Diablko 4 announced

So finaly we know, it comes 06.06.2023, hope POE 2 will come out earlyer.
Last bumped on May 26, 2023, 11:48:26 PM
"
NimrodAut wrote:
hope POE 2 will come out earlyer.
It 100% won't lol. They won't even be announcing beta dates for PoE 2 and PoE Mobile until ExileCon at the end of July.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Sure would be a giggle if they could release it at 6pm GMT, but eh, as the mighty Meatloaf once said, two outta three aint bad.

____

I'm more excited for D4 than I was for D3, because I knew PoE was more than up to the task of showing why D3 was absolutely not what Diablo 2 veterans wanted.

I have far less confidence that PoE 4.0, neither a new game nor a rebuke/response to the direction D4 is taking as a D2/D3/WoW hybrid, is going to attract a significant number of new players or malcontents from other games. That is simply the price of GGG continuing to provide what existing players say they want, and not providing what they say they don't (even if they'd actually like it, and I've seen that happen in early PoE quite a bit).

Not a single thing we've seen from PoE 4.0 indicates it won't be 'more of the same': a second campaign leading to the existing endgame, an overhauled skillgem system facilitating the same sort of gameplay, new starting classes largely analogous to the existing ones.

Diablo 4, on the other hand, is looking unlike any other Diablo title so far in its ambition and intentions to be the first truly premium, open world isometric ARPG/MMO GAAS.

I prematurely mocked and dismissed Elden Ring's Souls+Open World aspirations and ate a hell of a lot of humble pie for it.

So I'm holding hope for D4 as a well-made ARPG/MMO hybrid and figure the worst that can happen is I'm wrong and I go back to whatever else I was doing. But if I'm right, we all win because I'm hoping it'll be a lot of fun.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
As it was said above, GGG lately delivered half baked leagues that were not properly tested in an attempt to modernize the game play, which in result backfired and ended up to be scrapped to some whatever half road mechanics they ship now.

I know that POE2 will probably be free and D4 is like 70E which is quite a lot for some people and this impacts the quality of the released game, but let's be honest, beside nerfs and revamps to mobs attributes / economy "to keep it fresh", GGG hasn't delivered anything new, to be honest they even broke what they had delivered for years.

Even if the player base hopes are high for POE2 ( I am highly assuming this is because currently POE get's only nerfs, no new stuff, just re-worked league mechanics to keep it going) like it was said above, it will probably a copy pasted normal POE with a different story and same as a league, old stuff re-arranged with different icons to make it look new and exciting.

From the trailers right now, seems that it's the same stuff...Probably tweaks here and there to adapt to a 6 link 6 skill game style.

Even though I hate Blizzard more than GGG, I really want them to succeed with d4, because in POE anything that works and gives me fun, get's nerfed, butchered or plain massacred by the overall vision of keeping it fresh and exciting.

I liked skeletons and zombies, np it's too op nerf it down, I liked Tornado shot, np nerf it to be just a casual mapping build for lower tiers, I liked ward loop np nerf it cuz it's too op. Everything that I liked and saved my POE experience got nerfed to keep it fresh, making me wanna play less and less and less...And probably POE 2 will be the same, cuz it's from the same mind that designed this absurd vision

And let's face it, what's exactly to play, you take a char, push the atlas, make a strategy farm currency to try your shot at a gambling slot machine to either craft ( which by the way was nerfed so hard that it's in the worst spot possible) or gamble divionations / chase uniques that you will probably forget in the dumpster standard.

The end game of poe is a mirrage, it's better than D2 but it's nothing new...Every other game has replayability some way or another. The only thing that technically new in poe, is the absurd things you can do with your building, which in reply from GGG get's nerfed or adjusted, because let's face it they shouldn't even be there if the purpose is to clear pixels faster.

Technically GGG has this league ( which does not look good based on what they announced) and next league to prove they can still hold their ground...And that, won't happen, the only players whom will still play will be the paid actors and some here and there players that are either poor and cannot afford D4 or are too casual to try something else.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Dec 9, 2022, 2:02:34 AM
"
So I'm holding hope for D4 as a well-made ARPG/MMO hybrid and figure the worst that can happen is I'm wrong and I go back to whatever else I was doing. But if I'm right, we all win because I'm hoping it'll be a lot of fun.

Now that the NDA has lifted, i can safely say that Diablo 4 is a lot of fun to play although my time with it was brief.

