[DEAD] Explode Totem Pathfinder

"
lehlehich wrote:
I'm experiencing some bug.

This flask i crafted doesen't work on full life (with or without petrified blood). Seems like Master Surgeon doesent apply to it. Did you encounter this problem?

It may or may not relate to networking mode, swap between lockstep/predictive to see if it can be fixed.
Right, just fire.
"
VV_Klim wrote:
planned lvl pob ? (novice player)

At this point I would not recommend anyone to try this build.

Patch notes will come out this Thursday/Friday, where GGG has already mentioned a rework on totem explode mod for standard players. Build will not survive after 18 August.

And since crucible is not going core you will not be able to play this build in leagues ever again.

Kinda bad timing for finding this post, I am sorry about that.

Reference: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3408442
Right, just fire.
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
lehlehich wrote:

This flask i crafted doesen't work on full life (with or without petrified blood). Seems like Master Surgeon doesent apply to it. Did you encounter this problem?

It may or may not relate to networking mode, swap between lockstep/predictive to see if it can be fixed.

Tried that, didn't help. Life flask stopped working on filled life just after i've crafted stun immunity, every other life flask without this craft works as intended.
"
lehlehich wrote:
"
FunRoom wrote:
"
lehlehich wrote:

Tried that, didn't help. Life flask stopped working on filled life just after i've crafted stun immunity, every other life flask without this craft works as intended.

Some players contacted me about this issue before, and we couldn't really locate the exact reason for this to happen, one even told me that somehow it is fixed after a few days without any tweaking. So sorry I can't help much here, but please let me know if you discover anything.
Right, just fire.
I am still enjoying the last moments of this build, just levelled it. I've read the guide probably 10 times and analyzed the PoBs, but I am missing something.

1. Are the "Flask way" and the "1. The bloodnotch and immutable force jewel" way of defence mutually exclusive?
2. The PoB labelled MOM, does it stand for Mind over Matter? But that PoB is not using the Bloodnotch and Immutable Force jewel combo.
3. In the jewel combo variant, where do you get MoM from?
4. The MOM PoB has a whooping 200k EHP (but it doesn't use the aforementioned gem combo), it looks like the tankiest version, where is this tankiness coming from?
5. Buut the PoB from the video of tanking Uber Shaper is the Lifetap version with "only" 60k EHP, I don't get it how you can tank all that with 2.2k life...
6. None of the PoBs use Slavedriver's Hand, so I am assuming SH is not BiS?

Sorry for the multitude of questions but they all resolve around most tankiness / MoM.

It's a beautiful build that I've discovered way too late and I have litte time left to comprehend it...
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Aug 10, 2023, 4:33:22 PM
"
Jadran wrote:
I am still enjoying the last moments of this build, just levelled it. I've read the guide probably 10 times and analyzed the PoBs, but I am missing something.

1. Are the "Flask way" and the "1. The bloodnotch and immutable force jewel" way of defence mutually exclusive?
2. The PoB labelled MOM, does it stand for Mind over Matter? But that PoB is not using the Bloodnotch and Immutable Force jewel combo.
3. In the jewel combo variant, where do you get MoM from?
4. The MOM PoB has a whooping 200k EHP (but it doesn't use the aforementioned gem combo), it looks like the tankiest version, where is this tankiness coming from?
5. Buut the PoB from the video of tanking Uber Shaper is the Lifetap version with "only" 60k EHP, I don't get it how you can tank all that with 2.2k life...
6. None of the PoBs use Slavedriver's Hand, so I am assuming SH is not BiS?

Sorry for the multitude of questions but they all resolve around most tankiness / MoM.

It's a beautiful build that I've discovered way too late and I have litte time left to comprehend it...

1. These 2 methods do the same thing, which is a burst of life recovery allowing you to take the next non-lethal hit (except mine does the burst all the time). So using both does not improve much.
This flask life hack (pun intended) also works in any build as long as you are a pathfinder.

2. MoM is Mind over Matter. I used MoM EB since the timeless keystone grants life recovery to ES as well.

3. It is from Crucible Passive Tree. Very hard to get.

4. Likely due to Vaal Arctic Armour checked by default. I probably didn't turn it off in PoB because I switch my build to another version without MoM. The newer one has the more accurate offence/defense values but the old one may not.

5. Flasks are the core part in getting defenses. I put most time tweaking flasks until I can reliably tank every uber shaper skills. Using sapphire would save a lot of time but I even managed to do it without. Then it is alternate quality Petrified Blood minimizing the upfront hit damage taken. Along with Progenesis I think I initially take only around 25%-ish of any hit damage?

6. I actively avoid using expensive unique items when I explore builds so this is a variation where both bloodnotch and slavedriver are not mandatory, but still works in a similar way. Using the uniques (most people do, according to Ninja) would be much simpler but less fun on experimenting. I think my build is fairly comfortable (ignoring the life flask part) and cheap to make if you really like to kill things in 1 hit instead of damage over time.
Right, just fire.
Thank you for the explanations! I am looking forward to new interesting builds you might come up with in 3.22 (hopefully) :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
sorry for your loss :(

is there a list of totems and their hp?
Okay so can someone clarify: I have weaps with cruci trees. Do they still work or are they just vestigial at this point? Had squirreled away a totem explode bow but if there's no point to try to build around that I won't bother.

Thanks in advance y'all
I want to rock right meow
"
Laeortia wrote:
Okay so can someone clarify: I have weaps with cruci trees. Do they still work or are they just vestigial at this point? Had squirreled away a totem explode bow but if there's no point to try to build around that I won't bother.

Thanks in advance y'all

The totem explode mod on your bow will be nerfed by 20x tomorrow. Don't bother trying it.
Right, just fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info