[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
SuperBrother1 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey,

ya this was a bit skuffed at first. My Weapon had Cast speed crafted on it, not attack speed.
I had no Herald until the start of act 5.

This is my PoB at act 5 now: https://pobb.in/b0XVFiqwEsYP
This is my PoB at the Arakali Fight: https://pobb.in/1tG-GDZCeHRX
(why i still run Ruthless i dont know, i thought i had Chance to bleed in it but what ever)

Its, realy super scuffed but i have fun. I don´t know why, but i cant stop playing. After fixing stuff, the clear was realy smooth. Eaven in Delirum Mirror in Act 7 i had no problems whatsoever. If you get 50 Rage stacks it plays like an endgame build. On a 4 link.

I still don´t had a real Totem Setup with Culling at this point. So Rares and Bosses were taking longer.

Saying this, i play testing it on SSF, so no Dreamfeather no, 2h Uniques no Perseverance.

I can´t wait for next Friday.

SuperBrother

Edit: so i am done with Act 10 and Testing with blight, for people who wants to know this.

Clear is good but every Rare and boss are gonna run you over. Atleast early Leaguestart, you need freeze/Stun tower to deal with that. Otherwhise you are gonna fail hard.

Tested it after freshly killed Kitava, lvl 69 with 485 P-dps axe.
https://pobb.in/waXVZS95XWSy

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself!

And yes, now you know how utterly bullshit it's to deal with Blight as a close-range character. It's really pretty disgustingly unfair...

GL
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi corosou.
Build looks good so i will give it a go in new league.
I'm older and have a few hand arthritis problems but the amount of button pushing doesn't seem that much so should be ok for me. The keybind for "call of steel" in the MMB maybe problematic for me but i will get over that.
Love delve so i have to ask how does this build cope there?
Absolutely hopeless at POB so i hope you play this build in the new league so i can just copy what you do although it takes me about 6 days to get to maps lol.
Thanks.

P.S. I usually use Steelskin or Molten Shell on my LMB, is that ok or a no/no?

Hi,

Thanks, glad you like!

I too am an older gamer (47), and my wrists are definitely not happy after a long PoE session. An option is to use regular Splitting Steel, without Call of Steel; most other Splitting builds actually go for that option, or just bind Call of Steel to whatever is most comfortable for you.

I too love Delve, especially at league start, and run a ton of it, mostly doing low-level sideway farming, where I can get Rare items for double-chaos recipe early; the build feels amazing, as it's pretty zoomy, and can get in and out of the darkness without having to use Flares sometimes (And def take the time to farm all side areas looking for walls to blow up). And if you know what you're doing, you can easily get pretty deep.

And yes, you're welcome to follow what I'm doing. I only write guides for builds I actively play, though there're plenty of older PoB Exports for you to look at, and if you scroll back through the thread, you'll see I've posted a TON of gearing examples.

I guess you haven't seen that LMB binding is gone in 3.24. We're gonna have to use the new Call to Arms or Automation Support gems now.

GL
3.24 League Start Prep and Links

Hi Fellas,

Necropolis is upon us, so here are all the links you need for this build; just open up each in a tab:

1) Gems Checklist - https://tinyurl.com/324gemsv3

2) Acts Checklist - https://heartofphos.github.io/exile-leveling/#/
*Remember to help Alira (recommended for new players)

3) League Start PoB - https://pobb.in/u/corosou/324SSLS *READ THE NOTES!

If you want to see an experienced player level with this same set of skills, until he switches to Boneshatter, you can follow along this leveling session by cArn_:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2103257885?t=05h48m06s
*Remember to follow the Tree in the League Start PoB, not his!

And, if you haven't set one up, feel free to subscribe to my item filters here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/corosou/item-filters

And subscribe to NeverSink's as well, and use his Regular Softcore until you start gathering items for 2xChaos Recipe (Full Rare Set UNID ilvl 60-74). You can find his filters on the Ladder:

https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/ladder/follower

GL in 3.24!

EDIT:

3.24 First Kitava SSF Gear:

First Map Gear:

5L Axe = 9c
5S Chest = 5c
Last edited by corosou on Mar 30, 2024, 12:17:45 AM
Hi corosou, plodding along slowly, BTW i an over 70.
Quick question, i dropped a 970% Immutable Force jewel, use it - sell it now - sell it later when i finish the story?
Thanks.

Edit- sold it.
Last edited by EDMOSES on Apr 1, 2024, 8:25:11 PM
What progression of build after maps? In which cases we use chains or ryslatas? What auras we need to use and what we need for that? I see that core is war banner, purity of ele, HoP and HoA but what we use after 4 lab? Will be nice to see a little progression note TY
Hi op,

Thanks for the build, enjoying it alot right now!

Read your comments on warcry.
Was wondering myself why did you added it to the build, feels so clunky to use (especially after they removed keystone with `Warcries does not interrupt moving` (or something like that :D )).

Is there some alternative for sustain purposes? I dropped Vitality in act 6-7 aswell. So if I drop warcry too - I worry that sustain from leech and cwdt+shell wouln`t be enough.

Thoughts?
Trying this build and I have a couple of questions.

I can't see the ascendancy order mentioned anywhere!

What is the source for Fortify until second trial?

Overall I think the guide is a bit too defensive early on, unless you are lucky with drops or it's your second character it will be fairly slow going, so you I think you should consider more damage node investments early on and taking the life/armor/evasion ones later.

Anyway, thanks for the build.
Nothing to see here.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Spoiler
Hi corosou, plodding along slowly, BTW i an over 70.
Quick question, i dropped a 970% Immutable Force jewel, use it - sell it now - sell it later when i finish the story?
Thanks.

Edit- sold it.

Hi, sorry, only build related questions pls, cuz figuring out what to do with your goodies is a very personal matter.

