Beware of The Forbidden Trove - Discord's Negative Influence on the Path of ExIle

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/13onxfh/beware_of_the_forbidden_trove_discords_negative/

TL;DR: The TFT moderators are attempting to build a RICO case against Belton's Discord due to a video exposing real money trading (RMT) on TFT. As a result, I was banned for selling a shield on the Discord of a known TFT critic. This shows their evil monopolistic intentions.

In reality, this means that guilt is being imposed based on association. I attempted to sell a shield for a lower price on a rival Discord and got banned for it. It is completely unethical. Now, with over 450,000 users likely not wanting to trade with me, refusing to associate with me, and stigmatizing me, it's all for selling a shield at a discounted price on a different Discord. This is absurd.
Last bumped on May 31, 2023, 7:56:52 AM
Lets be honest. The reason why TFT is still alive to this day is because a bunch of players use and enjoy the discord server.

Most bad reviews i see from the discord server are from people that got banned in the first place. They share half truths and complain how they are destroying POE.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Drew_GGG on May 22, 2023, 10:31:48 AM
Hoho

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on May 22, 2023, 10:49:41 AM
Honestly, I use TFT because it's the easiest way to do some trades. Having used it for that for years now, without a single issue, I don't really care if TFT is going to war against other discord servers. I couldn't care less tbh.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
TFT has been a plague for PoE for a long time. I actually gave up posting about it for a couple of reasons.

1. There is nothing illegal about RMT other than ToS from GGG which they can decide to pursue and enforce as they wish. They don't as far as TFT goes.

2. TFT, like any other Discord, is totally voluntary, a community driven source, so it really can't be a "monopoly". You decide whether to use it or not. Sure the following is pretty big, but it isn't unique in the services it offers. There are other options. GGG can't control Discords anyway.

3. Overall GGG doesn't really care. Not about any of the prevalent 3rd party programs that dominate the game. (PoB, Awakened PoE, Craft of Exile, etc)

4. For trade specifically, GGG has been so stubborn and doesn't want to adapt to the changes the game has seen over the years. All this does is push people to non-GGG controlled options. The state of looting, trading, and crafting, is quite bad actually.

5. The bigger tools have grown beyond GGG's ability to address them. PoB, Neversink filters, Awakened PoE trade, TFT, PoEdb, are all basically required to play the game at a reasonable level. Without them the player population would plummet. The years of passing off QoL and accessibility tools have rendered GGG completely helpless in this space. Truly a deal with the devil, as I'm sure they don't really like many of the things players are able to do with these tools.

TLDR: TFT, PoB, Awakened PoE Trade, Neversink filters, PoEdb, are all too big to fail. GGG knows without them, their player population suffers. It's completely beyond their control unless they want to ban massive amounts of players, which is never happening.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Banned from tft for using belton? Then just only use Belton. It grows, tft shrinks, market corrects itself. Whats the problem?
Last edited by SoulMule on May 22, 2023, 7:14:40 PM
I don't like that they ban people for trading with certain unpersoned people but it's their private server and they can do what they want.

GGG wants TFT to run all trading and services in PoE. Players are required to play nice with them or find a different game to play entirely. It saves GGG a lot of money upfront on support staff and dev costs so it makes sense. Nothing will change unless player numbers go down.
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Do I like the fact that a group of players have this much control/power over the economy? Of course not. But we can't blame TFT. All of this is on GGG for:

a) Not creating in-game support for certain features
b) Not putting their foot down
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Do I like the fact that a group of players have this much control/power over the economy? Of course not. But we can't blame TFT. All of this is on GGG for:

a) Not creating in-game support for certain features
b) Not putting their foot down

This.

F

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info