I deleted Path of exile for more reasons and i will never play this game again!

"
eXi-1981 wrote:
I do not know why,but my gear was better than the recommendation gear and i never reach the damage of some builds.

I tried for example better helmets and somehow damage was going down instead going up. I am not sure how some builds makes millions of damage, when my gear was really close to theirs and i just had 10 thousands...

I am too stupid to understand, if on the helmet is plus % more damage and the other one have nothing to it?
Without any helmet the damage was raising a lot, with a helmet the damage was reduced...

Since years i did not understand, why this always happened to me. Since years of platin this game i never reached a char to get a damage like Streamer, even if my gear was better.

Whats the matter? Get i fooled by the game? I have toooo less follower maybe (0 because i do not Stream?)
Whats the matter?!

I deleted this stupid game for once and for All!

Lots of people use PoB tricks to increase their numbers.
"i quit cause i chose the wrong currency to sell my item" would be the main complaint here if ggg implemented a trade system that forced you to sell for the advertised price.

and the post also reminded me on the times (grandpa talking about the war again) when computer gaming got pvp interactions. it's been the hugest step up in difficulty compared to the "player versus computer" we had before.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Take your time to confirm trades. Don't rush it. You may never ever trade with the same person anymore in future so it doesn't matter what they think about you.
maybe ggg could look into guild wars 2 player trading post and make something similar using stash tabs and magic pigeons for a future league.
Path of Exile is not a game one masters simply by playing the game. I assume this is what people are doing when they identify themselves as "casuals". It's evident if you've been playing for years but still don't understand why 'gear A' is better than 'gear B' for a given build because you have no idea what is scaling the damage or why.

Streamers aren't some miracle of nature who have a genetic predisposition towards succeeding in PoE. They know the game very well. They know it because they have to explain it and teach it to others every day.

If I asked you to explain the elemental aliment "shock"; could you? Could you tell me where/how I can increase my chance to shock? How much shock effectiveness do I need? Or is it worth it at all? If not, why? How does proliferation work? How hard do I need to hit an opponent to debuff them with a max shock? What is the maximum value I can shock for? Can that maximum be raised?

Nobody knows the answer to all of these questions without looking it up. If it's your job to instruct other players then you have to know the subject matter well enough to explain it in a way people with no knowledge can understand. And then you repeat that process over and over as newcomers join and ask the same questions you've already answered a hundred times.

This is what it means to be a streamer. There's no shortcut.
-You start with a question
-Look up the answer
-Share what you've learned with others

Granted, new players have a mountain of questions--or even an inability to ask the right question. It's tough. But this is why following guides is so highly recommended. It keeps a newer player focused on what is important to the build. Guides come in different grades of quality. Some explicitly spell everything out in great detail - others might just be a single passive tree and the gear that person wore at the time they made their "guide".

As a player following a guide, it is your job to understand the build. You will run into issues which require you to troubleshoot your build no matter how high quality the guide you're following is. So keep that in mind when looking for a build to play. Does the guide you've chosen to follow provide you with enough information to get 'unstuck'? Does it warn you of limitations or pitfalls the build is vulnerable to?

It's OK to ask other players for help. Look for streamers who have their own community discord server and see if there are channels for new players/questions/help. Join in and ask for some guidance. "Hey, I'm trying to follow this guide [link] but I seem to be stuck. Here's my profile [link]. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?". Ask how to not die so much or how best to increase your damage, etc; whatever the issue is, people can often diagnose it pretty quickly.

I always advocate for playing the game with a few friends who also play. Sharing knowledge between even as few as 2-3 players can really cut down on the learning curve.

Learning enough to do well in this game is not insurmountable. Set achievable goals for yourself within the time frame of a single league. Then aim to do better the following league and repeat. Forget about comparing yourself to people who make builds that do hundreds of millions of damage or cost mirrors-worth of currency. That's not the game you're playing right now. You need to work on fundamentals--it's not something you're granted after years of attendance. You actually need to put in the effort.
"
eXi-1981 wrote:

2. You really have to copy builds of someone to reperesent their OP builds. Casual no Chance.

the issue is the difference between a casual / blind playthru / non build follower vs an efficient or meta build is 50-100k vs 2 million to 1 billion
[Removed by Support]
"
muzein wrote:
Path of Exile is not a game one masters simply by playing the game. I assume this is what people are doing when they identify themselves as "casuals". It's evident if you've been playing for years but still don't understand why 'gear A' is better than 'gear B' for a given build because you have no idea what is scaling the damage or why.

