[3.25] ❄️ Icicle Mines Deadeye ❄️ Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

38/40 challenges and all content done on Icicle Mine of Fanning.I recommend this build. :)
Just putting it out there. I've been playing and min-maxing miners for several years mostly with minefield setups. The nerf is real to mine speed to make minefield not feel clunky. you need mine speed on your weapons, helm, ammy, every jewel, and guerilla tactics and even then.. the nerf is making it too clunky with hh as i lose the 21 percent mine speed from stygian vise. This statement isn't specific to this build guide but for mining in general. I switched to triggerbots with cospri and squire with a dialla chest.. with ashes of the stars and enhance on cyclone to make it super fast.. all the gear is extremely cheap this league.. squire is 4 divs lol. It is a blast and i feel my sabo ascendancy character is no longer wasted from being clunky and slow (with minefield). I suppose charged mines charge stacking with badge of the brother is an option to enhance speed by a bit but its hard to beat minefield typically as its a 2.5x multi in most cases so most miners I spin up build around it. This league was the first league I'm having much more fun playing something else that was buffed rather than gutted.

In all seriousness mines have been getting nerf'd to death over the course of several leagues and this one made me reroll (re-gear the same ascendancy) at least for minmax endgame. Leveling is fine though. I believe detonation speed was shadow nerf'd as well since Glacial cascade seems to take way longer to completely detonate a full stack where it just doesn't quite have the "boom" it used to for lack of another way to put it even with high end gear and hh.
Last edited by xXShadowedMercyXx on Jan 27, 2024, 3:39:56 AM
"
Just putting it out there. I've been playing and min-maxing miners for several years mostly with minefield setups. The nerf is real to mine speed to make minefield not feel clunky. you need mine speed on your weapons, helm, ammy, every jewel, and guerilla tactics and even then.. the nerf is making it too clunky with hh as i lose the 21 percent mine speed from stygian vise. This statement isn't specific to this build guide but for mining in general. I switched to triggerbots with cospri and squire with a dialla chest.. with ashes of the stars and enhance on cyclone to make it super fast.. all the gear is extremely cheap this league.. squire is 4 divs lol. It is a blast and i feel my sabo ascendancy character is no longer wasted from being clunky and slow (with minefield). I suppose charged mines charge stacking with badge of the brother is an option to enhance speed by a bit but its hard to beat minefield typically as its a 2.5x multi in most cases so most miners I spin up build around it. This league was the first league I'm having much more fun playing something else that was buffed rather than gutted.

In all seriousness mines have been getting nerf'd to death over the course of several leagues and this one made me reroll (re-gear the same ascendancy) at least for minmax endgame. Leveling is fine though. I believe detonation speed was shadow nerf'd as well since Glacial cascade seems to take way longer to completely detonate a full stack where it just doesn't quite have the "boom" it used to for lack of another way to put it even with high end gear and hh.

I don't know how long detonate mines on left click has been around, but I don't see how Icicle mines is clunky in any way if played as this guide says
I put detonate mines on my space bar and just run around holding it down most of the time. I used the same technique when I want to drop totems on my ballista build. Does anyone have a better way?
I have 1 question about the mechanics;
When looking up POB damage i don't understand, is the average hit the explosion or damage per single projectile;

Gem description also just says "deals x to x dmg", but does it mean it has some kind of explosion dmg or is it dmg per projectile??
Since the gem does not have the aoe tag, i don't understand the ice explosion in the center is just a visual or actual dmg dealing boom boom.
"
Hamrfall wrote:
I put detonate mines on my space bar and just run around holding it down most of the time. I used the same technique when I want to drop totems on my ballista build. Does anyone have a better way?

Left click = auto detonate while moving
I do have detonate on another key, to detonate while standing still (sometimes this is more convenient vs. bosses or if you want to stack mines during boss phases for example)
Last edited by 99prosorc on Mar 3, 2024, 8:08:52 AM
"
4Swords wrote:
I have 1 question about the mechanics;
When looking up POB damage i don't understand, is the average hit the explosion or damage per single projectile;

Gem description also just says "deals x to x dmg", but does it mean it has some kind of explosion dmg or is it dmg per projectile??
Since the gem does not have the aoe tag, i don't understand the ice explosion in the center is just a visual or actual dmg dealing boom boom.

1 mine does 1 hit if you have 1 target (unless chain or pierce procs).

If you use Minefield, you throw 5 mines and may hit the target up to 5 times everytime you use Icicle (unless chain or pierce procs).

More projectiles = better aoe coverage = higher chance to hit your target and also more terrain chain procs

If you use Icicle of Fanning, you will notice the projectiles won't stack. It doesn't shotgun.
If i want to do this build for sanctum, should i skip deadeye if im not clearing maps ? deadeye just gets aoe stuff and tailwind
Last edited by miraclechipmunk on Mar 7, 2024, 1:55:34 AM
Thanks a lot for the guide!

I zoomed through A1 to A4 in record time with your PConc setup. Was very happy with my time, but unfortunately on A5 when I made the switch to Icicle Mines, I started hitting like a wet noodle. I had been leveling my Icicle Mines and its support gems (other than Minefield) since the Library so I don't think the gem is underleveled, but I wonder if it's usually recommended to delay the swap a bit more (such as Cruel Lab / level 50, 60 / maps)?
"
NamaNakadashi wrote:
Thanks a lot for the guide!

I zoomed through A1 to A4 in record time with your PConc setup. Was very happy with my time, but unfortunately on A5 when I made the switch to Icicle Mines, I started hitting like a wet noodle. I had been leveling my Icicle Mines and its support gems (other than Minefield) since the Library so I don't think the gem is underleveled, but I wonder if it's usually recommended to delay the swap a bit more (such as Cruel Lab / level 50, 60 / maps)?

You also need 2 wands / sceptres with high flat or inc % + crafted flat / inc %.
If you loot rare wands / sceptres in act 4 and 5 and switch in the beginning of act 6, it should be fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info