D4 had over 1 million closed beta access players, with multi-millions expected this weekend. Wow.

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Also it looks like we might see another D4 beta soon!

I'm certain we will find out later today with the Rhyker podcast, but that D4 Twitter post is hype enducing. Hopefully this happens, I need more Sanctuary in my life lol.

Yep. May 12-14 with the Beta learned changes.

Will be interesting.

Yea saw that live. Pretty amazing

Edit: also the additional details on the paragon board were great. Hopefully alleviates any concerns folks had about "+5 basic stats only"
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 20, 2023, 3:00:54 PM
No overlay map on release, sadge. Just confirmed by Joe Shely but they are looking for suggestions.

Imo i'm fine with no overlay map but implement a zoom for the right corner mini map at least.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
No overlay map on release, sadge. Just confirmed by Joe Shely but they are looking for suggestions.

Imo i'm fine with no overlay map but implement a zoom for the right corner mini map at least.

I actually don't mind it and it makes sense to me. I'm glad they are sticking with their concept. Basically that separated map/world experience is better. Efficiency isn't always better. Why spend millions of dollars & years on an incredible world, only to have a permanent 2D overlay killing the visuals.

So I understand not making it a core option at this time. I've always been for player options as long as it inst in core opposition to the development philosophy.

Edit: in summary, that livestream was overwhelmingly positive.

Edit: spelling and grammar for context
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 20, 2023, 3:36:14 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

That's called cheap budget design
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:

That's called cheap budget design

It's actually the reverse
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Yea saw that live. Pretty amazing

Edit: also the additional details on the paragon board were great. Hopefully alleviates any concerns folks had about "+5 basic stats only"

Interesting, is there any summary of it anywhere? Don't really want to subject myself to listening to Rhykker to get the details.

"
RandallPOE wrote:

Interesting, is there any summary of it anywhere? Don't really want to subject myself to listening to Rhykker to get the details.

Priceless Randall, absolutely priceless.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Ah, interesting. Did they show off some mechanical/playstyle/skill/build altering nodes and not just stats/increases? Do you have a link?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Ah, interesting. Did they show off some mechanical/playstyle/skill/build altering nodes and not just stats/increases? Do you have a link?

Not really skill altering to some big extent.
Was mainly conditional damage nodes what was shown so far.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 20, 2023, 4:50:57 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Not really skill altering to some big extent.
Was mainly conditional damage nodes what was shown so far.

I mean that's selling it a bit short? We got to see a socketable glyph, and the region it effects in an area around it (and the glyph can be leveled).

We also saw what magic, rare, and unqiue nodes did, and how the pathing worked through multiple boards (gates)

There were skill thresholds based on basic stat accumulation, and the unique node shown modified cracking energy significantly, and added an intelligence scaling modifier.

That was just one board set of a few nodes. I think your summary undersells it quite a bit.
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 20, 2023, 4:57:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info