And this quote right here is the MAIN PROBLEM. We aren't talking about mastery!!!!!!!! The goal is not min/maxing. Simple understanding you CAN ABSOLUTELY LEARN just by playing the game. Your first couple of builds will suck. It's a big game, and there is a learning curve. But you CAN LEARN without any kind of 3rd party tools or "looking things up". This game existed long before any of those 3rd party tools were invented and people did just fine. Sure, the overall game is a lot bigger but the underlying mechanics are NOT. Sure, there are advanced concepts that aren't clear in the game: cooldown recovery, defenses, Damage over Time, minions to name a few. But scaling a skill to a comfortable damage level to access all content? It is as simple as matching tags and getting the highest numbers. That is NOT complicated. It's how ALL rpgs work...

There seems to be massive confusion between mastery/mirror tier, and general success. Freaking new players seem to think that they should be entitled to ridiculous, years-long developed levels of power in the span of 3 months. 99% of the builds that are posted that people follow include knowledge and adjustments across YEARS of development. You can bet your ass the game is not going to give you all that up front, its something you earn by putting in the time and being willing to learn and experiment.

THIS is why people think meta builds are the ONLY way to play the game. They want that insane level of power, without any kind of experimentation or learning or failure. There will ALWAYS be a build or two each league that is super easy to play and build. But that severely limits your actual enjoyment of the game, or your ability to "replay" the game as it is designed for you to do. Once you start with broken mechanics you really know nothing about, everything else you try doesn't measure up and you get frustrated, blame the game, and ragequit.

If you don't even try, you learn nothing. If you immediately shoot for the mirrors, you will hit a wall and quit. Literally, in any game that you can buy or play, or even in anything in life: its a process. Older players and well-built guides are made by people who have put in the time and effort to actually play the game, test new things, learn new things, and put those ideas into action. If you as a player would just START by playing the game, rather than READING the game, you would be so much better off and your entire mindset around PoE would be so totally different.

I HATE IT SO MUCH when I watch a streamer tell their audience that new players should find a build they like and follow a guide. Or read posts when players say they got their friend to start playing and they tell them you have to watch this video, or read this guide, or do this build. NO!!!!! Just enjoy the goddamn game and learn by doing. Don't leech off of other people's knowledge until you really need it, because chances are they aren't providing the whole step by step picture of WHERE that knowledge came from and why it works.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 27, 2023, 2:14:24 PM
"I hate when people complain that the game requires you to look up a build to get anywhere"

Maybe thats because it does? Someone forgot what being new to PoE was like. Maybe if GGG would explain f*** all in game rather then expecting people to use a third party application to have the slightest chance of making a good build that wouldnt be the case.

"take your time in trades, dont rush"

Ya, great idea, then the person youre trading with gets tired of waiting the extra 4 seconds and cancels trade and goes elsewhere because this game is designed to breed crackhead behavior

The fact of the matter is that the trade system is deliberately designed to encourage scamming and the entire game is built so that if you dont look up a build you will be doing 1/10th the dps of everyone else.
"
Blortad wrote:
"I hate when people complain that the game requires you to look up a build to get anywhere"

Maybe thats because it does? Someone forgot what being new to PoE was like. Maybe if GGG would explain f*** all in game rather then expecting people to use a third party application to have the slightest chance of making a good build that wouldnt be the case.

Ya, great idea, then the person youre trading with gets tired of waiting the extra 4 seconds and cancels trade and goes elsewhere because this game is designed to breed crackhead behavior

The fact of the matter is that the trade system is deliberately designed to encourage scamming and the entire game is built so that if you dont look up a build you will be doing 1/10th the dps of everyone else.

