3.21.0c Hotfix

It's pretty feelsbad if GGG doesn't buff the damage of Twisters to compensate here.

Twisters could hit 30 procs/sec last league too, only thing that changed is triggerbots making it 60.

GGG, 10 is not "twice" that of 30.

Even with good gear at best we can hit 15 procs a sec. Last league in Sanctum we could do 30/sec.

Double Twisters damage and it's valid, otherwise it's an unnecessary huge nerf mid league to tonnes of folks who just invested currency in the build.

Prayers for all my fellow Toucans 🙏
Supaspork tested it, trigger rate isn't the problem. It's Curse on Hit and triggerbots. Take away this garbage cooldown and make it not curse on hit or work with triggerbots, and you're set. Instead of murdering yet another fun non-meta build because someone doesn't know how to balance correctly.
While doubling the projectiles with trigger bots is a problem, I don't think that's the only issue here.
Another issue here is that there are crucible tree nodes that have 10 reduced skill effect duration.
This allows for reducing skill effect duration all the way down to 99% reduced. Technically, we can get all the way to 106% reduced but skills just cease to function at 100%.
99% reduced, which to my knowledge, wasn't previously possible, combined with a few sources of less duration and you can get Aspect of the Avian to flip every server tick.

AKA 1-tick Twister

That is likely the true culprit here.

I would rather them make 1-tick Twister impossible by getting rid of the crucible tree nodes than by adding this cooldown. If 2-tick is still a huge problem for the servers, they haven't fixed that. 2-tick is still fairly attainable this league and won't be impossible in the future, even without crucible trees (barring further nerfs of course).

Or they should just do what they do best and "rework" the skill entirely.
Maybe make it spit out full on tornado skills @ 1/10th the rate (bypassing the usual limit of 1) or something.
Unfortunate to see such a unique skill hamstrung by hardware limitations.
Last edited by LogicEngineer on Apr 14, 2023, 3:07:55 PM
LogicEngineer:

Naw mate, we were able to hit 30 procs/second in Sanctum and Kalandra league, that is not a new thing.

What DID change are two things.

1. Triggerbots doubled procs from 30/sec to 60/sec

2. The much much MUCH easier ability to put on Curse on Hit Gloves

Now the latter is what matters, I confirmed this myself in prior leagues, if you combined Curse on Hit gloves (which have no CD) with rapid hits/sec, it lags the hell out of the server, especially when its Despair + Poison stacks.

Prior folks needed nearly perfect rolled Saqawal gloves, which meant there very very rarely were gloves that had the right -duration modifier AND were corrupted with Curse on Hit implicit.

So you pretty much never saw this interaction, but it was always there and I saw it myself in Kalandra league.

This league however you dont need those gloves and can use any ole rare gloves, so folks started tossing on CoH gloves and, wouldnt you know it, started crashing instances.

Twisters was able to proc 30/sec for awhile now, THAT is not new, so GGG's statement makes ZERO sense.
@SteffenBlake or anyone really

Please PM a POB that gets Aspect of the Avian duration under .033sec

It's not that I don't believe you, I just feel like I have exhausted all my options I and can't see a way to get down to 1-tick without the new crucible trees. Thanks!
Players hate mid-league nerfs, compensate this pls, use other ways for balance it, use chatGTP for "inspiration" how handle it.

LogicEngineer:

Naw mate, we were able to hit 30 procs/second in Sanctum and Kalandra league, that is not a new thing.

What DID change are two things.

1. Triggerbots doubled procs from 30/sec to 60/sec

2. The much much MUCH easier ability to put on Curse on Hit Gloves

Now the latter is what matters, I confirmed this myself in prior leagues, if you combined Curse on Hit gloves (which have no CD) with rapid hits/sec, it lags the hell out of the server, especially when its Despair + Poison stacks.

Prior folks needed nearly perfect rolled Saqawal gloves, which meant there very very rarely were gloves that had the right -duration modifier AND were corrupted with Curse on Hit implicit.

So you pretty much never saw this interaction, but it was always there and I saw it myself in Kalandra league.

This league however you dont need those gloves and can use any ole rare gloves, so folks started tossing on CoH gloves and, wouldnt you know it, started crashing instances.

Twisters was able to proc 30/sec for awhile now, THAT is not new, so GGG's statement makes ZERO sense.
More productive edit:
they need to revert this and address the lag from Curse on hit/poison WITH TRIGGER BOTS
As a chieftan player with curse on hit i have had ZERO stability or server/instance issues so now i get punished to the benefit of a issue that triggerbots had
Last edited by Nèmo on Apr 14, 2023, 3:36:38 PM
"
Nèmo wrote:
More productive edit:
they need to revert this and address the lag from Curse on hit/poison WITH TRIGGER BOTS
As a chieftan player with curse on hit i have had ZERO stability or server/instance issues so now i get punished to the benefit of a issue that triggerbots had

Same here, liquidated my leaguestarter and got a Chieftain to level 100 just hours before the nerf patch dropped. At this point it's already too late for me since I rage-gambled all my left over currency (60 divines) away on double or nothing Apothecary cards. Wishing all fellow Twister players the best for this league.

I thought GGG learned that kneejerk midleague nerfs (especially before a weekend where we can expect exactly zero communication for three days) are a shit idea.

But in this case it only affects a small niche of players so it's OK apparently.
You can get the base duration of each buff down to 2 seconds with the unique boots and gloves, and you get 60% reduced duration from unique rings and amulet plus an additional 25% reduced duration from the passive tree for a total of 85% reduced, bringing the duration down to 300ms.

Then Swift Affliction is 25% less and the duration mastery is 10% less, and the most you can eke out of Less Duration is 69% less, which brings you down to 62.775ms which is just below the threshold for two server ticks per trigger.

So that's 15 per second, not 30. Though admittedly, a 100ms cooldown enforced means you're dropping down to 7.5 triggers per second without cooldown recovery speed (10 triggers/second with some cooldown recovery).

It's also a lot easier to hit 15/s (and possible to hit 30/s) this league compared to last league.
Meanwhile ward loopers go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBv-w02zcw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info