Beware of The Forbidden Trove - Discord's Negative Influence on the Path of ExIle

"
imanubcake wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
This is really suspect...since Belton all this guys are coming on the forums with posts like this.

People, stop it...you got banned you were removed from TFT...Now you cannot use it anymore, no point in telling people how bad it is...people will still use it as long as GGG trading system remains in the garbo state it is.

I will even go and support the discord right now, as it brings me great joy to give money to people who actually work...

And by work I mean, they put effort to keep sane a community that rarely lowers herself to scam, you can buy sell services, bulk sell, clear stashes ...Things GGG won't do ever, because you need incentive to w/ 5000 people before getting a goldrim . This in return will bring you great joy for the next 60 levels you will get using it =))

"giving money to people who actually work"
rmt confirmed

Well most of their tools are better work than GGG has done..

Also you can believe what you want, it will not make it true or confirmed.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
Well most of their tools are better work than GGG has done..

This is what happens when gaming companies rely on 3rd party tools to operate. This game would fall on its face if the 3rd part developers stopped their portion of things.
"
Nulledout wrote:

This is what happens when gaming companies rely on 3rd party tools to operate. This game would fall on its face if the 3rd part developers stopped their portion of things.

Not at all, It would be fine.

A lot of people would fall flat on their faces without the convenience of a private economy though and i guess a couple people would have some trouble paying rent :)
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on May 25, 2023, 10:03:38 AM
"
"
Nulledout wrote:

A lot of people would fall flat on their faces without the convenience of a private economy though and i guess a couple people would have some trouble paying rent :)

I think that is minimizing the impact 3rd party tools have on this game, by a wide margin.

If you eliminated PoB, Neversink filters, Awakened PoE trade, TFT, PoEDB, Craft of Exile, just to name a few, you would see a signficnat playerbase reduction. If you just look at the user number data and / or downloads, you would be somewhere north of 30% or so right off the bat. Combine that with a few more that it's harder to get data on, and I'd guess probably around 50% in total, conservatively.

I don't think potentially losing half your players qualifies as "fine". That said, it's never going to happen. GGG knows these tools are too big to fail at this point, and they won't do anything about it.

Hell the most common existing tools violate their vague 3rd party ToS statement anyways, so they already pick and choose what they want to enforce right now.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
"
Nulledout wrote:

I think that is minimizing the impact 3rd party tools have on this game, by a wide margin.

If you eliminated PoB, Neversink filters, Awakened PoE trade, TFT, PoEDB, Craft of Exile, just to name a few, you would see a signficnat playerbase reduction. If you just look at the user number data and / or downloads, you would be somewhere north of 30% or so right off the bat. Combine that with a few more that it's harder to get data on, and I'd guess probably around 50% in total, conservatively.

I don't think potentially losing half your players qualifies as "fine". That said, it's never going to happen. GGG knows these tools are too big to fail at this point, and they won't do anything about it.

Hell the most common existing tools violate their vague 3rd party ToS statement anyways, so they already pick and choose what they want to enforce right now.

Just casually throws in the TFT Discord between things like Neversink's loot filter, PoB and Craft of Exile, like it belongs there. Sure mate.
"

That's for sure lol
The game was in a good state way before all of these 3rd party tools were a thing.

So sure the game would be fine without tft or awakened trade.
It would probably be even in a better state without all the third party trade bots.

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Strickl3r wrote:

Just casually throws in the TFT Discord between things like Neversink's loot filter, PoB and Craft of Exile, like it belongs there. Sure mate.

TFT, or any discord for that matter, isn't a 3rd party source? That's an interesting take? What is it then?

And TFT is a monstrosity of a clown show. But it does have 400k+ users, and it's widely functioned as a service tool / trade hub. Is there some debate on that?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 25, 2023, 11:11:50 AM
To be fair, I dont think EVERY user of those tools you mentioned would outright quit the game without them.

People make do if they like the product. Those tools make things easier, and people will always gravitate towards the path of least resistance.

Without them, they find another way.
Last edited by superbomb1967 on May 25, 2023, 11:12:47 AM
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
To be fair, I dont think EVERY user of those tools you mentioned would outright quit the game without them.

Agreed, there is no way to actually quantify that. It's really just a best guess percentage wise.

Again it's all hypothetical. GGG isn't going to risk it anyways. At least not for what exists today from a tool standpoint.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Strickl3r wrote:

TFT, or any discord for that matter, isn't a 3rd party source? That's an interesting take? What is it then?

And TFT is a monstrosity of a clown show. But it does have 400k+ users, and it's widely functioned as a service tool / trade hub. Is there some debate on that?

I don't think they got 400k users as in 400k real individual persons that play the game. There is probably some way to blow these numbers up big time. The majority of poe players are not using third party stuff is my guess. You don't need third party stuff to play through the campaign ssf and that is what the majority does according to official statements.

I am lvl 99, 50% to level 100 this league and have never used TFT and have never been in a 5 way(in game aswell as irl... *cough cough*).
TFT smells like a shady place to me, no like. 5 ways seem like a shady way to level up. Let's skip the biggest part of the game, so we can play a couple of hours with a new build until we get bored while at the same time openening forum/reddit threads about how they should make an option to skip the campaign, yay lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info