D4 had over 1 million closed beta access players, with multi-millions expected this weekend. Wow.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Not so much for the initial season, but it is right at the time of Exilecon. I don't think that was a mistake or coincidence. It will almost certainly steal some of the thunder for anyone that is interested in both. (not for those actually going to NZ however)

Moving forward, I can't imagine a scenario where Blizzard & GGG don't want to have a holiday-time release, but we will find that out VERY soon. (maybe even a PoE2 beta late Nov/Dec)

I don't think either party cares how the Exilecon timing coincides with anything - that's an event for the hardcore PoE crowd; the number of attendants is tiny on the playerbase scale, and for everyone else, it's maybe an afternoon-long stream/VoD.

As for D4 seasons, they aren't really poisoned for a Christmas season since the season 2 should land in end of October/early November.

PoE is likely going to land a league/PoE 2 in December, simply by keeping the 4 month league window.
"
Xyel wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Not so much for the initial season, but it is right at the time of Exilecon. I don't think that was a mistake or coincidence. It will almost certainly steal some of the thunder for anyone that is interested in both. (not for those actually going to NZ however)

Moving forward, I can't imagine a scenario where Blizzard & GGG don't want to have a holiday-time release, but we will find that out VERY soon. (maybe even a PoE2 beta late Nov/Dec)

I don't think either party cares how the Exilecon timing coincides with anything - that's an event for the hardcore PoE crowd; the number of attendants is tiny on the playerbase scale, and for everyone else, it's maybe an afternoon-long stream/VoD.

As for D4 seasons, they aren't really poisoned for a Christmas season since the season 2 should land in end of October/early November.

PoE is likely going to land a league/PoE 2 in December, simply by keeping the 4 month league window.

I guess we will see. I doubt highly Blizzard skips the entire holiday season with an Oct and then Jan as opposed to a Thanksgiving/Xmas window of opportunity.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info