[3.22 Ready] ❄️ Glacial Hammer Slayer ❄️ | Freeze & Shatter Everything | Start>Endgame

Started playing this build after a day of comparing it to the Berserker version in reddit found here
Spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/zml6n5/320_budget_league_starter_glacial_hammer_berserker/

After deciding EO was too much of a headache I settled on your build and I'm glad I did. I'm having a great time.

Only things I had to invest into really was the one 3 cluster with fuel the fight, feed the fury, and martial prowess for a divine. The jewel that lets you pick passives next to ancestral bond is 3+ divines currently so I passed but it's not needed to start at all. It's still relatively easy to path up there and get most of the things needed for the build in the tree. I'm level 75 and perma-freezing 6+ essence mobs, metamorphs, and bosses are obliterated instantly (in juiced white maps anyway.) Thanks a lot, this is the most fun I've had in awhile.

My current character for this build is DiscountMurder if anyone is interested in what it looks like. Still need to upgrade belt and boots and have numerous other upgrades to get but it feels like the sky is the ceiling at this point.
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Dec 23, 2022, 2:09:40 PM
Started playing this as 2nd character, currently lvl 62 and I love the crit pop sound when enemies shatter!

One question tho - how do you manage mana cost when not using praxis ring?

EDIT: didn’t read everything properly - mana leech is on cluster jewel!
Last edited by anvilgod on Dec 24, 2022, 4:48:50 PM
Hey I had a question.

How are you gaining the Lightning portion of Trinity on random packs that get 1 shot, or bosses you cannot freeze.

Outside of freezing, is the say 25-30% fire damage your gaining from chill really enough to build it consistently as you clear.

This has been my experience at lower levels, but I'm not identifying what changes about it at higher levels. Unless I'm missing something, which I could be.
I am level 92 now and have made some upgrades. But still missing things. I don't have the life recoup or the holy relic setup. I only have about 4-5m pob dps whereas the author has around 15m (I'm not sure what to upgrade to close this gap or if I'm just not ticking something in pob.) My chaos resist is also awful and I only have the ring and gloves as options to get that on or maybe a jewel.

I'm running a bunch of big notables on the atlas passive tree and the node that makes all of your travel nodes do nothing but buffs packsize for every large notable. Other than the packsize interaction I'm allocated mainly in Beastiary, Essence, Strongboxes, Shrines, and Searing Exarch. My packsize in maps is obscene and the gigantic shatters are hilarious. I'm dying a bit however and I'm wondering if I should change my atlas tree to something that fits better but I'm not sure what that would be. Any advice here?

I'll setup holy relic tonight and see if that makes much of a difference. I could switch out my attack speed jewel for one with life recoup as well.
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Dec 26, 2022, 3:53:24 PM
"
Krazedirish wrote:
Hey I had a question.

How are you gaining the Lightning portion of Trinity on random packs that get 1 shot, or bosses you cannot freeze.

Outside of freezing, is the say 25-30% fire damage your gaining from chill really enough to build it consistently as you clear.

This has been my experience at lower levels, but I'm not identifying what changes about it at higher levels. Unless I'm missing something, which I could be.

You don't need all 3 elemental damage for Trinity, 2 alternating high damage elements are enough.
Typically how it goes it this:
1st damage hit on mobs almost always have cold damage as the highest, gaining lightning & fire resonance.
2nd damage hit onwards may have fire as highest as enemies are frozen, so you gain up to 130% cold as fire damage, gaining cold & lightning resonance.

Mobs that explode is 1 hit typically wont give you trinity, but then why'd you need the extra DPS if they die in 1 hit anyway right?

Enemies can always be frozen, even unique bosses like Sirus. However, they have a built-in immunity to action speed reduction, making them be able to move even while frozen (DPS calculation from Heatshiver still applies nonetheless)

"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
I am level 92 now and have made some upgrades. But still missing things. I don't have the life recoup or the holy relic setup. I only have about 4-5m pob dps whereas the author has around 15m (I'm not sure what to upgrade to close this gap or if I'm just not ticking something in pob.) My chaos resist is also awful and I only have the ring and gloves as options to get that on or maybe a jewel.

I'm running a bunch of big notables on the atlas passive tree and the node that makes all of your travel nodes do nothing but buffs packsize for every large notable. Other than the packsize interaction I'm allocated mainly in Beastiary, Essence, Strongboxes, Shrines, and Searing Exarch. My packsize in maps is obscene and the gigantic shatters are hilarious. I'm dying a bit however and I'm wondering if I should change my atlas tree to something that fits better but I'm not sure what that would be. Any advice here?

I'll setup holy relic tonight and see if that makes much of a difference. I could switch out my attack speed jewel for one with life recoup as well.

Share the POB so we can see your build better. You can also hover over & click the details in calcs > skill hit damage in added min, added max, total increased, total more, etc. in my POB to see the sources of contribution to my DPS.

Atlas notable is subjective, depending on what you want to do at the time. For example Expedition & Heists are known to be good, but I hate doing them so I just pretend they don't exist when pathing the tree. :sweats:
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Dec 26, 2022, 7:12:25 PM
Just wanted to drop feedback on this build - currently lvl 84 and I managed to do a random elder influenced T15 map and beat the Eradicator - never did elder content so this was first time for me. And I was only at 3.8k HP with no deaths!

Mob packs pop like icicles in 1-2 hits and I can perma freeze most bosses that don't have 'Cannot be fully slowed down' mod.

Gear is decent and I'm currently farming currency to get small cluster jewel, watcher's eye and Elemental pen gem. I'm still playing on a 5L.

So far the build is very fun to do and it's refreshing to not play totems or minions.
How do you apply the assassin's mark? It's linked with enduring cry and mark on hit but mark on hit doesn't support enduring cry.
"
jorre5 wrote:
How do you apply the assassin's mark? It's linked with enduring cry and mark on hit but mark on hit doesn't support enduring cry.

Enduring Cry basically just ignores Mark on Hit and vice-versa. I'm assuming it's because it's a Warcry skill, but I have mine setup the same way and there's no issues.
"
jorre5 wrote:

Mark on Hit wording states it's going to trigger on hit to rare / unique enemies with attacks. It's a trigger support that's unique in it doesn't have to be linked to your attacking skill.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Thanks for the build I have been having fun with it. On my build I did get Born to fight but I'm wondering if the %Increased physical damage doesn't work here or doesn't apply maybe in the way I thought it applied?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info