I deleted Path of exile for more reasons and i will never play this game again!

1. This game is extremely supported by Streamer and their builds. You never have a chance as casual gamer.

2. You really have to copy builds of someone to reperesent their OP builds. Casual no Chance.

3. Stuff you need and want to buy to make a build stronger is meanwhile extreme expensive, everyone who own stashes to sell their stuff is extremly overrated.

4. You have to buy items to make you strenger, because you will not find anything for your build.

5. If you have the chance to sell a good item, especially the card "the doctor" you get spammed bmwith offers by criminal minds... you get spammed with offers... and they try to fool you with exalted instead of Devines!

I lost 18 devines because such a fooling. I know its my Fault,but why the hell, is it possible to fool the seller, if the one take devines and so it should not be possible to offer other items if there is no basis of negotiation?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have no chance to get devines, i lost 18 devines to safe everything to got one card of the doctor, i tried to push my second char and lost everything because of such a Criminal.i came back from work and was very tired so i did not realized after many trieings to fool me, that i just was to fast to permit this stupid offer of 18 exaulted.

Next, why i deleted after my mistake this game is...
If i wanna play on PC with my playstation Account, is not possible. There is no Chance to combine both Accounts because of stashes i was Paying for.
You have to pay for PC or Playstation or XBox separate.

With all that, you lost someone who is playing some long years!

I will never install your bullshit game ever again!
Even poe2 will come out. You lost me as a Potential Player.
Good buy
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2023, 6:02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I do not know why,but my gear was better than the recommendation gear and i never reach the damage of some builds.

I tried for example better helmets and somehow damage was going down instead going up. I am not sure how some builds makes millions of damage, when my gear was really close to theirs and i just had 10 thousands...

I am too stupid to understand, if on the helmet is plus % more damage and the other one have nothing to it?
Without any helmet the damage was raising a lot, with a helmet the damage was reduced...

Since years i did not understand, why this always happened to me. Since years of platin this game i never reached a char to get a damage like Streamer, even if my gear was better.

Whats the matter? Get i fooled by the game? I have toooo less follower maybe (0 because i do not Stream?)
Whats the matter?!

I deleted this stupid game for once and for All!
You made some good points, really sucks to be scammed out of that much money too.

its their fault for scamming you, if you fall prey to this behavior in the future i might lean towards agreeing with it being your fault but the first time nobody expects such toxic behavior until they experience it or are warned about it.
Innocence forgives you
Sucks dude, and not trying to convince you back or anything, but I can hazard a guess at your helmet situation if you like?
So like a lot of games nowadays, POE is all about multipliers, but where most games have maybe 1 or 2 axes to work on, when it comes to damage, POE has masses. A basic example would be increased damage x more damage x crit multiplier (different attacks, different multipliers you can choose from, but those ones often form a kind of base three for a lot of builds). If you're putting on a helmet with increased damage, but your damage was going down, it was probably because one of the other multipliers on the previous gear was worth a whole lot more to you than increasing something you were already invested in. Even if that new thing's figure was tiny in comparison. (If you've got 1 million base damage, and with a bunch of gear you increase it by 50%, well, you've got an extra half million damage, if instead you add a more multiplier you don't have, even if it's only like a 2x, that's an extra million already).

Short version, if you want to design your own build to do streamer levels of damage, tweaking gear isn't what you need to focus on anyway, worry first about cramming as many potential multipliers as you can onto one attack, and second, work on the lowest multipliers you have first if possible (increased damage type, more damage, dot multiplier, chance to deal double damage, enemies take increased damage from xyz, the list goes on. Perhaps one of the best examples is actually the current meta, builds are exploiting 'chain reaction' for exploding totems. Yes, the build would be strong anyway, but that extra multiplier they've managed to cram onto their damage is what takes it from a really solid build, to an insto uber boss killer. A single extra multiplier crammed in seriously makes that kind of exponential difference.

Yup, I would say "welcome to PoE" but you're leaving, so...

This game is designed to mislead you. The lack of information and bugged tooltips seem deliberate at this point and the game never clarifies a damn thing. They're so busy cranking out half-baked new league mechanics that they are completely unwilling to even remotely consider QoL changes like actually giving players the necessary info needed to craft a build without spending more time researching on google then actually playing the game. It is also sorely in need of a real trade system that belongs in a game in 2023 so the exploitive behavior most people engage in to scam others out of their hard-earned currency wont be possible any longer, but somehow they think that if they fix trade everyone will zoom through the game in a week and the economy will suddenly tank. They would literally rather gaslight their community with a longwinded pile of nonsense (the "this is why trading is stupid" manifesto") then actually figure out how their game is played so they can fix its many problems.
Look I don't wanna be that guy....but how in the world do you have 18 divines when you seem to not understand the basic mechanics of the game? There are far more experienced players that can go an entire league and never see 18 divines...

I'm just sayin...

