[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Is there any secret to crafting Jungle valley maps? any method you've found? map crafting for MF didnt get me any hits when i looked.

what lvl of increased quantity do you reach? i noticed i was at 200 without a loaded map.

Edit: nevermind, found Locohol's video u mentioned, all answered!
Last edited by 11Kobar11 on Jan 30, 2024, 6:44:16 PM
Hello everyone, I've basically reached the end of my journey as far as gearing this league and wanted to share some of the things I learned.

First, I would definitely recommend that people farm up enough currency to purchase headhunter before switching to MF. I personally did this through delirium orbs (around 2x my divs every time I ran them). MF feels incredibly bad without headhunter and you're just not going to be able to get through the beefier defenses of wisped up rares. After you purchase a headhunter definitely look at progenesis next as it helps an insane amount with defense.

When it came time for me to get a GG axe I opted to craft it and this saved me a huge amount of currency. All of the materials to craft the axe totaled out to right about 80d for me (with slightly good luck), and similar axes cost ~200d. For reference, I have never crafted before, and in just a couple days of research, I was able to figure out the steps.

Additionally, for anyone wanting to save a bit of currency, if you're already doing MF gear, you can buy a ventors with a bad fire res stat because you don't really need to overcap fire res that hard.

Also, I definitely recommend taking OP's advice on dropping rarity in favor of quantity and higher defenses. This is an image of my loot from the first map I did after switching (2 abysses despawned):

Personally, I found MF maps more comfy to run without Einhar for whatever reason. My clear speed was higher and I was receiving about the same amount of loot, so I recommend tinkering with this and seeing what you like.

All that being said, I enjoyed the build a lot and will likely explore something new once I swap to an additional curse defiance of destiny.

gear:
Spoiler

Unavailable

POB:
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/0nGjG69Y6aAf
Last edited by YBJFrost on Jan 30, 2024, 4:40:20 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
YBJFrost wrote:
Spoiler
Hello everyone, I've basically reached the end of my journey as far as gearing this league and wanted to share some of the things I learned.

First, I would definitely recommend that people farm up enough currency to purchase headhunter before switching to MF. I personally did this through delirium orbs (around 2x my divs every time I ran them). MF feels incredibly bad without headhunter and you're just not going to be able to get through the beefier defenses of wisped up rares. After you purchase a headhunter definitely look at progenesis next as it helps an insane amount with defense.

When it came time for me to get a GG axe I opted to craft it and this saved me a huge amount of currency. All of the materials to craft the axe totaled out to right about 80d for me (with slightly good luck), and similar axes cost ~200d. For reference, I have never crafted before, and in just a couple days of research, I was able to figure out the steps.

Additionally, for anyone wanting to save a bit of currency, if you're already doing MF gear, you can buy a ventors with a bad fire res stat because you don't really need to overcap fire res that hard.

Also, I definitely recommend taking OP's advice on dropping rarity in favor of quantity and higher defenses. This is an image of my loot from the first map I did after switching (2 abysses despawned):

Personally, I found MF maps more comfy to run without Einhar for whatever reason. My clear speed was higher and I was receiving about the same amount of loot, so I recommend tinkering with this and seeing what you like.

All that being said, I enjoyed the build a lot and will likely explore something new once I swap to an additional curse defiance of destiny.

gear:
Spoiler

Unavailable

POB:
Spoiler
https://pobb.in/0nGjG69Y6aAf

Very nice! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with the build

GL
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I can't use determination with the other auras , im left out of mana , i have precision / pride / herald of purity/ purity of ele / warbanner , i can run with all of those but if i activate detemrination i have no mana left
still loving the build and concept, well done Corosou.

i'm having problems getting past 4000 wisps which i think really kills my MF chance. do you have a method or a good link to share here?

I see you have warlords mark which i think is your key rage generator? do you have to be careful when casting to avoid conflict with snipers? i didnt realize warlords such a good source of rage till i looked a bit more closely at your build
"
11Kobar11 wrote:
still loving the build and concept, well done Corosou.

i'm having problems getting past 4000 wisps which i think really kills my MF chance. do you have a method or a good link to share here?

I see you have warlords mark which i think is your key rage generator? do you have to be careful when casting to avoid conflict with snipers? i didnt realize warlords such a good source of rage till i looked a bit more closely at your build

Thanks!

This was the one that helped me getting better at wisps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNCWFXA-A30

There is no conflict between Warlord's and Sniper's; once you have Rage, you want to overwrite it with Sniper's anyway.

GL
Is there a way to integrate this with Ice nova for auto cast with CoC?
Am I missing something with defences on this build (looking at the pobs)

No grace, no determination and 2K life how does the build stay alive. All of the other SS Champ builds seem to use both and have like 60K plus armour.

Is it kill before being killed type of thing?
well, Uber Atziri was too much for me. i thought i had a good solution using an ursine charm to prevent physical reflection damage with awakened brutality to make sure i did only physical damage. doing ok, but suddenly dead, not sure what killed me.

i'm immune to corrupted blood, but my chaos resistance was low. is that the issue?

Edit: well made some ajustments and made it. this build is pretty flex
Last edited by 11Kobar11 on Feb 13, 2024, 11:48:27 AM
Still a little new to using PoB, but under the skill section, is there an explanation on what to set the "count" number next to the splitting steel? Does this just count every projectile the skill shoots out plus the returning projectiles the Nimis gives you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info