enables everything while also being a MASSIVE waste of everyones time, if you were told that an AH enables scamming you've been had, the reason most MMOs use an AH for player trade is because it goes a long way to reduce the opportunity for scamming by a TON and can easily be implemented in a way that both functions as an economic balance in the form of a currency sink and has limiting factors that can prevent most market manipulation

Not only that, but D3 is not a valid comparison as their AH had built in RMT, which was the real culprit behind the dark side of the D3 AH as it allowed whales to open their wallets a little wider whenever they wanted control over the value of any given item, if you're already dumping $1000 into MTX currency you might as well exploit the RMT AH to buy up every instance of a given item and turn that $1000 worth of MTX currency into $1500 before you buy what you actually want

Well all of these can be prevented by either actually looking at what you are buying or properly price checking your item. Even if you didn't price check it right getting few offers in 5mins is a clear indication of that mistake.

To elaborate on what I stated in my previous post- we (me and one other person) bought and sold the same item back and forth between each other, lowering the list value of said item, which crashed the gem market for 30min. Preventable? sure, pretty ez to prevent this actually. My point is there is a lot more exploits you can do with a live AH market that you simply can't do in the PoE trade. This is because the human factor is completely removed.
"
AintCare wrote:

Well all of these can be prevented by either actually looking at what you are buying or properly price checking your item. Even if you didn't price check it right getting few offers in 5mins is a clear indication of that mistake.

To elaborate on what I stated in my previous post- we (me and one other person) bought and sold the same item back and forth between each other, lowering the list value of said item, which crashed the gem market for 30min. Preventable? sure, pretty ez to prevent this actually. My point is there is a lot more exploits you can do with a live AH market that you simply can't do in the PoE trade. This is because the human factor is completely removed.

The fact that that exploit you and your friend did is easily preventable is exactly my point. It isn't difficult to implement an Auction House that has features to prevent scams and exploitation that are proven to work, (such as excluding repeated sale of the same item between the same small player set from pricing data or just not having auto-pricing in the first place for the example you gave) meanwhile the garbage trade system PoE has has many exploits that cannot be prevented with a few lines of code because their nature is dependent on PoE trades lack of automation and forced interaction. As far as "price checking your item" is concerned, the price fixing exploit enabled by PoE trade trumps attempts from non-veteran players to do exactly that. If you don't already know what an item is actually worth (and therefore don't need to price check it to begin with) and you try to look it up and the entire first page is dominated by price fixers then you aren't gonna think that those are all fake listings, you're gonna think that those are legit listings and the prices on page 2 (if you even check page 2) are people trying to price gouge.

It isn't hard to make an Auction House system that prevents exploitation, plenty of games have done it and GGG can do it with PoE as well. Exploitation has nothing at all to do with why GGG wont add an Auction House. If you've read the insanely disrespectful trade manifesto you would find that they have said themselves that the reason they want trade to take up half your playtime is because they think if it doesn't then everyone will blow through all the games content and quit a month after league start even though most of the players (like me and the OP) who play for a month then quit do so because we get fed up with a game designed to deliberately waste our time. They literally would rather waste huge swathes of all our time then be bothered to make actual new content to fill playtime. That's an even worse philosophy then games like Grand Chase who never makes new dungeons to run and instead just release new characters to run the same old dungeons with. At least THAT development philosophy is predicated on the players getting to play the damn game instead of them literally being forced to STOP playing the game. The lack of an AH in PoE is literally GGG using "friction" in trade as an exploit to prevent them from having to put forth real effort and make real content. Most other games keep the game fresh and fun by adding new stuff to do, meanwhile GGG's philosophy involves resetting everyone once every 3-4 months and filling the game with irritating and inconvenient mechanics deliberately designed to waste time so that they can get away with only making a half-assed boss fight once every few years while they otherwise continually recycle the same tired dusty old content over and over, just with yet another janky new crafting mechanic nobody asked for to make the already needlessly over-convoluted nature of the game even worse and add even steeper RNG.

The TLDR here is that we don't need a BS trade system deliberately designed to waste half our playtime time. What we need is an Auction House system and for GGG to get off their lazy a**es and actually make real content for once!
Last edited by Blortad on Jun 5, 2023, 12:26:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info