I deleted Path of exile for more reasons and i will never play this game again!

"
eXi-1981 wrote:

With all that, you lost someone who is playing some long years!

I will never install your bullshit game ever again!
Even poe2 will come out. You lost me as a Potential Player.
Good buy

This is not an airport, no need to announce your departure.
Stay sane exile!
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 27, 2023, 3:30:10 PM
I disagree. What do you want from a game? You want everybody to be equally powerful right from the very beginning? You want a game that makes all the right choices for you? You want a game that has no obstacles to overcome?

That is not the game for me. That is not why I choose to play arpgs. That is the modern idle game mindset and it doesn't mesh with the genre.

It is infinitely more damaging to a game like this, where replayability and endless build variation are key, to have a game where everyone tackles all the content with minimal experience or thought. What would be the point of making any kind of new build if the game holds your hand all the way to the hardest content offered?

If "be content with subpar mapping" is NOT the answer, why don't they just hand out magebloods/HHs to every player and work explosions into every single skill so whole screens pop for everybody? Being content with subpar mapping experience is exactly what the game should be. And its precisely what it HAS to be. It is THIS aspect of arpgs that keep players coming back, trying new builds, testing new mechanics. More clearspeed, better damage, faster bossing, more defense, etc. You learn these things by hitting walls!
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 27, 2023, 3:36:35 PM
"
eXi-1981 wrote:

5. If you have the chance to sell a good item, especially the card "the doctor" you get spammed bmwith offers by criminal minds... you get spammed with offers... and they try to fool you with exalted instead of Devines!

I lost 18 devines because such a fooling. I know its my Fault,but why the hell, is it possible to fool the seller, if the one take devines and so it should not be possible to offer other items if there is no basis of negotiation?!?!?!?!?!?!

This sounds utterly awful, and I empathise with it. No wonder you want to quit after such a terrible experience. Yeah, you can blame yourself, but it's partly due to the trading system too. I've heard so many reports of similar, where the scammer very quickly changes currency in the last moment. Should be locked in based on what it was marketed for. If people want to make different deals, there could be a separate button for that or something. That would at least cut down on some of the scamming.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I disagree. What do you want from a game? You want everybody to be equally powerful right from the very beginning? You want a game that makes all the right choices for you? You want a game that has no obstacles to overcome?

That is not the game for me. That is not why I choose to play arpgs. That is the modern idle game mindset and it doesn't mesh with the genre.

It is infinitely more damaging to a game like this, where replayability and endless build variation are key, to have a game where everyone tackles all the content with minimal experience or thought. What would be the point of making any kind of new build if the game holds your hand all the way to the hardest content offered?

If "be content with subpar mapping" is NOT the answer, why don't they just hand out magebloods/HHs to every player and work explosions into every single skill so whole screens pop for everybody? Being content with subpar mapping experience is exactly what the game should be. And its precisely what it HAS to be.

Why is it extremes with you? Who asked for free Magebloods? Who said they wanted to be powerful enough to 1shot uber bosses?

Stop making shit up and assuming that just because some people like the OP are having problems understanding the game and how insurmountably difficult it is for new players to get into, that must mean they want to instantly win the game. Nobody's asking for this.

Asking to make the game easier to understand and to have builds that don't require tons of divines to reach T16 maps (assuming they're not running a meta build) is nowhere near similar to some hyperbolic demand that they want to instantly win the game.

Also, this idea that you should learn everything on your own is complete nonsense. I've been playing PoE since closed beta, and after trying and failing to come up with a strong build on my own, I resorted to using build guides. I learned so much more from breaking down PoBs and understanding why certain mods are chosen than I ever learned making my own build. Sharing knowledge is part of the human experience. If you feel compelled to strike it out on your own, fine, but stop acting like everyone else should do it too.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 27, 2023, 4:00:11 PM
To say the current trade system prevents scamming is so out of touch its absurd. It is equally out of touch to say that you can learn why youre dieing constantly just by "paying attention". Nobody has ever done that, they GOOGLE IT! The game doesnt tell you shit and scammers are rampant. You know what prevents price gouging and price fixing and assholes putting a currency that looks similar to the one you want in the trade window instead? A trade system where when you post an item for sale at a lsited price, the buyer doesnt need to whisper and ask permission to buy it and can instead click the buy button and the item sells. You cant list a price for 3div and turn around and say, "nah fam, 10div for YOU" if we had a real trade system. You cant buy an item for the wrong currency, thus scamming someone, if you have to buy for the listed price. Please explain to me what exactly the f*** scam is enabled by interaction-free trade that isnt, bare minimum, equally possible with THIS system? Literally ZERO other games that didnt shoot themselves in the foot by adding RMT to their game have a problem having an auction house. This system doesnt prevent scamming or botting or price fixing, meanwhile it enables a whole slew of verieties of scam that are exclusively available in THIS game ONLY. Open your god damned eyes and quit kissing GGGs ass
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Why is it extremes with you? Who asked for free Magebloods? Who said they wanted to be powerful enough to 1shot uber bosses?