I was most impressed by the atmosphere, outstanding attention to details everywhere, eeriness is beyond D2 and even D1 created by subtle sound effects in the background and exellent lightning/shadow effects at play, Diablo never felt this good before. Diablo 2 rogue encampment 'den of evil quest' anyone? D4 surpasses that by a mile and sucks you in from the very first moment.

I won't get into the rest (now that NDA is lifted, people like rhykker , force gaming has it covered in their latest videos) but i feel confident now this game is going to be a huge success next year, as for POE2 i still think it looks good from previews but GGG is going to have(for the first time, since D3 collapse) some serious competition next year, anyway this is a good time for those of us who likes to play isometric ARPG games, rejoice.
Last edited by wierdzodi on Dec 9, 2022, 5:27:12 AM
I will be on vacation in Hawaii (first time!) for D4 launch, which is immensely sad for gamer me, but also great for real life me.

After reading much of the commentary post beta NDA, I'm pretty pumped for this once I get back.

Should be a great Summer!
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
wierdzodi wrote:
"

Now that the NDA has lifted, i can safely say that Diablo 4 is a lot of fun to play although my time with it was brief.

I was most impressed by the atmosphere, outstanding attention to details everywhere, eeriness is beyond D2 and even D1 created by subtle sound effects in the background and exellent lightning/shadow effects at play, Diablo never felt this good before. Diablo 2 rogue encampment 'den of evil quest' anyone? D4 surpasses that by a mile and sucks you in from the very first moment.

I won't get into the rest (now that NDA is lifted, people like rhykker , force gaming has it covered in their latest videos) but i feel confident now this game is going to be a huge success next year, as for POE2 i still think it looks good from previews but GGG is going to have(for the first time, since D3 collapse) some serious competition next year, anyway this is a good time for those of us who likes to play isometric ARPG games, rejoice.

Thank you for your impressions. One thing that really grabbed me about the D4 screenshots was the incredible usage of chiaroscuro, and then I read the art team directly cite Rembrandt and the Italian masters as a reference. I thought that was amazing, really. I'm glad to hear it translates well into movement, because a lot of games try that and end up looking like an HDR nightmare.

2023 is looking like a pretty insane year for the sorts of games I really enjoy.

edit: I stopped Rhykker's video about ten minutes in. My little gaming group has until June to clear my backlog of games because after that, if things proceed as Blizzard plans, it's Sanctuary all the way.

I do not see PoE 4.0 competing with this at all. But I also don't see it doing much for those who already prefer PoE over Diablo. In short, I predict co-existence. Which is, in almost all cases, the best possible scenario.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 10, 2022, 1:00:28 AM
I think not separating PoE 1 & 2 may be a mistake.

This handicap/limits what is possible with PoE2.

I do also understand that Poe2 (let us be real) is just PoE4, a major expansion of PoE, but PoE 2 sounds more marketable to non-existing players that GGG try to woo.

PoE 2 can be the zoom zoom fast pace complex gameplay that many existing players love, & PoE 2 can be the slower, more noob-friendly version that can attract wider audiences.

They can co-exist. I do understand this means splitting the resources, so it may not be a good idea also.

I guess it depends on what gamers & GGG want really. It's a substantial visual upgrade for existing players with some QoLs and gameplay improvement thrown in. It wouldn't drastically change the game (for good or bad).

If GGG & Chris particularly expect PoE2 to be the "diablo" game of "diablo games", then it will probably not be the case, unless D4 become a "disaster" & the D4 refugees move to PoE 2 as they did in D3.

Everyone that played the press beta is creaming about it, & dreamcastguy already think its potential GoTY. But we know the test is in the end game which got mix reaction from the close beta.

In any case, as long as expectations are grounded, that is POE2 will be a natural improvement to PoE, & not the 2nd coming of backstreet boys, then I think it should be fine.

In any case, both games (D4 & PoE2) can co-exist. It's not a marriage, you can pick more than one to play.
Last edited by KiadawP on Dec 10, 2022, 7:43:31 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I will be on vacation in Hawaii (first time!) for D4 launch, which is immensely sad for gamer me, but also great for real life me.

After reading much of the commentary post beta NDA, I'm pretty pumped for this once I get back.

Should be a great Summer!

Enjoy your summer vacation. Don't worry too much. The first week will be long queues and server issues.

By the time you return, it will be Stable Sally & ready for season 1
"
KiadawP wrote:
I think not separating PoE 1 & 2 may be a mistake.

One word: mtxes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info