[3.22 Ready] ❄️ Glacial Hammer Slayer ❄️ | Freeze & Shatter Everything | Start>Endgame

Hey man what's up! Happy New Year! This build is amazing. But now that I'm starting to get more currency what should we do to take it to the next level? If we get Mageblood what should we change to get our stat requirements? Are there better uniques? Better clusters? Better passive tree? What's BIS Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh setup?

BTW I managed to get a Watcher's eye that's incredible! Still I don't know if it's the best for this build. Hope you are having a good time.

Last edited by Grinchcoolrancho on Jan 6, 2023, 3:34:19 PM
Anyone else that have done this build have improved it? Please let me know. I've managed to add a banner for more defense (Defiance Banner) and a Forbidden Flesh and Forbidden Flame with the Champion ascendancy "First to Strike, Last to Fall".

Last edited by Grinchcoolrancho on Jan 6, 2023, 3:37:47 PM
"
Vengesk wrote:
Thanks for the build I have been having fun with it. On my build I did get Born to fight but I'm wondering if the %Increased physical damage doesn't work here or doesn't apply maybe in the way I thought it applied?

It works, it's just not as effective.

The calculation goes as follows:
Physical damage > Converted to Cold damage (Glacial Hammer skill) > Gain as Fire Damage (Heatshiver)

%Increased physical damage increase the physical damage before conversion. However, the build also has a lot of flat added cold damage (glacial hammer, awakened added cold, mark of the elder, etc.). This group of damage source does not benefit from the increased physical damage as it was not converted from physical.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
That makes sense thanks for replying.
After a bunch of changes, managed to hit the 70 million guardian DPS. Most notable are: Atziri's Promise, Amethyst Flask; Cinderswallow Urn, Silver Flask; Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh for Champion's Ascendancy "Inspirational" as it gives the chance to either go full burst with War Banner or very defensive with Defiance Banner; Megalomaniac Cluster Jewel with Spiteful Presence, Feed the Fury and Master of Fire; Phantasmal Ancestral Protector and Vaal Ancestral Warchief with Multiple Totem Support and Bonechill Support. Changed Enduring Cry for either Vaal Smite, which gives tons of DPS and excellent map clearing (optimal for Legion) or Infernal Cry for guardians as it covers them in ash. Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/cmXky51C . Ask me anything if you have any doubts. Add me as MartilloGlacial.

"
After a bunch of changes, managed to hit the 70 million guardian DPS. Most notable are: Atziri's Promise, Amethyst Flask; Cinderswallow Urn, Silver Flask; Forbidden Flame and Forbidden Flesh for Champion's Ascendancy "Inspirational" as it gives the chance to either go full burst with War Banner or very defensive with Defiance Banner; Megalomaniac Cluster Jewel with Spiteful Presence, Feed the Fury and Master of Fire; Phantasmal Ancestral Protector and Vaal Ancestral Warchief with Multiple Totem Support and Bonechill Support. Changed Enduring Cry for either Vaal Smite, which gives tons of DPS and excellent map clearing (optimal for Legion) or Infernal Cry for guardians as it covers them in ash. Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/cmXky51C . Ask me anything if you have any doubts. Add me as MartilloGlacial.

Thanks for the extra info! I feel like I'm close to getting the puzzle pieces together on my own character, but would you be willing to take a look at my pob and recommend what steps I should take next? I know I'm pretty far from optimized, but not sure which order I should start upgrading things. My current plan was to get an influenced chest, but those are about 10-15 divines on console, so not sure if that's the best first purchase.

https://pastebin.com/pdqgWdCm
Last edited by Dadvil_PM on Jan 12, 2023, 8:53:38 AM
"
Dadvil_PM wrote:
"

Thanks for the extra info! I feel like I'm close to getting the puzzle pieces together on my own character, but would you be willing to take a look at my pob and recommend what steps I should take next? I know I'm pretty far from optimized, but not sure which order I should start upgrading things. My current plan was to get an influenced chest, but those are about 10-15 divines on console, so not sure if that's the best first purchase.

https://pastebin.com/pdqgWdCm

You have a LOT of room for improvement. First I'd go with getting the Heatshiver with the reservation corruption and socket there Determination, Precision, Hatred and Herald of Ice. Next is capping 100% crit chance. For that the easiest to reach at least 90% is Bottled Faith. Get one with over 130% crit chance and make sure to toggle "Is the enemy on Consecrated Ground" otherwise you won't see the difference. For the chest, don't buy it, craft it yourself, is much cheaper than you think. You only need a 6 links chest with a single influence with at least item lv 84, which could be either Redeemer or Elder. Spend alt orbs until you get the desired modifier such as +crit or non-curse aura effect. Then use an Awakener orb with a chest with the other desired modifier and use it on the chest you want. I got lucky, but only spent like 2 divs instead of 15 as you said. With that crit shouldn't be a problem. Also get a Elemental Penetration support. Is much better than plain crit multi.

I must say that Mathil always ruins niche builds, so getting a Glacial Hammer lv 21 won't be as easy as before. I got one for like 9 chaos? Maybe less.

Oh and forgot to tell that to use the new flasks setups you NEED the "Gain a flask charge when you deal a critical strike while affected by Precision" Watcher's Eye or else you'll have a terrible uptime. Shouldn't cost more than 5 divs + cold damage while affected by Hatred.

And if you wish to get even more damage, change the Holy Relic setup for the Multiple Totems + Bonechill support as I did on my POB. Hope you get all of the items above and have a good day!
Last edited by Grinchcoolrancho on Jan 12, 2023, 12:57:17 PM
How do you guys deal with spell damage? Holy crap I get one-shot a lot, I die in every single T16. I guess I'm a little rusty, as I was playing RF before, but still, I didn't expected build be so squishy against ele damage. Unless I'm missing some crucial part.
"
Padashuruar wrote:
How do you guys deal with spell damage? Holy crap I get one-shot a lot, I die in every single T16. I guess I'm a little rusty, as I was playing RF before, but still, I didn't expected build be so squishy against ele damage. Unless I'm missing some crucial part.

It's mostly a fully unique build so getting spell suppression or avoiding ailments is hella tough. You could follow Mathil's build for a more grounded damage but with better survival (100% spell suppression + 100% ailment avoid). Or make a Berserker with Forbidden Flesh and Forbidden Flame with Juggernaut ascendancy "Unbreakable" with same gear.

I did Maven yesterday and my damage was impeccable but I felt like a glass-cannon with all those spells hitting. Still is very tanky against a bunch of stuff. Sirius was really easy.
"
Padashuruar wrote:

The build has less damage taken while leeching, fortify, >75 res, dawnbreaker damage taken as fire. But if your measuring stick is Jugg RF with Spell Suppression, Eternal Damnation, Progenesis etc. of course you're going to say it's squishy (any other build would feel the same btw). You need to pay a little bit more attention to map mods / altar mods, maybe those are the thing that's killing you.

Also thanks Grinch for all the replies, great to see you're pushing to build even further. I tend to lose interest quickly in min-maxing any build I play once it reaches 10m DPS (in current POE), the only improvement / optimization I'd make then is only for it to 'feel good' (which btw I don't agree in some of the changes you made, but you're the one playing it in the end so you do you).

Also Heatshiver would probably get nerfed soon. It's just too good.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Jan 13, 2023, 9:31:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info