D4 had over 1 million closed beta access players, with multi-millions expected this weekend. Wow.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Edit: also the additional details on the paragon board were great. Hopefully alleviates any concerns folks had about "+5 basic stats only"

Ah, interesting. Did they show off some mechanical/playstyle/skill/build altering nodes and not just stats/increases? Do you have a link?

Don't have a link, but timestamp around 52 minutes in, and goes for about 12-15 mins
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 20, 2023, 5:00:25 PM
Kinda ballsy of them. If the servers are crashing constantly and you can't play, the slam is working as intended.

Not unlike a certain giant phallic thingy that went kaboom very recently -- working as intended, as the job was just to get the damn thing off the ground. Everything after that was science. I'm no fan of any of it but I can appreciate that approach in and of itself.

So if the slam goes smoothly and we're able to just play for a few days...should we be worried? :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I suppose the theory is that a little over 2 weeks from soft launch (June 1st for NA) the data will help them can decide if more servers are necessary or not.

I mean the absolute insane scale we are talking about...I cannot blame them. This will be a truly unqiue and historic launch.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Yeah.

Re overlay map: we already navigate a map as core gameplay. I don't need one over that. Not with a minimap in the corner and a big one I can pull up anytime. One fewer distractions from the actual game world. I dig their decision to return the map to something we consult rather than rely on and if it doesn't cost them sales, why not.
The name says it all.
Hm so that server slam...that's Zelda 2's release weekend.

Like I said: ballsy.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I'm fairly certain the Diablo team doesn't care.

Even though it's a "server slam" it's still marketing hype a few weeks out from launch. They were very clear that all the beta feedback changes will be in this version.

Sure maybe it's ballsy, but its also savvy.
- Abraham Lincoln
Hey, they aren't mutually exclusive. But there is almost certainly some player base overlap between Diablo and Zelda even though my GF very magnanimously pointed out she can play hand-held. (I wouldn't do that to her, and I'll be able to play DIV whenever I want soon enough, servers willing.)

My best guess is it's just the weekend that best fits their agenda and the Zelda release, while taken into account, can't be a deciding factor.

OTOH maybe that's the grand plan -- ask people to slam their servers (i.e. try to log on) as they sit there playing TotK. Don't you guys have Switches?

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 21, 2023, 8:09:43 PM
"
Hey, they aren't mutually exclusive. But there is almost certainly some player base overlap between Diablo and Zelda even though my GF very magnanimously pointed out she can play hand-held. (I wouldn't do that to her, and I'll be able to play DIV whenever I want soon enough, servers willing.)

My best guess is it's just the weekend that best fits their agenda and the Zelda release, while taken into account, can't be a deciding factor.

OTOH maybe that's the grand plan -- ask people to slam their servers (i.e. try to log on) as they sit there playing TotK. Don't you guys have Switches?

Can we have any proof u have a GF? ty..
"
Hm so that server slam...that's Zelda 2's release weekend.

Like I said: ballsy.

Seems accidental. The server slam is set at that date because the announcement stream was 42 days from D4 release and the slam start is exactly 21 days from the announcement.
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
"

Can we have any proof u have a GF? ty..

Why is that of any interest to you? Is it somehow some weird miracle that a person might have a partner? This is saying a lot more about you than me.

That's not an avoidance btw. I just know whatever 'proof' I provide will either be insufficient OR far more information than I am comfortable sharing with a known antagonist on this forum.

But here's some PoE-based stuff: her PoE account name is IronCageSkirt. She hasn't played since beta (ARPGs aren't her thing) but most Exiles would know her as Acton. As part of my support of PoE, I bought her a Diamond Pack and she designed the map Acton's Nightmare.

Oh, and if you're REALLY good at google fu, you might find a photo floating around of me, her, Chris Wilson and a bunch of other Aussie Exiles at one of the PAX AUS meet-ups. ^_^

That aside, I cannot express how little I care whether or not you believe my GF/partner exists. What a singularly immature question.

___

DS44: yeah. Probably. I doubt it'll affect their test. Still, it makes an already big weekend kinda huge.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 22, 2023, 10:18:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info