Ed: I misunderstood, you were selling the card FOR the 18 divines. But still...wicked af luck to drop a Doctor card. I've literally never dropped a doctor card since they were invented, even when I was farming them exclusively.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 26, 2023, 8:50:58 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Look I don't wanna be that guy....but how in the world do you have 18 divines when you seem to not understand the basic mechanics of the game? There are far more experienced players that can go an entire league and never see 18 divines...

I'm just sayin...

He could be a "merchant" type player. I've played games before where some of the richest players completely lack all understanding of core game mechanics and manage to get rich on some knowledge of economics and so forth. As an example, I played Mabinogi for a long time, my main is level 25,000. (the game has no level cap, and nowadays 25k level is actually kinda low) One time I met a player who was only level 250 or so but was stronger then me because he had billions of gold and all the best gear. He didn't understand a damn thing about combat or what content was good and bad to run or what was easy or hard. He grew his characters power solely on economic know-how because he had a masters degree in economics and applied that knowledge to make himself rich IRL AND in Mabinogi. It happens.
Also, and perhaps this is the experience talking (its hard to remember what it was like starting out):

The game is VERY VERY simple if you just give it a tiny bit of thought. The only thing you really need to know is "increased" vs. "more". That's it. But EVEN if you don't know that, the vast majority of skills will show you what gives you more damage and you can LEARN what they mean.

At it's core, the game boils down to: you choose a skill. That skill describes exactly what it does. Is it elemental? Is it physical? Is it an attack or a spell? Just by reading that you should have nearly all the information you need to start building that skill.

Attack: your weapon matters.
Spell: you need non-weapon mods

Elemental: choose nonspecific elemental damage or the element of the skill

Supports: choose the supports that match the tags of your skill. Treat them the same as choosing gear mods: if its an attack choose attack supports. If its elemental, look for elemental damage. If its physical, choose physical supports. Just choose the ones with the highest numbers and no matter what you'll be fine. Might not be optimal, but thats all you need to scale damage in this game. By act 3, with a little thought and a little experimentation you will have enough base knowledge to get you at least through to maps, if not further.

Gear-wise, if you THINK an item is better than what you have on because you see that it has 3 elemental modifiers and your previous item only had 2...try it on and check your dps. Is it actually higher? No? Throw it away. Is it higher? keep it. The tooltip dps may not be exactly accurate, but it DOES move up and down correctly. Except in the case of minions.

Scaling damage and learning more vs. increased and things like that is super super easy and clear in the game if you think for yourself and don't let guides do the thinking for you. A poorly written guide won't tell you WHY things are good for the build and if you just blindly follow it you learn nothing. Case in point, the OPs expoerience with the game: you can't succeed without following a build guide. That simply isn't true. It's never been true. All the builds that exist came from players that decided to take it upon themselves to learn how the game works. Which you can do by just playing and experiencing the game.

Now, when we talk about defenses....THOSE are actually complicated
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 26, 2023, 9:20:55 PM
I really dislike it when someone complains about the game in the way OP describes in points 1 and 2. It SCREAMS of someone who, in their entire time with PoE, has never actually played the game. All they are doing is pressing "start" on a simulation and watching everything play out.

There are plenty of actual things to complain about...

Also, #4...just isn't true ESPECIALLY in the current state of the game. Fractured items drop all over the place and even without speccing into it almost everyone has a heap of essences. A decent fractured item plus an essence is basically good enough for every piece of gear until late red mapping. You can get 3 good mods easily on every piece of gear through: fracture, essence, crafting bench. No trade necessary.

@blortad: his 4th point shows that he does NOT play the market. In order to do that you need to know the value of items and be flipping them yourself. Clearly, he doesn't do that if he thinks you HAVE to buy items to progress.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 26, 2023, 9:26:34 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I really dislike it when someone complains about the game in the way OP describes in points 1 and 2. It SCREAMS of someone who, in their entire time with PoE, has never actually played the game. All they are doing is pressing "start" on a simulation and watching everything play out.

I have to second that... People seem to think the game needs to play itself or bend itself backwards for the player

There are TONS of stuff to complain about the game, but among the ones on op, only the unlisted 6th point(no cross-platform support) is legit

People love to call the loot worthless and stuff, but truth is: You only really need pricy stuff for juiced content, many people reach t16 maps with characters whose full set is not worth 100c

Its quite truth the game is hostile to self-created builds, but mostly at red maps and beyond. There ARE quite a bunch of skills that are mechanically awkward that cant get past story, but most skills(spells specially) work if you put some effort on it. They dont destroy the maps or stand a chance vs ubers, but they work, if nothing else. There are people goofing even with stuff like searing bond

And scammers... well, welcome to the internet i guess... my personal experience is that poe is actually quite light on those, compared to mobile games or good ol Diablo 2, its almost idlic(old players know what i mean, it was prety much law on D2 that every trade game must have at least one scammer present). Sucks to be tricked, but its gonna happen on RL as well, so might as well take as life lesson(internet lesson at least, always having some measure of distrust on strangers is good advice for browsing in general)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info