I'm sorry but NONE of this is true. Game teaches you plenty just from playing. You just can't expect to be AMAZING right from day 1. It's OKAY to have a build that only makes it to yellow maps. It's OKAY to have a build that can't delete entire screens at once. You LEARN if you let yourself learn. And the game DOES teach you if you bother to pay attention. It doesn't teach you EVERYTHING and there are many things that are problematic within the game that the wiki and guides help you deal with, but you DO NOT need any kind of 3rd party tool to create a successful build. It was done for YEARS before any 3rd party tools existed. And it can be done now, even though it is more difficult and requires more knowledge and experimentation to get to the end of the endgame than it did 5-10 years ago.

Trade has the most basic function to prevent any kind of scam from happening except with your own carelessness: you can't accept a trade until you have looked at both items. If you looked at the item and STILL accepted, that is 100% on you. This isn't about easy or hard trade, it is so elegantly simple and fixed the entire way scams used to happen. The scammer can't swap out their item at the last second anymore. Because that resets the acceptance checkmark. It is totally YOUR FAULT if you are in such a rush you don't make absolutely sure on big trades that might significantly affect you. Who the hell cares if the other party is impatient? That shouldn't affect YOU and YOUR trade. Just wait for the next person.

"Trade system is designed to encourage scamming"....no...it is actually designed exactly the opposite way.

"1/10th the dps of someone else"...YES YES YES, if you've been playing 3 months and someone else has been playing 5 years, YOU SHOULD BE DOING 1/10th THE DAMAGE. If you play a board game that you've never played before against someone who has literally devoted their life to it for the last 5 years, you can't possibly expect to WIN? You decide to read a book about chess and play against a grandmaster, YOU LOSE rather quickly. Experience matters!!!!

When I make a minion build from scratch, I KNOW that Ghazzy's build using the same minion is going to blow mine out of the water. SO WHAT?

My god the entitlement...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 27, 2023, 3:24:24 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Blortad wrote:

I'm sorry but NONE of this is true. Game teaches you plenty just from playing. You just can't expect to be AMAZING right from day 1. It's OKAY to have a build that only makes it to yellow maps. It's OKAY to have a build that can't delete entire screens at once. You LEARN if you let yourself learn. And the game DOES teach you if you bother to pay attention. It doesn't teach you EVERYTHING and there are many things that are problematic within the game that the wiki and guides help you deal with, but you DO NOT need any kind of 3rd party tool to create a successful build. It was done for YEARS before any 3rd party tools existed. And it can be done now, even though it is more difficult and requires more knowledge and experimentation to get to the end of the endgame than it did 5-10 years ago.

Trade has the most basic function to prevent any kind of scam from happening except with your own carelessness: you can't accept a trade until you have looked at both items. If you looked at the item and STILL accepted, that is 100% on you. This isn't about easy or hard trade, it is so elegantly simple and fixed the entire way scams used to happen. The scammer can't swap out their item at the last second anymore. Because that resets the acceptance checkmark. It is totally YOUR FAULT if you are in such a rush you don't make absolutely sure on big trades that might significantly affect you. Who the hell cares if the other party is impatient? That shouldn't affect YOU and YOUR trade. Just wait for the next person.

"Trade system is designed to encourage scamming"....no...it is actually designed exactly the opposite way.

"1/10th the dps of someone else"...YES YES YES, if you've been playing 3 months and someone else has been playing 5 years, YOU SHOULD BE DOING 1/10th THE DAMAGE.

This mindset is exactly why Chris has said in a podcast during Expedition league that most players quit after a10 Kitava.

The game expects a lot from you and offers nothing to help you learn without spending an ungodly sum of currency "experimenting" to figure it out on your own or resorting to third-party resources such as the wiki or guides. If doing the former, they barely know how to make currency and acts give next to nothing, so they'll quit the league assuming that mapping is going to have the same issues while expecting stronger and stronger gear to complete.

Sorry, but "be content with sub-par mapping content nooblord lol" isn't the solution. Neither is telling them to experiment when they already have no idea how to make the currency needed to waste for this. That just tells these people they should give up while they're ahead which will have long-term consequences to the game's health and player retention.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 27, 2023, 3:29:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info