For example, I hoard a lot cuz I like to carry GG gear to STD to have the best items, should I want to test a build idea or iron out an ongoing build.
Others like to just hoard currency like dragons and sell absolutely everything.

So, my suggestion to questions like this is always going to be what Thelonious Monk said: "I say, play your own way..."

"
ImikleI wrote:
Spoiler
What progression of build after maps? In which cases we use chains or ryslatas? What auras we need to use and what we need for that? I see that core is war banner, purity of ele, HoP and HoA but what we use after 4 lab? Will be nice to see a little progression note TY

Chains is used in combination with a Curse Removal Life Flask. So, that as soon as you are hit > Remove Curse with Flask > Gain Max Rage > Berserk > Repeat.

Ryslatha's for max Single Target DPS (Bossing, Sanctum).

Auras are what you mentioned. If you want more raw Physical Dmg, you do Pride instead of HoA, and add Brutality Support. To fit them in, you need to get sources of Reduced Mana Reservation from anointments (Charisma, Sovereignty), helmet corruption, Megalomaniac Cluster, etc (use the Wiki or PoB Exports from previous leagues)

Progression is a question of budget. If you have unlimited, then you buy the best gear there is. If you're limited, then you work with what you have, gradually farming for each item you want, but I am not going to give you a play by play of what to do, that info you can get yourself from older PoB Exports, older posts, and through trial and error (or you can just try to copy what I am doing in 3.24, but I am doing my own thing, and not really enjoying 3.24, so not progressing much ATM). Either way, nothing changed with the build for 3.24 and what did, I already mentioned in a previous post (check last few thread pages).

"
Icypew wrote:
Spoiler
Hi op,

Thanks for the build, enjoying it alot right now!

Read your comments on warcry.
Was wondering myself why did you added it to the build, feels so clunky to use (especially after they removed keystone with `Warcries does not interrupt moving` (or something like that :D )).

Is there some alternative for sustain purposes? I dropped Vitality in act 6-7 aswell. So if I drop warcry too - I worry that sustain from leech and cwdt+shell wouln`t be enough.

Thoughts?

YW! Enduring Cry was there cuz it was mindless to use. I left it because the League Start PoB Export was made before I could play 3.24, so there was no way for me to know if it would be worth using or not. I have not tried it yet in 3.24 because I'm not playing much, so I don't even know how it behaves with Call to Arms Support right now.

I am farming early Red Maps still on a 4L with Vitality and Arctic Armour, so you can do that as well. Not sure if you're aware, but you can just click on my name next to this post and look at my character to see what I'm doing.

"
ReZar wrote:
Spoiler
Trying this build and I have a couple of questions.

I can't see the ascendancy order mentioned anywhere!

What is the source for Fortify until second trial?

Overall I think the guide is a bit too defensive early on, unless you are lucky with drops or it's your second character it will be fairly slow going, so you I think you should consider more damage node investments early on and taking the life/armor/evasion ones later.

Anyway, thanks for the build.

Ascendancy order is in the League Start PoB Export Notes.

As Fortify Support requires Melee DMG, Leap Slam would be the only option, and it just doesn't do enough DMG, so there is no Fortify until you complete your third trial. I just skip the second until I can complete both. We're talking about a problem that is resolved within a few acts, so this isn't really a big deal.

You need to put yourself in the shoes of someone who has never played this game. The target audience of a Forum Build Guide is very new players who need something uncomplicated and safe to get them going. You may have a lot of experience already, which you are taking for granted, but if you scroll back through the 40+ pages you will encounter many people complaining about how it wasn't tanky enough, and ongoing discussions about how the setup was a "glass cannon", including several people that would just outright give up, then blame the build/me for their lack of success, so that's why the League Start PoB Export is much more defensively focused now.

Also, when the conversation gets going about the build being "squishy", it gives the impression that that's the reality, and not that it's on YOU, the player, to determine how to balance Defense vs Offence. So, for newer players, it's better to err on the side of caution, but obviously, if you know what you're doing, then you can get by with much less focus on Defense.

For example, I'm farming early Red Maps with Vitality and Arctic Armour as my only defensive auras, also if you look at my 3.24 character's tree, you'll see my pathing skipped all the +All Res so far (nice to have Packed With Energy in Atlas so easily accessible!) and I'm pretty much entirely DPS focused (as I'm still on a 4L, or 5L counting Lioneye's).

YW!

To all: GL Fellas! Thx for giving the build a shot :)
Last edited by corosou on Apr 2, 2024, 5:58:42 PM
I'm not sure where to head to, investment wise to keep powering the build.
I looked at the endgame stuff but it's all 50+ Exalt items. Surely there's a way between 2M DPS like I have and 55M DPS :D

https://pobb.in/S5grzUhgQ0St

What do you suggest I focus on?
I usually don't have issues finding upgrades but this build is built with a lot of uniques so there's not a lot of "logical crafting upgrade" paths.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Apr 4, 2024, 8:18:39 PM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not sure where to head to, investment wise to keep powering the build.
I looked at the endgame stuff but it's all 50+ Exalt items. Surely there's a way between 2M DPS like I have and 55M DPS :D

https://pobb.in/Umet0C-oalgd

What do you suggest I focus on?
I usually don't have issues finding upgrades but this build is built with a lot of uniques so there's not a lot of "logical crafting upgrade" paths.

Some things are unavoidably expensive, like Nimis; it's either Returning Proj Support or Nimis, no other way to gain Returning proj.

Another thing is that prices jumped by multiple div because of the devoted modifiers abuse with people spamming maps for the div conversion.

I suggest reading this older post by another player:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3337868/page/38#p25225127

Besides Nimis, everything they used is pretty attainable (except for Tincture and TWWT)

GL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info