[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

3.22 Endgame Gear & Video Update!

Hi Guys,

So, wanted to make a new post to show how the build is looking, because I've gotten pretty much every piece of gear I can think of (at the moment) and the build is feeling pretty pretty good!

But! as always I'll let you guys judge for yourselves...

Here's "The Forgotten" 84% Q, Hexproof, which means no Sniper's Mark for the extra projectiles:

YouTube: 3.22 The Forgotten (Hexproof = No Sniper's Mark Extra Proj.)

Here's the gear used for that kill:

And the PoB Export of this setup: https://pobb.in/XgNUrsJ1thKm

That's it guys!

Enjoy and hope those of you checking out this guide get to try the build before everyone realizes how strong and fun Splitting Steel is at the moment.

GL
Hey corosou,

This build looks great and I appreciate all the info you've put out about it. I'd love to try it, but the 100% Unique-type gearing is a bit of a put-off for me as I really enjoy min-maxing rares. Do you have any tips/recommendations/thoughts on some of these uniques that may be replaced with rare gear? Perhaps certain modifiers that you are looking for as a whole to really round out the build?

Thanks!
"
Cutlaz wrote:
Hey corosou,

This build looks great and I appreciate all the info you've put out about it. I'd love to try it, but the 100% Unique-type gearing is a bit of a put-off for me as I really enjoy min-maxing rares. Do you have any tips/recommendations/thoughts on some of these uniques that may be replaced with rare gear? Perhaps certain modifiers that you are looking for as a whole to really round out the build?

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks, glad you like!

Hmm... Tips regarding Rare gear, uhh? You might not like what I have to say ;)

BUT! Since you asked...

If you're min-maxing and you're crafting your own, you should already have the knowledge you require to figure out what to replace and why.

If your min-maxing by buying well rolled Rares, then I don't see how that's different from buying a well rolled/double-corrupted Unique, except the Unique will have bonuses/effects you can't get on Rares, plus good luck getting the double-corruption you want on the Rare you want.

On the other hand, you can endlessly Alva temple double-corrupt Uniques until you get what you want, as they are mostly pretty cheap and plentiful; it will cost you a lot in Alva Chronicles, but probably still cheaper than a single Mirror Tier Rare.

Basically, if you're buying it, you won't be modifying the item yourself, outside of its sockets, so whether the item is Rare or Unique doesn't matter.

IMHO, and for the most part, Rares will just be Life/ES + Armour/Evasion/Spell Supp. + Resistances. Maybe Tailwind on boots, but they probably will still not compare to Corrupted Dawnstriders with Haste 21. There are some mods for gloves, I guess, but again, expensive.

Trust me, I've put a lot of time testing in-game, curating every piece of gear I've picked, and they are all there for a reason, so if you deviate from what I recommend, you're on your own.

TLDR: IMHO, good Rares are expensive, and for the most part rather boring...

GL
are you going to attempt ubers? this all unique build interests me and would like to know if it can handle it. great guide
"
dayvidlay wrote:
are you going to attempt ubers? this all unique build interests me and would like to know if it can handle it. great guide

I don't really do Ubers, but the build is certainly capable of them. Doing Ubers is more about your skill than about the build itself.

Take, for example, Alkaizer who is able to complete Ubers with a melee skill in SSF hardcore.

Basically, if you're good, then you can do them. I kinda suck at avoiding shit, I'm too impatient, so I avoid that content.

There was a good video by Palsteron in 3.21 talking about why Ubers are bait that I recommend you check out, as it's still relevant for 3.22:

YouTube: 3.21 Palsteron - (The ACTUAL Reason You Make No Currency in Path of Exile)

Hope that helps! And thanks, glad you like the guide :)

GL
I'm having a hard time getting my resistances up with the gear provided. Is there something I'm missing?
"
Mystify88 wrote:
I'm having a hard time getting my resistances up with the gear provided. Is there something I'm missing?

Probably the tattoos with +3 all res. Check my character's tree.

Can also grab Diamond Skin.

GL

EDIT: That "Faster Casting" you're using does nothing. Splitting is an Attack not a Spell.
Last edited by corosou on Sep 2, 2023, 7:24:47 PM
Hey, I just rerolled to this build and I like the playstyle so far. I kinda jumped right into red maps. It's doing ok, except I die a lot. Any tips for improving survivability if I can't afford a progenesis yet? Also can you explain how the flask situation in general works with overflowing chalice? Is that setup enough to avoid dying in most situations, and what is the uptime like?
Thanks for this build! Levelling up a duelist in league using this build and it's been cool so far!

Looking forward to give it a go by endgame, as well as the ancestor mechanic!
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
fudgerockers wrote:
Hey, I just rerolled to this build and I like the playstyle so far. I kinda jumped right into red maps. It's doing ok, except I die a lot. Any tips for improving survivability if I can't afford a progenesis yet? Also can you explain how the flask situation in general works with overflowing chalice? Is that setup enough to avoid dying in most situations, and what is the uptime like?

Glad you like! But please read the guide in full.

You're supposed to be using an Instant Recovery life Flask (Seething, Panicked, Effervescent) with Warding to remove Temporal Chains so you can gain Max Rage on demand.

Without Instant Life recovery and without Rage you're missing out on a ton of tankyness and DPS.

GL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info