JUST GOT MY DIABLO 3 DIGITAL COPY REFUND!

"
EvilMoogle wrote:
Well I haven't even tried the game yet, although it is getting really good reviews.

Will there be an OB soon before the supporter packs are made unavailable?

OB is currently projected for July-ish. Getcher red-hot Supporter packs while you can!

And congratulations on getting clean. Welcome (over)board, Exile! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
What? They allow refunds?
"
Metronomy wrote:
What? They allow refunds?

From what I heard, within 30 days of purchase. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
And this is what is wrong with america today. Pay for something and play it for two weeks, using there valuable resources (Not like they can resell it after you open it) then try and return it because it is not perfect for you. It is EXACTLY what it advertises, you bought it, you should have to have your money stay spent

Pictures or it never happened.
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Last edited by necromuso on May 30, 2012, 3:05:45 PM
"
necromuso wrote:
And this is what is wrong with america today. Pay for something and play it for two weeks, using there valuable resources (Not like they can resell it after you open it) then try and return it because it is not perfect for you. It is EXACTLY what it advertises, you bought it, you should have to have your money stay spent

I've never been able to return a used "key" game.

I don't know how I feel about this. Seems like a great return proposal, but doesn't this mean players can just finish a game in a week and then get a refund? How does that work? Isn't it just like pirating?
"
Eldencross wrote:
"
necromuso wrote:

I don't know how I feel about this. Seems like a great return proposal, but doesn't this mean players can just finish a game in a week and then get a refund? How does that work? Isn't it just like pirating?

Yeah, I have never heard of this either. They must have had some seriously upset people and pending lawsuits in the works if they offered it....
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Eldencross wrote:
"
necromuso wrote:

Yeah, I have never heard of this either. They must have had some seriously upset people and pending lawsuits in the works if they offered it....

Someone posted a link to an article about a bunch of hopping-mad Koreans who demanded refunds, under weight of Korean law, IIRC. I suspect that Blizzivision knew that, having issued those refunds, everybody else in the world would expect the same treatment, regardless of local law. =^[.]^=
Ray has a good point,going to look into this.
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
"
necromuso wrote:

Actually what is wrong with people in America today is people are given shit and they eat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM

That is what Blizzard advertised. I'll even sum it up for you!

- "Diablo has no roles to perfect"
- "Diablo focuses on viable builds"
- "Viable over optimal"
- "Customization = self-expression"
- "Our job = lots of viable builds"
- "Go! Have fun! Be free!"
- "Make the Diablo character YOU want to make"

Guess what?

Everything Jay Wilson said was bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Zd7YD3uuM

(My 60 monk solo inferno video) because there is pretty much only 1 build for every class that is even viable in Inferno 90% of the spells in the game are USELESS, NOT VIABLE, which means NO CUSTOMIZATION, NO FREEDOM, NO FUN, forced into tanking (ROLE) as melee which is total bullshit and completely against everything he said at Blizzcon.

So yeah I got my refund, because I was ripped off and so was everyone else.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2v2yzrd.png

Fuck Jay Wilson and fuck Blizzard.

By the way I am enjoying Path of Exile, it is really sad that Blizzard has so much more money than the money being put into creating Path of Exile and they couldn't even fulfill their promises. Instead their main focus is their desire to create Diablo 3 into a cash cow like WoW by forcing the RMAH on everyone.
Last edited by EvilMoogle on May 30, 2012, 7:05:51 PM
"
necromuso wrote:

Ignoring the nationalism of this post (I'm Australian), I sincerely do pity all the people who feel Diablo 3 was so unsatisfactory that they have to return it for money. As is well known, I dodged that bullet, but I have lots of friends who play and love D3. They don't feel like they've not gotten their money's worth, and good for them I say.

Diablo 3 is exactly what it advertised. Necromuso is very much right there. Anyone who claims they didn't see the issues of the game coming didn't do their research and/or think for a moment about what happens when the world's most pre-ordered game *in history* goes live in one day.

So while I pity the people, I also think, well, it's not like you weren't warned. It's not as if there weren't signs that this Diablo release wasn't going to be the same as the others in the past. It's your money -- don't spend it so recklessly next time. That's what I want to say, even if I look like a hypocrite saying so.

But if GGG goes down and PoE flops, you won't see me lining up for a $1000 refund.

I'll add, then, to what necromuso said, in stating that another thing wrong with not just America but any nation of relative wealth and privilege: people need to own their mistakes and not expect a respec on their bank balance.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info