Beware of The Forbidden Trove - Discord's Negative Influence on the Path of ExIle

"
Until the trade site allows Searching some items like sextants in bulk - TFT is the answer.

I don't even know what people refer to with sentences like this. I've both sold and bought sextants in bulk through the trade site. I'm 100% sure I'm missing something here, but what?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Wish I could buy conqueror and elder guardian maps in bulk without messing with filters for several minutes. Trade site bulk only includes shaper maps now.
Here's a list of things you can't do on the Official trade website that you can do on TFT:

Publishing services (stay on a board so people can search it)
-Labyrinth enchant
-5 way hosting
-Party split cost (memories, Unique map completions, XP maps rotation, etc.)
-Benchcrafting service
-Betrayal Crafting service
-Boss Carry
-Act Rush service
-Challenge Carry
-Crucible Tree passive leveling Service
-Trader service
-Spectre service

Full tab selling

WTB Gear (help crafter target craft for profit and provide customer with asked item)

Build Selling/Buying (Trades of full builds)

Bulks selling/buying
-Item bases
-yellow Beast
-Red beast
-Charged Compass
-Logbooks
-Heist Blueprints
-Heist Contract
-Elder Guardian Maps
-Conqueror Maps
-Blood Filled Ritual Vessel
-Blight maps (mixed within a tier level)

A lot of those options enable new ways to farm for people and participate in the economy. Not being on TFT means that you lose on a lot of opportunities.

I also have to explain that selling in bulks often result in better profits for the player who sell because it offer a convenience fee. I myself made over 50% MORE profit from using that tool.

It would be nice to have GGG address those issues so that everyone have access to those tools without having to join a 3rd party discord.

Some ideas to adress these issues:

-Some of the services such as Betreyal and Labyrinth enchants should be
itemised.

-The party Board in game should have categories and shouldn't lock you
in a party. People would have to message you from the board to request an
invite. Also you should be able to post multiple services (up to a maximum).

-There should be the same seller filter for the Search Item Filter
page than the one in the Bulk Item Exchange page.

This would enable players to search for items with specific stats in bulks.
That would cover things like elder maps that can only be searched through
the tag Map is occupied by the X.

Last edited by axeltt012 on May 29, 2023, 10:09:46 AM
Things that can't be itemized will always require a level of trust between people and there's no way to guarantee compliance without a tribunal that kicks people out for not following the rules. GGG is not going to pay support staff to do all the things that TFT janitors do. They're not a small indie company they're a huge behemoth chasing profits.

Everything boils down to Chris wanting the trading friction. Certain improvements will never be made.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Until the trade site allows Searching some items like sextants in bulk - TFT is the answer.

I don't even know what people refer to with sentences like this. I've both sold and bought sextants in bulk through the trade site. I'm 100% sure I'm missing something here, but what?

It is easier to buy and sell in bulk on TFT. I've bought bulk sextants from the trade site but is more a matter of luck. I ask "how many do you have?" and they seller can answer with "only 1" or "10+". Sellers of bulk sextants on TFT will list their entire stock up front. You will know before you contact them that they will have the 43 Jun sextants you need at the price you need.

So the ease of bulk buying and selling on TFT is how streamers farm up their headhunters/magebloods by day 3. They can even outsource their bulk buying/selling on TFT for even less hassle. If TFT were gone, it would be harder for streamers to farm up their mageblood. Won't someone please think about the streamers?!?!
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on May 29, 2023, 12:48:58 PM
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
It is easier to buy and sell in bulk on TFT. I've bought bulk sextants from the trade site but is more a matter of luck. I ask "how many do you have?" and they seller can answer with "only 1" or "10+". Sellers of bulk sextants on TFT will list their entire stock up front. You will know before you contact them that they will have the 43 Jun sextants you need at the price you need.

I still don't understand. You can search (in bulk trades) on the official site for minimum stock. I can't possibly see how TFT is easier than that. If you limit your search for players with more than 50 sextants up for sale, there's no need to ask "how many do you have?" You know how many he's got.

Don't get me wrong here, I understand perfectly well that TFT is better for stuff that the official site does not support. But for items you can bulk search/sell on the official site? I'm lost.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 29, 2023, 1:16:00 PM
"
zakalwe55 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

So the ease of bulk buying and selling on TFT is how streamers farm up their headhunters/magebloods by day 3. They can even outsource their bulk buying/selling on TFT for even less hassle. If TFT were gone, it would be harder for streamers to farm up their mageblood. Won't someone please think about the streamers?!?!

What do you mean? You can see how many of whatever the person is selling on the official bulk trade. You message them exactly how many you want and how much you're gonna pay. There's no luck other than hoping whoever you message replies.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

I still don't understand. You can search (in bulk trades) on the official site for minimum stock. I can't possibly see how TFT is easier than that. If you limit your search for players with more than 50 sextants up for sale, there's no need to ask "how many do you have?" You know how many he's got.

Don't get me wrong here, I understand perfectly well that TFT is better for stuff that the official site does not support. But for items you can bulk search/sell on the official site? I'm lost.

Ah, I didn't know that bulk trade section worked for specific compasses. I've only used the bulk trade section for scarabs sometimes. My whispers on that section are mostly ignored.

I get the feeling that TFT is easier to use than the official trade site because whispers are NOT ignored and at least for this league, TFT uptime >>>> POE trade site uptime.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
zakalwe55 wrote:

He's talking about charged compass with mods already on. People sell them in bulks on TFT while on the main website you can't search a specific mod and find how many someone has without asking them.

Please help me if it is possible... But I do not see it on the trade website at all. I can choose ''compass'' but not the mod on them:

I think you misunderstand what the person asked because you think he's asking for the currency.

For anyone who use TFT it was obvious what he meant. People buy in bulks their charged compass for their strat to run it forever without having to trade each time they open a map. I myself used to buy about 200 charged compass for extra legion before starting my mapping session. It required only 1 to 3 trades.
If I want 200 times the charged compass with extra Legion with the official website I need to trade with 200 people one by one.

People optimize their time mapping. They buy all they need for an 8 hour session then play the entire time. After they're done playing they can list their entire inventory on TFT in few clicks and sell everything in bulks in few minutes.

If you aren't bulk trading you are missing on a lot of currencies.
Last edited by axeltt012 on May 29, 2023, 3:32:07 PM
"
axeltt012 wrote:
He's talking about charged compass with mods already on.

Then why didn't he say so, would've saved so many letters. As I said, I understand perfectly well why people use TFT for stuff the official trade site can't do. He only mentioned "sextants", not "sextant mods" or "compasses". I got lost, probably my bad.

"
If you aren't bulk trading you are missing on a lot of currencies.

You are. But it's not a "requirement" - not to "get rich" or to "beat the game".

Now, the question is always: Should some things be limited? Should there exist stuff you should not have great access to? Or should you be able to get exactly what you want, when you want it - as long as you can "afford" it?

I'm not taking sides here, just asking the question.

Anyhow, my answer would be: IF certain things are 'supposed' to be limited, GGG should limit them. If certain things are not meant to be limited, GGG should give us the tools to acquire it. Gating access behind an artificial inconvenience wall is probably the worst solution.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 29, 2023, 4:26:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info