0.10.6b Patch Notes

Do u know some hacking going on in the Game now?

My friends from China they have some programs that

open like 8-9 or above game in one computer

and they can just keep farming by themselves without control

better just stop ppl opening more then one game in one computer

it will just stop the economy kept crashing like hell
IGN: kevinmartins
Last edited by risingvirtue on Apr 17, 2013, 1:47:04 PM
Nevermind
Last edited by AtlasTelamon on Apr 17, 2013, 10:54:47 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
stuff

Came here to post what you did pretty much... so yeah :/
"
Yogabba wrote:

Oh ya because there are so many zones with enough exploding mobs to make a difference lol. You know full well this pretty much ONLY matters in Western Forest lets not be disingenuous.

When I play a map inhabited with bandids (or western forest), about 30-40% of them are exploding guys, sometimes even more. When I play a lvl inhabited with sea wiches (or the lvl before merveil and the lvl before the ledge) more than 50-60% off all mobs are exploding minions.
When I do sarn slums all minions are exploding.
All these lvls with exploding mobs in the normal game are already being skipped by almost everybody even WITH XP!

"
Yogabba wrote:

It diversifies the levelling process as a whole not just races. In D3 people farm one act over and over again until people get bored. By doing tweaks like this you avoid that because it forces people to find other efficient levelling zones and areas.

Why balancing the levelling process anyway? If GGG really wants a smooth balanced lvelling process the first thing they have to do is to remove all these ridiculous OP low lvl (unique and rare) weapons.

And how is this map system better than the system in D3? Imho both systems are crap (or lets say the map system would be nice as additional content but not as main content).
All maps are basically the same. The same droprate, the same uniques and the same random monsters in every map.
God I really miss a good endgame system like in D2 with dozends of good farmspots with different drop rates, bossruns, levelruns, questruns, special events...

In D3 you just do the highest act over and over and in PoE you just do the highest map over and over because in both cases its the only thing where something good and expensive can drop...
Imho the system in D3 is better - at least you dont have to pay for every little endgame content. Despite using chisels, regals, alchs and chaos on my higher maps to get mob pack size or more magic monsters and 50+% quantity I didnt even get to higher maps than lvl 71 because of the silly map droprate.

"
Austronaut wrote:

This game goes in a rly wrong direction since open beta started...

Well the new melee skills are a very good idea and I like that there are more and more uniques (and this game really still needs a lot of uniques - e.g. there still is not a single 1H weapon you really can use in lategame...)

But you are also right imho:
- The EA nerf wasnt really necessary. As I said in CB, now almost nobody uses EA anymore and Quillrain is a 1 chaos crap bow.

- Underused crap skills like e.g. puncture or arctic breath are still underused while still almost everybody uses FP.

- Casters are totally OP now since Shavronne and the new totem chest.

- And the economy is getting more and more worse because you cant merge smaller orbs into GCP into divines and into exalted. Exalted and maybe scouring/chance are the only orbs wich are still worth a thing because of that

@risingvirtue:
Yeah all these bots and other cheats like multiboxing are the main problem.
And cheating and scamming always were the only ways to get really rich in a hack and slay.
(just like in real life)
I think there is enough biodiversity in the monsters in Western Forest and elsewhere, where the exploding monsters aren't actually that big of an issue. You say people are actively exploiting the exploding mobs, but I fail to see how.

I like the gameplay of avoiding them exploding rather than having to kill them.

Step in the WRONG DIRECTION with this change. I vehemently am against it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think someone could just put on life regen in Cavern of Anger and allow a boss mob to just summon exploders over and over again.

So basically people were going afk at Merveil and gaining XP and fat loots with huge life regen and exploders.

Sad.
Last edited by Verminoth on Apr 17, 2013, 12:21:44 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
ShaeG wrote:
That sounds like the dumbest change I have ever heard in any games patch notes. Is there seriously so many exploding mobs that people are actively exploiting this and reaping tons of benefits?

Yes.

"
ShaeG wrote:
How about fix people doing 70,000 DPS http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273289

Our balance patch is being deployed on Friday, as I mentioned.

So, someone finds a strong build after several days of testing, and you just nerf it in his face?

I remember a company that did exactly that. People figured they could get 200,000 DPS on Wizard and Demon Hunters by stacking attack speed in Diablo III, so blizzard nerfed attack speed.
The week after that 50% of the game's population had quit.

GGG, don't NERF stuff, BUFF the stuff that is not strong enough. Stop NERFING, people don't like it!

