Beware of The Forbidden Trove - Discord's Negative Influence on the Path of ExIle

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Strickl3r wrote:

Just casually throws in the TFT Discord between things like Neversink's loot filter, PoB and Craft of Exile, like it belongs there. Sure mate.

TFT, or any discord for that matter, isn't a 3rd party source? That's an interesting take? What is it then?

And TFT is a monstrosity of a clown show. But it does have 400k+ users, and it's widely functioned as a service tool / trade hub. Is there some debate on that?

TFT is nowhere near in the same league as POB, Neversink, Ninja and Craft. I have nothing against TFT, especially after doing some research on that Beltan or whatever his name is, but don't even try to compare that discord to those.
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Strickl3r wrote:

Just casually throws in the TFT Discord between things like Neversink's loot filter, PoB and Craft of Exile, like it belongs there. Sure mate.

TFT, or any discord for that matter, isn't a 3rd party source? That's an interesting take? What is it then?

And TFT is a monstrosity of a clown show. But it does have 400k+ users, and it's widely functioned as a service tool / trade hub. Is there some debate on that?

TFT is nowhere near in the same league as POB, Neversink, Ninja and Craft. I have nothing against TFT, especially after doing some research on that Beltan or whatever his name is, but don't even try to compare that discord to those.

I mean you are entitled to your opinion, but it might be helpful to explain how you got there?

"Nowhere near", and "it doesn't compare" are not very insightful as to how you get to the take that TFT isn't a significant 3rd party tool in PoE.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 25, 2023, 12:06:55 PM
Its very easy to play without TFT, it isn't easy at all to play without PoB or customised filters.

As simple as that really

I'm sure some players will be like its easy to play without PoB but chances are they either remember builds made with PoB, or are using other resources other people made with PoB. Most players can't even follow/use PoB properly as it is lmao but it still feels necessary for the power requirements expected of us atm.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on May 25, 2023, 2:03:20 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Its very easy to play without TFT, it isn't easy at all to play without PoB or customised filters.

As simple as that really

Is it though? That would be true if everyone played the same way, but they don't.

There are many people that would find a lack, not of TFT specifically, but the service and qol it provides, a significant detriment to their experience. From Betrayal crafts to bulk Heist contract sales, TFT allows many players to interact in ways they otherwise couldn't.

And listen I despise TFT, I've never once used it. But I'm not naive or don't understand why others do given the lack of in-house trading tools from GGG. It's desgined that way of course, but it shouldn't be any surprise why what TFT offers is popular. Even if TFT folded, another similar service providing source would spring up simply because of demand.

Anyways I think you might be minimizing TFT and it's impact on the game. Its a big issue imo.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I'm not banned from TFT; however, I have absolutely zero nice things to say about their moderators.

I honestly won't risk saying anything other than that for fear of being banned.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Anyways I think you might be minimizing TFT and it's impact on the game. Its a big issue imo.

Not at all I think its a big issue they should have addressed far before now, but I don't think its as baked into the game as PoB or loot filters are is all.
"
Exsmigol wrote:
Lets be honest. The reason why TFT is still alive to this day is because a bunch of players use and enjoy the discord server.

Most bad reviews i see from the discord server are from people that got banned in the first place. They share half truths and complain how they are destroying POE.

[Removed by Support]

I will gladly redirect you here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3389989

I got banned for commenting in that forum post. This is what you should expect from them.

People who think this is a conspiracy clearly are very unaware because they profit from tft and this isn't affecting them (atleast now).
Last edited by axeltt012 on May 25, 2023, 3:34:39 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I mean you are entitled to your opinion, but it might be helpful to explain how you got there?

"Nowhere near", and "it doesn't compare" are not very insightful as to how you get to the take that TFT isn't a significant 3rd party tool in PoE.

A lot of players don't even know what TFT is. Can you say the same about the other 3rd party tools I listed? I'm not saying every player knows these tools, but just by searching what people recommend for players who are getting into endgame for the first time, you can have a pretty good idea. TFT is a niche service.
"
axeltt012 wrote:
"
Exsmigol wrote:
Lets be honest. The reason why TFT is still alive to this day is because a bunch of players use and enjoy the discord server.

Most bad reviews i see from the discord server are from people that got banned in the first place. They share half truths and complain how they are destroying POE.

[Removed by Support]

I will gladly redirect you here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3389989

I got banned for commenting in that forum post. This is what you should expect from them.

People who think this is a conspiracy clearly are very unaware because they profit from tft and this isn't affecting them (atleast now).

While clearly the post you quoted is gaslighitng people, and there are real concerns with how TFT is run, what exactly do you think GGG can / should do here? It's an entirely independent Discord, with significant player demand.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

A lot of players don't even know what TFT is. Can you say the same about the other 3rd party tools I listed? I'm not saying every player knows these tools, but just by searching what people recommend for players who are getting into endgame for the first time, you can have a pretty good idea. TFT is a niche service.

Could you explain to me how TFT is a niche community tool if it is the 13th most used discord over the world?

It's not because YOU do not use it that it make it any less of a thing.
Actually most people get to know TFT at the same time they get to know PoB or other tools these years.

It is a mandatory tool if you wanna make profit.
If you aren,t using it... well you are at a massive disadventage. for real

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. If this post doesn't affect you at all then why do you try to minimize it? You look sus af my friend
Last edited by axeltt012 on May 25, 2023, 3:54:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info