Stop making shit up and assuming that just because some people like the OP are having problems understanding the game and how insurmountably difficult it is for new players to get into, that must mean they want to instantly win the game. Nobody's asking for this.

Asking to make the game easier to understand and to have builds that don't require tons of divines to reach T16 maps (assuming they're not running a meta build) is nowhere near similar to some hyperbolic demand that they want to instantly win the game.

Also, this idea that you should learn everything on your own is complete nonsense. I've been playing PoE since closed beta, and after trying and failing to come up with a strong build on my own, I resorted to using build guides. I learned so much more from breaking down PoBs and understanding why certain mods are chosen than I ever learned making my own build. Sharing knowledge is part of the human experience. If you feel compelled to strike it out on your own, fine, but stop acting like everyone else should do it too.

Well, nobody mentioned magebloods or ubers, BUT op did mentioned streamers and thus, set the bar on that level, the op is at least on maps, and well... thats a point where the game imposes some knowledge checks, yes

People have this weird mindset that you must be entitled to T16, well, thats simply not it... the story effectively ends on kitava, THATS how far you are "entitled" if you are someone who just play and turn the brain off, and theres nothing wrong with it

In general, most who complain about game "having no loot" or "being overcomplex" tends to be people complaining that multi divines tier of stuff dont drop and game being overcomplex tends to come from people struggling on red maps level content and beyond, where you are at the top end of content and the game SHOULD be hard. People who talk about complexity pre red maps usually just have questions around certain skills or mechanics or specifics encounters, but people talking about how making builds is hard more often than not are people bricking on T16 maps. Thats VERY far into the game...

Really, T16 is okay as it is. It dont need "tons of divines", but at the same time, its end-game content. Once you get there, all thats left is juice the instance, but as far as progression goes, its very close to the end of the line, thus, its normal to be a hard place to reach. Kitava is the goal for casual players, T16 is the goal for more dedicated and ubers are the goal for old veterans

People need to drop that "story is tutorial", "T16 is the real game" mindset. A "tutorial" that gives that many hours of playtime is simply a nonsensical concept, people into this mindset talk about "think of the child... err... casuals", but the casuals they talk about dont bother to go that deep into the game(and not just on poe either, the vast majority of players dont play past story mode on ANY game, heck, if we go by steam achieves, most people dont even reach the end of story mode)
"
Pashid wrote:
"
eXi-1981 wrote:

With all that, you lost someone who is playing some long years!

I will never install your bullshit game ever again!
Even poe2 will come out. You lost me as a Potential Player.
Good buy

This is not an airport, no need to announce your departure.
Stay sane exile!

This is not a roast, no need to be a dick.
Stay sane? While playing PoE? HA!
"
feike wrote:

Well, nobody mentioned magebloods or ubers, BUT op did mentioned streamers and thus, set the bar on that level, the op is at least on maps, and well... thats a point where the game imposes some knowledge checks, yes

Well, I did mention magebloods because I HAD to go to extremes. We already started at the extremes and every single post before that one was carefully worded to AVOID the extremes and still people misunderstood. Pizza's response to my post was ignoring everything I previously said so I went to the extreme because that is what his comment warranted. He says the game offers nothing, but at the same time mentions playing since the closed beta. I also played from the closed beta. Where do you think all that knowledge came from that we share; that content creators have? It came from playing the game! "Be content with subpar mapping, nooblord" is not the answer: is a very extreme comment to make. This game is ALL ABOUT not having as good a build as the next person. And it deserved to be called out extremely

In fact, before that I was specifically saying we had to AVOID the extremes and it was OP and other responses that were talking about extremes and completely ignoring the middle ground.

I ALSO specifically said you DON'T need to learn everything yourself. But many of these posts have learned NOTHING on their own. They have ONLY followed builds or watched videos and never once stopped to use what the game teaches you. I specifically said there ARE pockets of information that you will need a guide or help with, but you shouldn't START with all that because everything else is disappointment. That is the extreme right there.

To point out specifics and why I brought up mageblood: re-read the first post and all the other posts. There were extremes mentioned: "You HAVE to follow a build guide to play the game", "Casuals have no chance", "stremaers run the game", "You have to buy items to get stronger and they are ridiculously expensive". Every single one of these points comes from a place where someone REFUSES to learn the game, but rather wants every single build they make to be at the same level as streamers or carefully crafted forum builds. That is where we STARTED. And Pizza brought it right back there.

So I brought back in the extremes to illustrate a point. No one wants to learn anything, no one wants to do ANY experimenting, they want mageblood level power given to them on a silver platter and ignore everything else.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 27, 2023, 7:41:01 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
feike wrote:

I HAD to go to extremes.

No you didn't.
I think the OP makes some good points about PoE weaknesses. I think that they are just not presented well. For example, the OP seems to imply that they are in competition with other players. That really doesn't make sense. I'm not sure that he really means it. Using build guides made by others is extremely common and a very good way to learn the game.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info