If I discover an OP build, I swear to god I'm going to tell no one, not make a single post about it, not show it in groups except with trusted friends, that way it will stay secret. It would get nerfed the next day for sure if even ONE person from the public hears about it.

Very sad. You have to stop taking such stances.
IGN: TimeForSpectralThrow / iLikeShockNova
Last edited by Daxtreme on Apr 17, 2013, 1:18:32 PM
"
Cool. Is season2 going to be any friendlier to the casual player? It seems most of the races take place during the day when I am at work and the americans (since it's night time there) can compete *sigh*

trust me season 1 and now season 2 have awful schedules if you live in the US and have a job.

I can do 1 race a day if I stay up til 1am. If I dont want to stay up that late, there are 0 races I can do.

I work a 9-5, so I get home at 5:30.

I cant do the 5pm since I wont be able to compete, so my only option is to wait almost 6 hours. Why this stupid gap in races? They have a race every 2-3 hours all day, until 5pm, then they stop. I think GGG is more concentrated on their own time zone, or maybe europe? I guess at least pacific US can do a race at 8pm and midnight, but nothing for us east cost players that have jobs.

Any way season 3 can have some 6pm and 9pm races. We've been shut out twice now.
Last edited by zuj on Apr 17, 2013, 1:54:05 PM
"
Daxtreme wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
ShaeG wrote:
That sounds like the dumbest change I have ever heard in any games patch notes. Is there seriously so many exploding mobs that people are actively exploiting this and reaping tons of benefits?

Yes.

"
ShaeG wrote:
How about fix people doing 70,000 DPS http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273289

Our balance patch is being deployed on Friday, as I mentioned.

So, someone finds a strong build after several days of testing, and you just nerf it in his face?

I remember a company that did exactly that. People figured they could get 200,000 DPS on Wizard and Demon Hunters by stacking attack speed in Diablo III, so blizzard nerfed attack speed.
The week after that 50% of the game's population had quit.

GGG, don't NERF stuff, BUFF the stuff that is not strong enough. Stop NERFING, people don't like it!

If I discover an OP build, I swear to god I'm going to tell no one, not make a single post about it, not show it in groups except with trusted friends, that way it will stay secret. It would get nerfed the next day for sure if even ONE person from the public hears about it.

Very sad. You have to stop taking such stances.

Im working on videos for my new build as we speak which is even stronger.......
Yes I am aware this new video series i'm releasing will most likely get nerfed as well, Yes I will still release it, yes i have hundreds of people alrdy waiting to reroll to try it. AND YES I WILL STILL RELEASE IT KNOWING IT MAY VERY WELL GET NERFED WITHIN DAYS EVEN THOUGH I SPENT COUNTLESS EXALTS AND WEEKS OF MY TIME MAKING A FOLLOW UP BUILD THATS EVEN MORE BROKEN.

GGG has an awesome game and i will never quit no matter how many of my builds get nerfed.....
I wil stop playing the day i get bored with POE, It's unfortunate for the people who follow my builds, spend the only currencies they have trying to make it work... It doesn't effect me because I am over 100exalts+ deep with all my gear already which is worth prolly the same.

Keep nerfing IDC, but the people who don't have the same kind of wealth I do...... well i feel bad for them because they put time and effort into making something amazing only to be spit on.

Kepp up the good work GGG we all love your game, I guess it's just a tough reality non wealthy players have to face.

Don't do good builds, they'll get nerfed. Lets just have 1 build that kripp or nugi made and have 95% of players roll that since they don't get nerfed, it's a safe way to progress since variety is punishable in this game.

VIDEOS BEING UPLOADED AS WE SPEAK ON NEW BUILD, BE PREPARED FOR THE BROKEN.
"
Daxtreme wrote:

You cannot nerf such a build anyway as the build doesnt really matter in POE.
I mean the build is good, because it uses a lot of MORE multipliers and with another build you will probably do less dmg.
But with such a 6L 1.6 att/sec sword you can do almost anything and it will work. (if you have enough defense aswell)

If they nerf the skill lightning strike or the support gems or something like that, melee will be even worse for most players while players with insane weapons dont even care about the nerf.

I am not sure if there should be a nerf, but if GGG thinks it has to be nerfed then plz nerf HIGH END GEAR (like those 2H weapons, shavronne...) and not the skills/passives!!!
Last edited by azraelb on Apr 17, 2013, 2:27:32 PM
Offtopic:

The rings in Chris' signature, will we be seeing different base rings? D:

10-40 ES Ring
Accuracy ring, etc
@ShunTzu
@Daedalouxx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info